Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do these prominent Obsidian devs love Bethesda's garbage?

So why do they love Bethesda's trash?

• Total voters

GrapeJam

Novice
Well, to be fair, from an RPG perspective Fallout 4 is complete shit, from a "game package" perspective Fallout 4 is pretty decent. And Fallout 4 engine's a big leap forward from earlier Bethesda engine in term of animation.

GrapeJam

Novice
Yeah Fallout 3's complete shit all round, but we're talking about Fallout 4 aren't we?

GrapeJam

Novice
Well, it's like your opinion man. I found Fallout 4 enjoyable as an open world shooter/Stalker-ish game(minus the horror aspects).

I guess the fact that I pirated Fallout 4 instead of actually buying it also helped.....:smug:

Tigranes

Arcane
I will gladly whore out my arse to hire if it means my brain doesn't suddenly think Fallout 4 is worth playing

LizardWizard

Cipher
Well, to be fair, from an RPG perspective Fallout 4 is complete shit, from a "game package" perspective Fallout 4 is pretty decent. And Fallout 4 engine's a big leap forward from earlier Bethesda engine in term of animation.

GAF poster detected

Sannom

Augur
Well, it's like your opinion man. I found Fallout 4 enjoyable as an open world shooter/Stalker-ish game(minus the horror aspects).
Don't say that to Stalker fans. They will probably tear your throat out and then piss on your corpse before setting it on fire.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Codexers buying Bethesda shit is similar to the west donating money to ISIS.

Business as usual then, considering the ((west)) funded ISIS from the start. I like that in this analogy Obsidian is Based Assad.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_mtla1uz8nS1s8ahpmo1_1280.jpg

1406784932525.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
When did I say they stop working? I said about another dev working in a series you love and it turns out to be a shit game. Mostly because they try to imitate crpgs that are selling well(like Skyrim/FO4) because "hey, people are buying that game, let's do something like that since people enjoys it".

You boycotting them doesn't mean they suddenly fall out of favor with 20 million consumers. Them not being as good as Fallout 2 or Morrowind doesn't mean they are all 1 out of 10 travesties of nature not worth touching with a plague-riddled leprosy hand. They are what they are, explorefag action games, and tons of people get something out of that. They're not going away.

I find it especially dramatic to speak of boycotts in a time where digital distribution and crowd-funding have opened the door to a classic RPG resurgence. We can have our prime rib and our hamburger all at once.

Viata

Arcane
Does not buying something I don't want from someone I never bought a thing means I'm boycotting them? I'm just talking about how buying shit crpg is helping more shit crpg being made.
My point is not even about this, is how a person can't just post here how Underrail was shit as fuck while he's buying and playing Bethesda/Bioware's new crpg.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm just talking about how buying shit crpg is helping more shit crpg being made.
That's like saying your vote makes a difference!!! P. imbecile mindset.

My point is not even about this, is how a person can't just post here how Underrail was shit as fuck while he's buying and playing Bethesda/Bioware's new crpg.
I'm p. sure they can.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Those 15,000 accounts on the Codex truly make a difference.

That's not even enough for a non-garage dev to break even.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Does not buying something I don't want from someone I never bought a thing means I'm boycotting them? I'm just talking about how buying shit crpg is helping more shit crpg being made.

Well to keep my analogy going, sometimes you want prime rib and sometimes you want hamburger. You can have an amazing hamburger and a crappy prime rib. They're completely different things, really. Fallout New Vegas (and Witcher 3 I hear) can be great hamburgers without implying I have lost my taste for prime rib.

Hugh Vagoth

Educated
Because in the games industry you have to commit to sucking each others dick and bending over at every opportunity unless you want publishers to stop talking to you.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty much this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_and_development
You have to be aware of the state of the art if you want to make a product with commercial aspirations. When devs say they like stuff like Skyrim or Borderlands, hey aren't really saying they like that game in particular (even if they do as players), they are partly seeing the potential for more complex products. Kind of what happened with FO3 and New Vegas.

This makes sense, but still I can't figure out what spawned all those poor design choices in PoE...

racofer

Thread Incliner
Because in the games industry you have to commit to sucking each others dick and bending over at every opportunity unless you want publishers to stop talking to you.
Sounds just like academia and the politics sphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom