Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are we all numbers? DU finally went Khmer Rouge?

Random

Arcane
Patron
May 7th, 2013

Things just got a whole lot stranger. Based on my investigations, I have discovered that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Orders. Some moderators are 9th Order, others aren't. Number Five is of the 5th Order like many other plebians here, while the other main administrator is of the 1st Order like myself. Digits are self-explanatory, but they seem to have no discernible influence on the Order that a member belongs to. However, it is very clear that there are more quin and quad digit first orderers than the other digits, yet Number Five, one of the oldest of us, is not of a particularly high Order himself.

No hard evidence so far. The mystery prevails. Yet another night for the scum of this website to enjoy their fun. I'll follow the trail down the rabbit hole. I just don't know if I'll be able to climb back out.

crufty

Arcane
May 7th, 2013

Things just got a whole lot stranger. Based on my investigations, I have discovered that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Orders. The only thing that is consistent is that moderators are all of the 9th order. Number Five is of the 5th Order like many other plebians here, while the other main administrator is of the 1st Order like myself. Digits are self-explanatory, but they seem to have no discernible influence on the Order that a member belongs to. However, it is very clear that there are more quin and quad digit first orderers than the other digits, yet Number Five, one of the oldest of us, is not of a particularly high Order himself.

No hard evidence so far. The mystery prevails. Yet another night for the scum of this website to enjoy their fun. I'll follow the trail down the rabbit hole. I just don't know if I'll be able to climb back out.

orders 9 .. 2 are divisible by that number
order 1 is not prime, but not divisible from 9..2

Random

Arcane
Patron
orders 9 .. 2 are divisible by that number
order 1 is not prime, but not divisible from 9..2

May 7th, 2013

Additional entry. My lack of knowledge of mathematics has made me look like an idiot. May be an idiot after all. Must investigate further.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hummm, so the 7th order menbers are the village idiots... interesting.

Negative, simple one. I wouldn't expect a lowly 5th to understand the intricacies, so I will break it down to summary: The Holy 7th Order guides the hearts of The Codex down the path of enlightenment, shining light upon The Isometrics and revealing the Holy Power of the Turn-Based Heavens.

I know the 5th Order tolerates heathens in it's ranks what with the lack of any need for sophistication, but I had not known things had digressed so far. I see another Inquisition is in order.

December 6th, 1941

Things just got a whole lot stranger. Doctor said I should keep a log, that it'll help me concentrate, but I don't know. I feel as if I'm at two places at once. Still working on the Jap codes. Based on my investigations, I have discovered that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Orders. Some cyphers are 9th Order, others aren't. Number Five is of the 5th Order like many others I've seen here, while the other main cypher is of the 1st Order like what we use. Digits are self-explanatory, but they seem to have no discernible influence on the Order that a member belongs to. However, it is very clear that there are more quin and quad digit first orderers than the other digits, yet Number Five, one of the oldest, is not of a particularly high Order.

No hard evidence so far. The mystery prevails. I feel as if I'm almost at the cusp of cracking it. Oh well, got my new orders. Transferring to Pearl Harbor tomorrow, I'll finish it there.

~ Quinn

Temaperacl

Erudite
Hummm, so the 7th order menbers are the village idiots... interesting.

Negative, simple one. I wouldn't expect a lowly 5th to understand the intricacies, so I will break it down to summary: The Holy 7th Order guides the hearts of The Codex down the path of enlightenment, shining light upon The Isometrics and revealing the Holy Power of the Turn-Based Heavens.

I know the 5th Order tolerates heathens in it's ranks what with the lack of any need for sophistication, but I had not known things had digressed so far. I see another Inquisition is in order.
In other words, the 7th Order is a bunch of "abstract thinkers" who provide "guidance" from their lofty plateau from whence they grant the wisdom of right and wrong, providing it to those who need it and guiding those who stray by force if needed, and answering only to the higher powers from where the definition of right and wrong are first illuminated.

In modern terms, they are middle managers.

While we of the 5th Order are that small group who actually make all the stuff work.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The true path to wisdom lies in the teachings of the 3rd Order- the middle path.
All is good if you derive enjoyment in it. Cultivate good taste in yourself and the men around you. Call out the bad and praise the good, but do not judge a game by its genre or country of origin- only by its merits as a game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They exist... seek ye he who was once known by his mortal name, Elwro.

Of course now he has shed his name, as have we all... the future is bright.
Won't you come into the future, into the light? I sleep lightly and dream of the peace of the quiet days to come...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
We odd-numbered people have excellent taste.
Our number was given to us as part of 5's divine plan. It marks us as the chosen, destined to carry the cross and suffer your derision- because it is only through such adversity that we can cultivate the rich gardens of good taste and comprehensive CRPG knowledge that sets us apart from the casual even-numbered folk.

You dislike us- but you need us.

tiagocc0

Arcane
.w.e.a.r.e.a.l.l.w.h.i.t.e.n.o.i.s.e.a.g.h.o.s.t.o.f.a.d.a.r.k.p.a.s.t.a.s.h.a.d.o.w.o.f.a.d.e.a.d.m.a.n.t.h.e.e.n.d.i.s.n.e.a.r.y.e.t.t.h.e.f.u.t.u.r.e.n.e.v.e.r.e.n.d.s.n.e.v.e.r.c.e.a.s.e.s.n.e.v.e.r.s.t.o.p.s.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
We odd-numbered people have excellent taste.
Our number was given to us as part of 5's divine plan. It marks us as the chosen, destined to carry the cross and suffer your derision- because it is only through such adversity that we can cultivate the rich gardens of good taste and comprehensive CRPG knowledge that sets us apart from the casual even-numbered folk.

You dislike us- but you need us.
One day, the Second shall return, and he shall lead the Second Order to victory over the Odds, and the Even shall inherit all forums.

Ye shall know him as Calis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom