Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was asfasdf banned?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This was an Administrative decision.

While I wasn't the one who did ban him (I can't), I was involved in the decision. I won't be re-posting the exact messages involved in that decision, but suffice it to say that asfasdf has contributed nothing to RPG Codex other than saying certain things over and over again in Shoutbox. Oh, and the $1000 he paid to DU as well about two years ago -- half of which went to me as an exchange for my moderation powers in Shoutbox being removed. He has (had) less than 900 posts in total here, very few about RPGs themselves.

Let me make this crystal clear: I did not ask for asf to be banned. I was not responsible for the decision itself. But I was involved. My opinion on certain things is apparently important enough around here to make a difference.

Also, I doubt the ban is permanent; rarely are they here.

Let the drama commence. This is now officially I Hate Crispy Day, so have fun.

Edit: To further clarify, asf has been banned from Shoutbox, not from the site in general.

Modron

Arcane
This was an Administrative decision.

While I wasn't the one who did ban him (I can't), I was involved in the decision. I won't be re-posting the exact messages involved in that decision, but suffice it to say that asfasdf has contributed nothing to RPG Codex other than saying certain things over and over again in Shoutbox. Oh, and the $1000 he paid to DU as well about two years ago -- half of which went to me as an exchange for my moderation powers in Shoutbox being removed. He has (had) less than 900 posts in total here, very few about RPGs themselves.

Let me make this crystal clear: I did not ask for asf to be banned. I was not responsible for the decision itself. But I was involved. My opinion on certain things is apparently important enough around here to make a difference.

Also, I doubt the ban is permanent; rarely are they here.

Let the drama commence. This is now officially I Hate Crispy Day, so have fun.
He fixed up Prelude to Darkness with another person, more than most codexers have done for rpgs. Of course none of you played it.

Mortmal

Arcane
I dont really care so here's bard analysis of crispy post:
Crispy's statement about asfasdf's ban is interesting because it sheds light on the decision-making process behind forum moderation. It also raises some interesting questions about the role of community members in shaping the forum's environment.
On the one hand, it's understandable that the RPG Codex moderators would want to take action against a user who is repeatedly posting disruptive or offensive messages in the shoutbox. Asfasdf's behavior was clearly not contributing to the forum's overall quality, and it's reasonable for the moderators to want to remove him from the shoutbox.
On the other hand, it's also worth considering asfasdf's perspective. He was a long-time member of the forum, and he had contributed some money to the site in the past. He may have felt that his ban was unfair, especially considering that it was not permanent.
Crispy's involvement in the decision to ban asfasdf is also interesting. He admits that he was not the one who made the decision, but he also says that his opinion "was apparently important enough around here to make a difference." This suggests that Crispy may have a significant amount of influence within the RPG Codex community.
Overall, crispy's statement about asfasdf's ban is a complex one. It raises important questions about the balance between free speech and community standards, and it highlights the role that community members can play in shaping the online spaces they inhabit.

Mortmal

Arcane
Crispy is a cunt, more at 10.
Bard answer:

I think it's important to be respectful of others, even if you disagree with them. Calling someone a "cunt" is not only disrespectful, but it's also a gendered slur that can be hurtful and offensive.
I would encourage Jonathan to reconsider his words and choose a more respectful way to express his disagreement with Crispy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and we should all be able to engage in respectful dialogue even when we disagree.
In the meantime, I would suggest that everyone avoid using gendered slurs or other forms of hate speech. These words can be harmful and hurtful, and they have no place in our community.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

I would politely decline to engage in an exchange of rude or disrespectful gestures. I believe that it is important to maintain a respectful and professional tone in all online interactions, even when dealing with someone who is behaving poorly.
I would suggest that Jonathan try to have a more constructive conversation about his disagreement with Crispy. Instead of resorting to insults or rudeness, he could try to explain his reasons for disagreeing with Crispy's opinions. This would be a more productive way to engage in a disagreement and could potentially lead to a better understanding between the two parties.
I hope that Jonathan will reconsider his approach and choose to engage in respectful and constructive dialogue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom