Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's that game? Don't remember the title? Ask here.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Anyone knows the name of a racing game, probably released late 90's. You had cars that were animal themed, like a Cobra or Lion car. They had different stats liek acceleration and speed iirc and you had special weapons you picked up during the race like rockets, bombs etc.

4 minutes...

Cmgq-Lx-PWYAA9-Gqu.jpg

Tommy Gun

Arcane
I played this game on Newgrounds 5 plus years ago, I realize it could be lost forever.
It's a grid based city, 3D isometric (ish), most of the buildings are white or light coloured.
It's an after the apocalypse scenario, and I think it was all mouse "point and click" (I might be wrong about that).
You have a home-base and go out into the world to do tasks and find loot, of course enemies attack, it's a very basic game, but pleasing to play.
As you and your squad build up stronger, the game was nicely balanced, I remember the police stations being very worth attacking.

The dev made a second version, an expansion, also fun to play, but for me, I could never get the save game to work in the second one.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I played this game on Newgrounds 5 plus years ago, I realize it could be lost forever.
It's a grid based city, 3D isometric (ish), most of the buildings are white or light coloured.
I believe the game you're describing is the Rebuild series. If Newgrounds or Kongregate are still up you should be able to find the first two there. There's a third one on GOG and Steam.

Tommy Gun

Arcane
Hello Mr. Kitami.

You are correct, the game is Rebuild, with your help I have found it on Kongregate and started a new game :yeah:
This is why The Codex is so good.
Thanks a lot, Morpheus, I'm off to kill baddies.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I'm looking for a game like Overboard on PC but I can't remember the name. I just know I've played something like this but on PC. Any suggestions please?

Caim

Arcane
Way back in the day (some 15-20 years ago) I remember playing the demo of a vehicle combat game of some sorts. The most vivd thing I remember that in the tutorial level you were taught that if you were to drive into water your vehicle would get destroyed, so you'd have to press a button to inflate your tires to turn you into a monstertruck looking thing and drive through shallow water that way. The main story mission was in a snowy area where you at one point had to turn left to enter what was either a friendly base under attack or an enemy base to attack first, after which you'd drive down a slope to the mission objective. If at the first base you went straight ahead instead you'd enter a village or a lair of some kind where there were monsters (or yetis) that could mess you up pretty quickly if you let them, but I don't remember if these were neutral NPCs that only got violent if you did or they would always attack you.

IIRC there were also some multiplayer maps, one with some kind of minigame akin to Rocket League, but I don't really remember this part very well.

Caim

Arcane
Way back in the day (some 15-20 years ago) I remember playing the demo of a vehicle combat game of some sorts
This one? I only played its demo if I remember right.

Exactly the one, thank you very much!

From the looks of it the game's not on either Steam or GOG, so you'll have to dig through abandonware websites (but people are talking about having issues with it, so it's a bit of a hassle to get running).

Gandalf

Arbiter
This morning while having breakfast and playing chess, a melody from some game sounded in my head.

The thing is, I can't remember which one it was.

At first I thought it might be some piece from Runescape, Darkened Skye or Ultima IX, but I can't find it.

Now that's a puzzle!

I managed to recreate the tune as such in the software.
There were flutes in the original, especially in the final trill.
I also remember that the music was clumsily looped.

Please have a listen:

Perhaps someone can recall what game had a similar tune?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom