Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What games do you look forward to in 2013?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Potentially Day 1 purchase interesting games for the 2013 and 2014 range:

Bioshock Infinite
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Dark Souls 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2
Thief 4
Doom 4
Star Wars 1313
Dragon Age 3
New Monolith game (?)
New Rocksteady Batman game
Company of Heroes 2
Bungie's Destiny
GTA 5
Tomb Raider
South Park
Metal Gear Solid GZ
XCOM Shooter
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Machine Games secret project (New Wolfenstein?)
Prey 2
Resident Evil 6 PC port
Project Zwei
Project Eternity
Fallout 4

Yeah, gaming is dead and all that shit.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
A handful of games mentioned in this thread. And also Starbound, the spiritual successor to Terraria.

L'ennui

Magister
That Star Trek game.
Wasteland 2.
Last of Us. Yeah, it's a PS3 game. Decline and so on and so forth, ad infinitum. DEALING WITH IT. NAO. Ok, dealt with it. What do you know, game still looks frickin good.
Total War : The Engine That Will Hopefully Support a Europa Barbarorum-like Mod : Rome 2 : Subtitles
Star Command for Android.
Does Europa Universalis 4 come out in 2013 or 14?

I will have enough free time to play a grand total of zero of these games, of course.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
None so far.

Oh, I keep forgetting those KS RPGs are coming out this year. So there's that.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As has been stated, I won't have to spend much on games this year as I've already paid for many Kickstarter games:
Xenonauts
Eisenwald
Antharion
Shadowrun Returns
Wasteland 2 (hopefully a 2013 release)
Dead State
Banner Saga
Quest for Infamy
Double Fine Adventure (can't remember what they call it now)

Either these games (if released this year) will make me feel :obviously: if their any good or I'll feel :oops: if they turn out to be junk.

Only non-KS games I'm also looking forward to are:

Underrail
Grimoire (ITZ will be released this year :P)

And the only so called "AAA" game I'm really excited about is:
Chaos Chronicles

If most of these games are any good, and I tend to think they will be, then 2013 will be an AWESOME year for my gaming pleasure!! It is an exciting time with many games that I actually want to play and catering to my tastes (old school: Turn based, ISO, point-click adventure, stats, non-twitch, etc.) coming out. Kickstarter has changed the gaming landscape, at least for me. I never thought I would see a return of these type of games tailored to my memories of what made games good.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Dead State
Metro Last Light
DFA
AOD
Chaos Chronicles
Divinity Original Sin
Underrail
Grimoire

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Eschalon Book 3 - if only to see the end of the series.
The Cave - It looks interesting, which is more than can be said for 90%+ of games released nowadays.
Leisure Suit Larry (the 4th remake) - Just to see how it turns out.
There was a fourth game, but I keep forgetting the name of it, so I don't know if it's due out this year or was released last year. "M"-something, I think. A 2D stealth game where you could reprogram house security to do all kinds of things.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
A handful of games mentioned in this thread. And also Starbound, the spiritual successor to Terraria.

Oh yeah, I'm very much looking forward to Starbound. As it happens, I'm replaying Terraria now... I hadn't played it since the first month of its release, so there's tons of new content.

deuxhero

Arcane
Fire Emblem 13
Etrian Odyssey 4
Atelier Ayesha
Soul Hackers
Pokemon X
SMT4 (if it makes it to the west this year)
Bravely Default/All the Bravest

Also Saints Row 4 and Mount and Blade 2, but the previous games had some issues I require fixed before I give buying a serious consideration

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would be amazed if M&B 2 were released this year. There hasn't even been any footage yet.

Captain Shrek

I would be amazed if M&B 2 were released this year. There hasn't even been any footage yet.

:thumbsup:

I have a lot of hopes. Let's pray it's not another mod passed off as a game.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Age of Decadence
Antharion
Chaos Chronicles
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Divinity: Original Sin
Eschalon Book III
Grim Dawn
Grimoire
Legends of Eisenwald
Path of Exile
Shadowrun Online
War for the Overworld
Xenonauts

Obviously all those might not actually come out in 2013 but it's looking to be a really great year! :)

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Overgrowth hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but maybe they won't finish it this year.

In any case, also new versions of Kerbal Space Program and Dwarf Fortress.

Multi-headed Cow

God damn, Asper what Magic card is your avatar from? It's tickling my memory but I can't remember it to save my soul. I know it's Fallen Empires though.

Not really an edit: Found it, but oh god it wasn't Fallen Empires. I've shamed myself. Fucking Ice Age.
9a32ad9b-b6fa-4f70-b0e6-d3190ea8d4a1.jpg

SearchEngine

Learned
Kinetic Void
Skyjacker
Strike Suit Zero
Starsector
Rayman Legends
Dead State
Expedition Conquistador
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Age of Decadence
Underrail
Wasteland 2
Europa Universalis IV
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII :oops:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Path of Exile
Prison Architect (How was this not mentioned?)
AVWW2
Desktop Dungeons
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Unclaimed World (Previously called Conlan's Claim)
Starfarer
Megaman X Corrupted

Most of these don't have set release dates but at least half of them are probably still going to be out before AoD.

Marobug

I'd say:
Star Lords
Bioshock Infinite (shut up)
Europa Universalis 4
The Shadowrun RPG
Wasteland 2
GTA 5
Pandora

None of these are day one purchases though, except for Star Lords because well, I already pre ordered and have been playing the latest builds since a few months ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom