Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your "popamole" of choice?

OuterSpace

Scholar
Vanquish is 'Progressive Popamole'

when you take cover the game laughs at you and then you die.

MetalCraze

Arcane
fuzzball said:
you don't want to see endless cutscenes or dialogues and you just want to chew bubblegum and kick the crap out of some aliens, nazis , pirates or whatever?

But popamole is all about watching endless cutscenes and dialogues and you can't chew bubbglegum and kill shit because you are forced to sit behind some retarded box

Fucking 2010 members cannot into Codex lore.

fuzzball

Novice
I've been lurking around here for way more time than you would think and my own definition of "popamole" includes a wider range of games (including Doom and the like).
:smug:

Lately I've been playing things with lots of explosions to calm myself. MechWarrior 4 is my first choice when I think of this kind of games. :love:

Data4

Arcane
My timekiller isn't popamole. It's SupCom Forged Alliance on an 81km x 81km map vs. 1 computer controlled opponent. Usually takes a few hours.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Popamole? Stranglehold, definitely.

It has popamole mechanics but you're still vulnerable behind cover, and 99% of the cover in this game can be blown away, so if you stay behind it for too long, it will break apart from the hail of bullets, so doing cool stunts Max Payne style is actually more effective than mere mole-popping. I actually had an enemy flank my position when I was behind cover.

That's how modern POP THA MOELZ action games should be.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
fuzzball said:
my own definition of "popamole"
does not exist.

Popamole is popamole. If it doesn't meet the strict criteria set by the word's meaning, it is not popamole.

Pop a mole = I don't play those games, the only one I liked was Resistance as a drunken co-op game. Actually I don't think it had that cover mechanic nor full health regen so it doesn't fit, either.

And I play a lot of different games.

Chuftie

Augur
Monster hunter freedom: unite

It bring my inner asspie out in regards to obsessively grinding for materials

baronjohn

Cipher
Do Crysis and Mirror's Edge count as popamole? They were pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom