Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck did i do

Codex Year of the Donut
did you guys know that gary gygax was a CHUD who spread lies?
Somehow Political correctness seems to be working its way into gaming, and that's a dispicable thing, as Political Correctness is thought control. As author Richard Payne Knight notes, "Poverty of expression will product poverty of conception." Offense at what is said is too easily taken these days, hindering free speech and free thinking.
https://www.enworld.org/threads/q-a-with-gary-gygax.22566/page-80#post-1153143

he saw this coming years before anyone else and he'd be dismissed as a "right wing CHUD!!!!" now
Strange new respect for that ol' cokehead.
I own a 12 gauge pump and a double-barreled shotgun. a 30-30 carbine, a 7.63 mm Argentine Mauser, a 9mm Uzi, and a .22 semi-automatic. I also have several handguns, including a .45 semi-automatic, a .357 revolver, and a 9mm colt semi-automatic.
Of course I keep loaded handguns--empty ones are less useful that a rock.

he'd be canceled in seconds now

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Somehow Political correctness seems to be working its way into gaming, and that's a dispicable thing, as Political Correctness is thought control. As author Richard Payne Knight notes, "Poverty of expression will product poverty of conception." Offense at what is said is too easily taken these days, hindering free speech and free thinking.

he saw this coming years before anyone else and he'd be dismissed as a "right wing CHUD!!!!" now
I own a 12 gauge pump and a double-barreled shotgun. a 30-30 carbine, a 7.63 mm Argentine Mauser, a 9mm Uzi, and a .22 semi-automatic. I also have several handguns, including a .45 semi-automatic, a .357 revolver, and a 9mm colt semi-automatic.

good

LJ40

Cipher
If you're doing so with the newest material, then you're doing so in name only.
Of course not. As I said, I stopped AD&D at 2E. As for the others LotR is all Tolkien and ended when he died, and new Star Trek sucks ass. Calling LotR or Star Trek a hobby is kind of retarded to begin with, but here we are.

As for you HeroMarine, Im not the one who gets his panties twisted every time his race is questioned. That particular pathetic insecurity is all you.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

Based and redpilled.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Of course not. As I said, I stopped AD&D at 2E. As for the others LotR is all Tolkien and ended when he died, and new Star Trek sucks ass.
Good thing fanbase changes didn't do anything to those franchises, right?
Calling LotR or Star Trek a hobby is kind of retarded to begin with, but here we are.
Screenshot 2022-09-09 074940.png

This entire conversation really should be moved to a thread called "LJ40 Learns to Read". I assumed you forgot about this when you only asked for hobbies, but maybe you just didn't understand it to begin with.
As for you @HeroMarine, Im not the one who gets his panties twisted every time his race is questioned. That particular pathetic insecurity is all you.
I am secure in my status as a member of the Jewish/German master race. My ancestors are smiling at me, Jamal. Can you say the same? :M

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
"I can't understand how that image is accurate btw I only play 30 year old games because they were destroyed but I have no idea how that happened"

Most of us play old and new games alike. RPGames are fine, we get lots of good releases every year.

Though its funny that the guy who complains how old games were destroyed only plays new action RPGs and has zero taste when it comes to RPGs, curious

Codex Year of the Donut

Gregz

Arcane
Yes, yes, all progs hate Gary "Women don't play RPGs" Gygax.
And he was 100% right.
It had to be turning into LARPing for them to play it, which he explicitly said would happen.

Not to distract from Rusty's excellent points, but Scroo and Mebrilia the Bunny are fems with a prestigious background playing real cRPGs, and they have nothing but contempt for SJWs and woke gaming. The meme is generally true, but there are exceptions. As to the general plight of the industry, yeah, it's fucked.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Though its funny that the guy who complains how old games were destroyed only plays new action RPGs and has zero taste when it comes to RPGs, curious
have you ever considered I'm not a zoomer like you and played these games as a kid?
no since I'm older than you and actually played them as a kid instead of pretending to like you
"n-n-no u!!!"
is that the best you can do?
"n-n-no u!!!"
is that the best you can do?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yes I did, which is why is was confused* when literally the only two examples you could come up with that wasn't AD&D was LotR and Star Trek.
You were confused because you didn't read the meme before flapping your Dorito-stained fingers on your keyboard.

I hope* you've learned your lesson at least.

*I know you haven't.

LJ40

Cipher
Yes I did, which is why is was confused* when literally the only two examples you could come up with that wasn't AD&D was LotR and Star Trek.
You were confused because you didn't read the meme before flapping your Dorito stained fingers on your keyboard.

I hope* you've learned your lesson at least.

*I know you haven't.
No, I was only concerned with hobbies because I know very well what pieces of shit line the average fanbase. I am, after all, someone who loves RPGs who also visits this site.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Not to distract from Rusty's excellent points, but @Scroo and @Mebrilia the Bunny are fems with a prestigious background playing real cRPGs, and they have nothing but contempt for SJWs and woke gaming. The meme is generally true, but there are exceptions. As to the general plight of the industry, yeah, it's fucked.
I think I agree with you about their character, but they seem to enable or otherwise condone Theo's reporting.

Given the revelations itt, I kind of think that it's mostly between Theo and the mods, but these situations seem to happen a lot around Meb and co simply because they don't use Ignore. And certain posters naturally either simp, or get baited into going over the line while trolling, leading to more report fodder for Theo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom