Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did my Skyrim topic get retardoed?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I brought up the topic on Paarthurnax yet it got retardoed. Really? Why?

DragoFireheart

Ed123 said:
Zed said:
This can be discussed in existing Skyrim threads.

In other words, The Codex is butthurt over their "tough-guy" reputation being sullied by multiple Skyrim threads.

So, some of the codex is seriously butthurt over Skyrim eh?

This site really is turning into shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
I dont know to what reputation of tough guys you are refering too, its a big pool of hypocrisy right now. I could swear at release over 50% people enjoyed the game, but it was forbidden to poll it.
New avernum version come out 5 comments or so no one gives a fuck about indie rpgs, skyrim comes out, megathreads incoming, new items fanfare and orchestra.
Then the tough guys will proudly say they diddnt enjoyed the slightest ,the 80 hours they spent on it, such hypocrisy...

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Mortmal said:
I dont know to what reputation of tough guys you are refering too, its a big pool of hypocrisy right now. I could swear at release over 50% people enjoyed the game, but it was forbidden to poll it.
New avernum version come out 5 comments or so no one gives a fuck about indie rpgs, skyrim comes out, megathreads incoming, new items fanfare and orchestra.
Then the tough guys will proudly say they diddnt enjoyed the slightest ,the 80 hours they spent on it, such hypocrisy...

You don't like being lied to baby

It's okay I'm here for you and I'll never lie to you shh shh shh

I will also come in your mouth but not in a hypocritical manner so it's coo

Cassidy

Arcane
OLOLOLOL EVEN SKYWAY PLAYED IT ON HIS XBOX360 LIEK A TR00 POPAMOLE QUISLIGN.

It seems I'm part of the few ones left who don't fall to the siren song of hype and didn't adapt their tastes to enjoy popamole shit instead switching to genres where there are still good games being released like strategy and flight simulators and also aren't consoletards pretending to be a hardcore PC gamers just for Kodex Kool Kredits. And once all genres run out dry, I'll switch hobbies for sure. But I'll never enjoy crap.

Coyote

Arcane
Desmodus Rotundus said:
You're not the only one, I just don't see the point in DISCUSSING.

Also, there's nothing new about a port of a rehash(avernum)

Shannow

Waster of Time
Mortmal said:
See Sceptic, all my crusading against the notion that the codex has some kind of hivemind that is even capable of "hypocrisy" doesn't go anywhere. Even after years on the codex and without being complete retards there are people who can't get the misconception out of their heads. :(

Wunderpurps

Educated
Shannow said:
Mortmal said:
See Sceptic, all my crusading against the notion that the codex has some kind of hivemind that is even capable of "hypocrisy" doesn't go anywhere. Even after years on the codex and without being complete retards there are people who can't get the misconception out of their heads. :(

There's the in crowd that all thinks about the same way as far as games go and that includes all the mods, then there's everyone else. Which is how every internet community shakes out after a while.

Which is fine but every time someone disagrees they say you are a liar and a troll, even though I have caught trash flat out lying himself. Now when you work hard to close threads just because the content disagrees with the politics of the hivemind then it may as well be TES forums.

I think anyone who wants to play a bethesda game is either a borderline simpleton or perhaps intelligent but an aspie who would also love banal boring shit like dwarf fortress or minecraft. But just because someone likes it doesn't mean they are a troll, and if more people like it than not it's hardly surprising since the whole idea of appealing to the common denominator is to get more people to buy their stuff.

I have 400+ posts but only started maybe three topics and all of them got retardoed except a question about overheating. It was probably stupid shit but just because some stupid asshole decides he doesn't like you you shouldn't get all your threads retardoed, especially not when some of the mods and heaviest posters through out some of the dumbest shit imaginable every two minutes and no one says boo.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If I had the motivation I could probably find maybe half a dozen or more posters who shit on Skyrim pre-release who realized they liked it when it was out. #1 on the list: DraQ.

Mortmal

Arcane
Wunderpurps said:
I think anyone who wants to play a bethesda game is either a borderline simpleton or perhaps intelligent but an aspie who would also love banal boring shit like dwarf fortress or minecraft. But just because someone likes it doesn't mean they are a troll, and if more people like it than not it's hardly surprising since the whole idea of appealing to the common denominator is to get more people to buy their stuff.

Do you enjoy gaming ? you sounds like a christian integrist preaching against games really. Banal shit boring like dwarf fortress and minecraft ? A statment like this remove all your credibility as poster, ill take a bucket of that banl boring shit any day . Especially dwarf fortress, if you go past the ascii its a truly impressive game with unique gameplay.
Seriously wich games do you enjoy ?Not roguelikes obviously, not rpgs more than likely.
I may as well ask skyway, he nevers answers to that either.

Again the weekend of skyrim release i watched the codex group time spent, it was overr 35 hours in average that on the very weekend after release, so many hours in a row its insane even for me. but now its a mediocre game, banal shit boring , and you are not allowed to discuss it unless you bash it,see racofer new poll.
Without the polish honor squad witcher 2 would suffer the same treatment without any doubt. No risk he moves the witcher threads , he will end up raped and throat sliced in the gutter if he do that.
No its not mediocre when its truly mediocre like arcania you dont discuss it that much.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
GRPGD-whatever is Zed's domain. He rules with a soft tongue and an iron fist. I stay out of it.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Mortmal said:
Do you enjoy gaming ? you sounds like a christian integrist preaching against games really. Banal shit boring like dwarf fortress and minecraft ? A statment like this remove all your credibility as poster, ill take a bucket of that banl boring shit any day . Especially dwarf fortress, if you go past the ascii its a truly impressive game with unique gameplay.
Seriously wich games do you enjoy ?Not roguelikes obviously, not rpgs more than likely.
I may as well ask skyway, he nevers answers to that either.
I spent all day playing SMAC after picking it up on GOG. Hadn't played in years due to losing disks and last time I tried to install it I had trouble rounding up the patches. I love games, if they aren't shit aimed at preteens or aspies, and they have more to them than just watching a movie. I used to hardly find a bad game, now they are all pretty awful, juvenile in presentation and banal shit boring in gameplay. More like shitty movies for retarded kids than games, and I include the beloved deus ex in that category.

You see, though, tastes are highly personal. I am tempted to say people who want to play DF or Minecraft are just fucking retarded, same with roguelikes, but I am smart enough to recognize while I couldn't bear to play a barbie RPG or anything with cartoony graphics unless it's an adventure game like Monkey Island series that doesn't mean some teenage girls or hipster douchebags with ipads wouldn't love it.

Mortmal said:
Again the weekend of skyrim release i watched the codex group time spent, it was overr 35 hours in average that on the very weekend after release, so many hours in a row its insane even for me. but now its a mediocre game, banal shit boring , and you are not allowed to discuss it unless you bash it,see racofer new poll.
Without the polish honor squad witcher 2 would suffer the same treatment without any doubt. No risk he moves the witcher threads , he will end up raped and throat sliced in the gutter if he do that.
No its not mediocre when its truly mediocre like arcania you dont discuss it that much.

Do you have some point here? The point I had is that it's crazy to assume people are just trolling about their game preferences. If one guy starts 100 topics, ban the shitwad, don't even bother with retardo.

OTOH if the biggest topic of discussion is skyrim from many sources, so be it. That's what people seem to be interested in, and really there's nothing else out recently to give a shit about and all the old school devs are making flash and cell phone games. Don't lock it down just because you are worried you will lose your Kodex Kool Kreds. I didn't think anyone really thought like that but the actions of the mods say otherwise.

racofer

Thread Incliner
DarkUnderlord said:
GRPGD-whatever is Zed's domain. He rules with a soft tongue and an iron fist. I stay out of it.

FRPOD38.gif

made

Arcane
Mortmal said:
Without the polish honor squad witcher 2 would suffer the same treatment without any doubt. No risk he moves the witcher threads
Sure he did. But most Polacks had the decency to post their opinions in the 2 or 3 megathreads instead of spamming the forum with countless WOT I THINK threads and polls.

made

Arcane
As far as I can see those are mostly news items. Can't blame Polacks for those. ;) I personally made an effort to keep all pre-release info bits in one designated thread so it didn't clutter up grpgd. For the greater good.

DragoFireheart

DarkUnderlord said:

So what you are saying is that you are no better than the Bethesda forum mods/admin?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The topic didn't warrant its own thread considering the amount of existing Skyrim threads (on page 1) that the question could be asked/discussed in.

1003342578-00.jpg

DragoFireheart

Zed said:
The topic didn't warrant its own thread considering the amount of existing Skyrim threads (on page 1) that the question could be asked/discussed in.

1003342578-00.jpg

I didn't realize the GRPG discussion was being flooded by Skyrim topics. If that's your reason though than fair enough and I can respect you wanting to have the GRPG section house-cleaned to your standards. I won't make a new Skyrim topic until the others have been pushed off the first page. Is that acceptable?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Cassidy, I am not sure you post pertains to the main concern of this thread.

How does people having bad taste in videogames warrant shutting down a discussion on it?

If moderation was about being an internet taste czar, then it would be a slippery slope. The moderators would start shutting down even Half Life and Blood threads, just because one or two of them think all shooters are bad. :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
DragoFireheart said:
Is that acceptable?
Sure, GRPGD isn't moving too fast anyway. You could also just bump a thread unless you really have to create a new one for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom