Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What would be the reaction to female protagonists from earlier eras in gaming today?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
maxresdefault.jpg

Why I'm not surprised she (it? whatever tublrian use to identification) have rusian accent?

mondblut

Arcane
Jazz: Hired Guns the botched JA3/JA2 remake/whatever had some taste for cover art, too:

319705875.jpg

76696046.jpg

:mrpresident:

pippin

The Overwatch lady could be upgraded by giving her an actual female figure (more "hourglass-like" hips, for instance) and an actual haircut. I saw an edit on the chans which gave her puffy 80s blonde hair, that looked great. You don't even have to make her skinny, fit girls are hot.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
As to how birds are recieved, folk like to see pretty folk in advertising, don't want ugly bastards and swamp donkeys cos they won't sell fuck all and you see em everyday.
As always, marketing turning everything into shit.

Why the fuck is humanity so vulnerable to primitive manipulation? Why so many gamers are white niggers?

Remember talking about this shit in 2006 when it got especially obscene with shitty cRPGs, MMOS and RTS with eye-raping covers everywhere.

Long time ago companies actually put an effort to promote their female characters, something that would get them flak today unless they looked like purple haired men with boobs.
Hey, at least she looks like a steroid-pumped/genetically engineered freak that a female character without a STR penalty would be.

Um like wow this thread is like totally problematic DDD: could you shitlords like put up a trigger warning or two so that differently thin wymyn can read these forums without wanting to kill themselves?????

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, compare:

wqlX8bi.jpg

With:

uUviHXU.jpg

49iW95l.jpg

According to some talking heads and keyboard warriors, this new representation is an improvement.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The new Tomb Raider still has pretty large breast. They're just realistic and she occasionally whimpers like a human being so it's okay now :smug:

typical user

Arbiter
I guess they wouldn't mind unless the game is hyped as hell?

Look at Hatred, some clickbait journalfags tried to ban it, someone on Steam banned it but Lord Gaben brought it back and that game had an excellent advertisement. Now everyone doesn't give a jack shit about it. Remember Jack Thompson, that faggot that btiched about GTA? He lost a case and is banned from taking any legal actions against games if I remember correctly. Does anyone care about animals that are now in GTA and you can murder them and that was main reason they weren't included in previous installments?

There is this game Bombshell, about femine Duke Nukem and no one cares about it because it doesn't reach mainstream audience full of political correct retards.

Unless we have another Larry's point n' click game. I guess feminazis would rage over it on Polygon how they did on absence of niggers in Witcher 3.

pippin

I guess feminazis would rage over it on Polygon how they did on absence of niggers in Witcher 3.

Goobergabber also raged when niggers were introduced by an expansion/dlc, without taking in consideration that they do exist in the Witcher universe. I guess you can't please everybody....

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
What is really outrageous is that these aren't hentai games. Fuck their false advertising and manipulation. Fucking teases.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Isn't NeoFag some kind of SJW hive
It's supposed to be opposite to the Codex. In reality it's political correct safe play yard, where you write politically correct posts.
Easy to get banned.
But it's still full of facepalm worthy garbage. Like people being annoyed by lack of diversity and "people of color" in WWII movies (see: new WW2 movie by Nolan). On the other forums (like here or SA) you could think "nah, they don't write it srsly" but on neoFAG? they are srs

his kind of female objectification would get shunned?
Apparently - not. Sure, there is high chance someone jump into thread and start crying ("how it can BE!?" muh misyogoyinsm) but you don't get banned for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom