Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck did i do

DakaSha

Arcane
I considered dropping the requirement for a pc of some sort, but SumDrunkGuy , you still harbor too much deceit, and aggression in your poor tormented soul. The following quest is for your own good. This should also be achievable on a Steam Deck (maybe? maybe not).

All of the following must be uploaded to youtube as proof
  1. You must complete a playthrough of Fallout 1. From character creation to ending credits.
  2. You may not use any cheat engines etc to achieve 1. This may be difficult to police, but I think there are plenty of autist dexers that will spot wonkery
  3. You are free to complete the game in any non-cheating way you wish (Fallout can technically be beaten very very quickly though I can't remember if that's feasible given the upcoming restrictions)
  4. You must play a female character named Theo with 10 In and 10 Ch and the Good Natured trait (I wish it had F2's Sex Appeal trait)
  5. While the credits are rolling you must say, in as deep a voice as you can muster: "And I couldn't have done it without Theo. Thank you Theo". I recommend saving towards the end of the game because this bit may take a few attempts to get right.
  6. It has been over 20 years since I played Fallout and if there is anything brought to my attention about the above restrictions that does not make sense, I reserve the right to change points in a sensible way.
Remember this is for your own good. I wish you luck in your quest.

edit: I should add on that DarkUnderlord should probably agree to these conditions.
I'd rather dive into the back of a garbage truck.
We are all here to help you on your journey should you reconsider.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
And spoil all the fun of SDG actually potentially attempting this?

Are you crazy?
That depends on how likely it is SDG can even get out of the cave and make it to town. It might be more sad than anything. Then everyone will just point and laugh while Theo gets to gently caress their genital of preference in glee.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Can you imagine the cacophony of cuss words reaching the upper atmosphere above Missouri the fifteenth time Ian shoots SDG's character in the back with a full auto burst?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I don't know but it might be better than watching him film his PS4 for the 100th time, so if this is a big brain game to get him on the right track I can entertain the notion.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I considered dropping the requirement for a pc of some sort, but SumDrunkGuy , you still harbor too much deceit, and aggression in your poor tormented soul. The following quest is for your own good. This should also be achievable on a Steam Deck (maybe? maybe not).

All of the following must be uploaded to youtube as proof
  1. You must complete a playthrough of Fallout 1. From character creation to ending credits.
  2. You may not use any cheat engines etc to achieve 1. This may be difficult to police, but I think there are plenty of autist dexers that will spot wonkery
  3. You are free to complete the game in any non-cheating way you wish (Fallout can technically be beaten very very quickly though I can't remember if that's feasible given the upcoming restrictions)
  4. You must play a female character named Theo with 10 In and 10 Ch and the Good Natured trait (I wish it had F2's Sex Appeal trait)
  5. While the credits are rolling you must say, in as deep a voice as you can muster: "And I couldn't have done it without Theo. Thank you Theo". I recommend saving towards the end of the game because this bit may take a few attempts to get right.
  6. It has been over 20 years since I played Fallout and if there is anything brought to my attention about the above restrictions that does not make sense, I reserve the right to change points in a sensible way.
Remember this is for your own good. I wish you luck in your quest.

edit: I should add on that DarkUnderlord should probably agree to these conditions.
I'd rather dive into the back of a garbage truck.
This is also acceptable. If you can upload footage showing you diving into the back of a garbage truck, your shoutbox sanctions will be lifted.

SumDrunkGuy

I already promised Prosper I would purchase Redaxium at full price (didn't say I'd play it, just buy it) and I also want to play through Control again but at an acceptable framerate. Also I have wanted to play CoC Dark Corners of the Earth since forever. Fallout will have to wait. At best it will be third in line, if I choose to play it.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I already promised Prosper I would purchase Redaxium at full price (didn't say I'd play it, just buy it) and I also want to play through Control again but at an acceptable framerate. Also I have wanted to play CoC Dark Corners of the Earth since forever. Fallout will have to wait. At best it will be third in line, if I choose to play it.
This is also acceptable. Until such time as you either dive into the back of a garbage truck or play Fallout as per the conditions set forward here-in, your access to shoutbox is duly and forthwith revoked.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Just remember man you can come and post at NMA forums at any time day or night because we are just so much fun to be around I mean part of me is there right now having SO MUCH FUN that it is hard to focus on this really boring drama...

:kingcomrade:

SumDrunkGuy

This is also acceptable. Until such time as you either dive into the back of a garbage truck or play Fallout as per the conditions set forward here-in, your access to shoutbox is duly and forthwith revoked.
And what about Water Drinker? Is he still allowed in shoutbox?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You are skating on thin ice my friend. Razor thin. So thin it might as well be Theodora's penis.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Are you saying you're WaterDrinker? What a shame. He seem like such a cool guy but now that I discover it's an alt, action must be taken.

So, no. Not even WaterDrinker.

SumDrunkGuy

You are skating on thin ice my friend. Razor thin. So thin it might as well be Theodora's penis.
I am the Nancy Kerrigan of codex posters. I'm the best at skating on thin ice. Theo and her gang are Tonya Harding.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I guess. I did somehow miss your date of 2015. You did skate under the ice for some time before I noticed you. Likely because you were posting in some football thread or something I guess lol.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I am the Nancy Kerrigan of codex posters.
This is you?

pain.jpg

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
you said you were humbled by the events transpired, and seemingly took responsibility for the events that transpired (which is good)
I don't think he ever took responsibility tbh; when he got banned he was immediately declaring it his life's goal to make me miserable, and the second he returned he was calling me a harpy etc. and continuing to put responsibility on me for his being banned. Doesn't strike me as being humbled at all, quite frankly.
I am not sure if you're joking or not, and I'm not sure if I am speaking for everyone, but here it goes: he kinda did. When he made that retarded challenge to himself to beat that videogame... that was a bro move. Or, at least, I perceived it as a bro move. He tried to prove that he's still passionate about videogames (if not RPGs in general), and so he tried to be part of this community. He tried to be one of us.

So maybe he didn't flat out said it, and maybe he didn't flat out typed an apology to you, but he did have a bro moment.

A moment totally opposite to... this...

(sorry about quoting myself, but it wouldn't have made sense otherwise)

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I am not sure if you're joking or not, and I'm not sure if I am speaking for everyone, but here it goes: he kinda did. When he made that retarded challenge to himself to beat that videogame... that was a bro move. Or, at least, I perceived it as a bro move. He tried to prove that he's still passionate about videogames (if not RPGs in general), and so he tried to be part of this community. He tried to be one of us.
Regardless of the fact that it's irrelevant to actually taking responsibility for his transgressions: He gave himself 8 hours to finish a 9-hour long game, a game, I should add, that he had already been playing for a week at that point (complaining all the way).

That's a very low bar for passion...

SumDrunkGuy

I guess. I did somehow miss your date of 2015. You did skate under the ice for some time before I noticed you. Likely because you were posting in some football thread or something I guess lol.
I wasn't a train wreck back then. I've gone unnoticed for the majority of my time here.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I wasn't a train wreck back then. I've gone unnoticed for the majority of my time here.
That trainwreck part *is* something only you can fix. It has nothing to do with the moderation, users here or the 'dex in general. I think, when lucid, you are a funny dude you can banter with alright so get a grip and look forward, you can't fix the unbalanced moderation but you can fix yourself.

SumDrunkGuy

I still don't have my shoutbox privs back yet... Look I get it, hilarious joke. "Lets force SDG to play a game he never wanted to play haha". It's gonna take months before I get my fuckin steam deck so I can't play Fallout even if I wanted to. So how about we reinstate my shoutbox privs until I get my steam deck and then we can do that Fallout thing. Seems like a win for everyone.

Codex Year of the Donut
I still don't have my shoutbox privs back yet... Look I get it, hilarious joke. "Lets force SDG to play a game he never wanted to play haha". It's gonna take months before I get my fuckin steam deck so I can't play Fallout even if I wanted to. So how about we reinstate my shoutbox privs until I get my steam deck and then we can do that Fallout thing. Seems like a win for everyone.
what platforms do you have?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom