Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What was hivemind reaction to Bloodlines announce?

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I mean it's Troika which is praised here. But then they announce game which is 3d and real-time and has much emofaggotry in it. Was Troika bashed for it, like wtf Tim Cain sold out?

edit: I used search but didn't find anything.

Imbecile

Arbiter
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Troika is going more mainstream, first a combat heavy D&D game and now a licensed HL engine to make a "FPS/RPG". Bah

Saint_Proverbius said:
I'm not really a huge fan of the setting either, but strapping it down with action... I dunno. I kind of expected a little.. more.. or something.

Vault Dweller said:
Yep, as long as it's a good, well written RPG I don't care what setting its in. We don't have that many good RPGs to be picky anyway :)

About the same as Alpha protocol is now by the looks of things

Wyrmlord

Arcane
"Troika is going more mainstream, first a combat heavy D&D game and now a licensed HL engine to make a "FPS/RPG". Bah"

I can't believe people said things like that. Making a D&D game means selling out to the mainstream with a casual unwashed product?

Has the Codex really declined, or has it started to make alot more sense as years went by? Seeing some of the stuff they used to say back then, I am bit inclined to think the latter.

Seriously, thinking that RPGs are in decline because of D&D systems is the kind of ridiculous thinking I used to harbour back when I was 15.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Decline isn't about that. Decline is inane posting. Because at the golden times there wasn't stupid inane threads, oh wait!

bhlaab

Erudite
Probably a bunch of shit that turned out to be ironic in retrospect like

"Oh, Troika, you'll be around forever!"
or
"If things keep going our way, we'll be swimming in hardcore RPGs by 2010!"

obediah

Erudite
I don't think I ventured very far past the news page back then, but I was extremely underwhelmed by the announcement.
I hate everything about the setting, and had given up on Troika making a game that wasn't torture.

I had love/hate for Troika since the beginning. Arcanum was awesome, but the delay, bugs, and RT/TB hybrid travesty were all signs of things to come. The fanbois were harder to argue with, because I wanted all the same things they did. But mainstreaming is mostly a one way street, despite hopes and promises to the contrary :dragonage: and :nwn2: .

obediah

Erudite
flabbyjack said:
There's plenty of great new games, you guys aren't looking hard enough.

RIP Troika

Yeah - you just have to walk over to the console aisle, and fall and suffer major brain damage on the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom