Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the best RPG of the CRPG Renaissance?

Best CRPGs 2012-2021

• Legend of Grimrock

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Dead State (ReAnimated)

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Divinity: Original Sin

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

• Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

• Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Shadowrun Returns

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Votes: 62 24.5%
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong

• Legend of Grimrock II

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Might and Magic X: Legacy

• Lords of Xulima

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Votes: 43 17.0%
  • ELEX

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • NEO Scavenger

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Wasteland 2

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Legends of Eisenwald

• Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • The Age of Decadence

Votes: 60 23.7%
  • Underrail

Votes: 84 33.2%
  • Darkest Dungeon

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2

Votes: 23 9.1%
  • Tyranny

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Torment: Tides of Numenara

• Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Votes: 99 39.1%
  • Disco Elysium

Votes: 57 22.5%
  • Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

• Heroine's Quest

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Battle Brothers

Votes: 23 9.1%
  • Expedition: Conquistadors

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Expedition: Vikings

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Vaporum

• Vaporum: Lockdown

• Starcrawlers

• Serpent in the Staglands

• ATOM

• Caves of Qud

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Votes: 34 13.4%
  • Star Traders

• Tales of Maj'Eyal

• Voidspire Tactics

• Alvora Tactics

• Satellite Reign

• Kenshi

• Troubleshooter

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Dungeon of Naheulbeuk

• Wasteland 3

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Knights of the Chalice 2

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Quest for Infamy

• Blackguards

• Blackguards 2

• Dungeon Rats

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • A Legionary's Life

• Total voters

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah,no popamole taste at all....

You have your preferences and I have mine. We even agree on Underrail and Shadowrun being the best. Grimoire is the opposite of popamole and I think you haven't even played it. D:OS was RPG of the year here and I enjoyed Deadfire quite a lot, unlike the first one. It was also a Codex prize so maybe that contributed to my enjoyment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,no popamole taste at all....

You have your preferences and I have mine. We even agree on Underrail and Shadowrun being the best. Grimoire is the opposite of popamole and I think you haven't even played it. D:OS was RPG of the year here and I enjoyed Deadfire quite a lot, unlike the first one. It was also a Codex prize so maybe that contributed to my enjoyment.
Sure,but i don't bitch about other games before showing me own degenerate tastes :smug:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Only a degenerate thinks that his own taste is the epitome of good taste.

Not to mention that the second most ignored poster on the Codex is not exactly in a position to pretend that he is some kind of monocled gentleman.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Only a degenerate thinks that his own taste is the epitome of good taste.

Not to mention that the second most ignored poster on the Codex is not exactly in a position to pretend that he is some kind of monocled gentleman.
LoL what kind of loser would think themself a monocled gentlecuck ?! I am a degenerate prime Bulgar bastards,don't give a toss about who is liking what,i like what i like,you plebs could have your own misguided tastes. And yes,my taste is superior.
:martini:

jungl

Augur
idk how anyone can say shadowrun games were good. Extremely short story fag crap what a boring implementation of tabletop in a video game. Underrail also lol fuck that eschalon book 1 movement speed. Where is the random knockdown fallout 1-2 had? Can get knocked on your feet by guns or hit in melee really hard where you get knocked back few feet. Combat doesn't look good in underrail.

This list sucks I enjoyed random indie shit I can't recall more then games on this list.

More than 10 years on this forum and still making anonymous polls, dude what the fuck
It's actually been almost 15 :happytrollboy:, but regardless who cares about poll anonymity? People unwilling to discuss their picks are unworthy of attention, and I don't need to know what Fanta voted for to know he's a dumbfuck.

Codex "RPG of the Year" Witcher 3 not even on the list - and pretty much nobody cares. :incline:

Witcher 3 winning Codex GOTY is very weird to me. It's an okay game, with moments of above average writing, but it's also basically the melee combat version of popamole.

Shaki

Arbiter
My old man brain is playing tricks I guess. I thought for sure Twitcher 3 had won.

It won the Age of Incline 2012-2016 vote, which is arguably even bigger than a single year vote:

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10535

That just proves that Codex isn't immune to the parasitic brain disease that's eating the society. Locking ourselves in a dark basement with other autists can slow the process, but not stop it. It only took a year for W3 to overtake Underrail and AoD. In 20 years the TB vs RTwP debates will cease, with QTE taking over as the pinnacle of combat gameplay, we will all be judging how prestigious the game is by the amount of black lesbian trannies it included, and any mention of wh*te people in gaming will be immediately met with 1000 decline buttons.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Underrail and Pathfinder: Kingmaker are the new classics. Everything else is below them.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My old man brain is playing tricks I guess. I thought for sure Twitcher 3 had won.

It won the Age of Incline 2012-2016 vote, which is arguably even bigger than a single year vote:

That just proves that Codex isn't immune to the parasitic brain disease that's eating the society. Locking ourselves in a dark basement with other autists can slow the process, but not stop it. It only took a year for W3 to overtake Underrail and AoD. In 20 years the TB vs RTwP debates will cease, with QTE taking over as the pinnacle of combat gameplay, we will all be judging how prestigious the game is by the amount of black lesbian trannies it included, and any mention of wh*te people in gaming will be immediately met with 1000 decline buttons.

Wasteland 3 is garbage.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Considering that nobody cares that Witcher 3 is not even included in this list, I'd say your assessment is incorrect.

Mortmal

Arcane
What's with all the KOTC2 love? Last I heard it was brutal and people were saying they preferred KOTC. Has it been improved since then or were those people just misleading pansies?
It's 10 votes only hardly lot of love . KOTC2 is the thing here giving the most mixed feelings, absurdly hard but getting tuned, still a work in progress. It improves but i dont have the patience for another playthrough to tell if steamtards will trash it on release still. But what it do good, it do real good. The character creation rival kingmaker, there's even psion which is very rare in rpgs, the AI is fantastic. It's a real RPG for sure very close to a tabletop game, but with a demented Dm who doesnt bother with balance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom