Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was The Wall temp-banned?

agris

Arcane
Patron
What’s wrong Roguey , tired of engaging on the merits? As the post you quoted says: “ask anyone…”.

There’s a lot of anyone here, we don’t agree.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Roguey so you have no merits to discuss? Why do you even post if not to contribute to the discussion? It wouldn’t be to distract and misdirect would it?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey so you have no merits to discuss? Why do you even post if not to contribute to the discussion? It wouldn’t be to distract and misdirect would it?
I'm posting to post. He was put in a time-out for being obnoxious, no more discussion is necessary.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm posting to post. He was put in a time-out for being obnoxious, no more discussion is necessary.

No, the person who did it definitely needs to discuss it more. He needs to justify it and be willing to defend it in debate.

Gregz

Arcane

No, the person who did it definitely needs to discuss it more. He needs to justify it and be willing to defend it in debate.

He really doesn't though. Every Roguey post further dilutes this discussion, and deflects from the issue. He's the Codex Jen Psaki.

At this point Infinitron can act with near absolute impunity, and he knows it. The "we can ban whomever we like because reasons" thing applauded by Crispy and Roguey is the last gasp of free speech on the Codex. From here on out, if your post is off-message, you will be progressively: discouraged, silenced, and disappeared from the site. This is the exact same thing that happened to Reddit.

It's not too late for DU to put a stop to this, but I think he is past caring.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You don't understand, the Codex is like a PUB right? Or whatever that faggy analogy was.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

Actually, that's false. If you come to my house and shit on the carpet I don't need to debate with anyone why I kicked you out.

Oh, do not get me wrong: moderators are fags but as soon as a place has an owner (such as DU/Taluntaint) they can exercise power at random. That's one of the main reasons to be an owner.

Anyway, I think you need to give up on this "appear respectable to developers" nonsense if at all that's part of your credo. That ship sailed 15 years ago.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
At this point Infinitron can act with near absolute impunity, and he knows it. The "we can ban whomever we like because reasons" thing applauded by Crispy and Roguey is the last gasp of free speech on the Codex. From here on out, if your post is off-message, you will be progressively: discouraged, silenced, and disappeared from the site. This is the exact same thing that happened to Reddit.

It's not too late for DU to put a stop to this, but I think he is past caring.
A post from literally 10 years ago:
We regularly get retards joining. And we regularly give them the same treatment. This one just lasted longer before we tired of him. The only difference now is we get the "Awww, you banned someone" brigade who seem to think that this is some kind of new phenomenon (Gosh, back when I was a kid, the Codex never banned anyone!) and are upset that someone's feelings might've been hurt because we got tired of their trolling.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Gregz said:
At this point Infinitron can act with near absolute impunity, and he knows it. The "we can ban whomever we like because reasons" thing applauded by Crispy and Roguey is the last gasp of free speech on the Codex

This is hilarious because you yourself are known to have been given stealth Shoutbox moderator powers, and you used them completely in secret to ban certain users from it.

Gregz, you're a hypocrite, you always have been, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sit down and shut up.

Gregz

Arcane
Gregz said:
At this point Infinitron can act with near absolute impunity, and he knows it. The "we can ban whomever we like because reasons" thing applauded by Crispy and Roguey is the last gasp of free speech on the Codex

This is hilarious because you yourself are known to have been given stealth Shoutbox moderator powers, and you used them completely in secret to ban certain users from it.

Gregz, you're a hypocrite, you always have been, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sit down and shut up.

I never said that moderation doesn't have an important place in a forum.

The best moderation (which circumstances don't usually permit) is no moderation, the second best moderation is almost no moderation. The worst kind of moderation is Crispy moderation...characterized by heavy-handed power politics, verbal abuse, spite, and petty tyranny.

Nothing in your post has anything to do with the issue at hand -> Banning users for political wrongthink degrades the Codex to such a degree that it stops being the Codex altogether. You appear to be OK with that, I'm hoping that the administration isn't.

Harthwain

Magister
this entire 8 page thread exists because no one agrees with that
I do agree with it, and I'm guessing many others do too but they just don't bother to comment. It's the typical case of a very loud minority, e.g. 1% of all people making 99% of the noise.
I wouldn't notice TheWallGate as I frequent RPG Discussion and Gaming Discussion almost exclusively and gave up on reading his posts after one of his - apparently many - raging meltdowns. I did notice it only because some forum members mentioned it in one of the RPG Discussion threads. Frankly, I am not too surprised he was given a chill pill. I mean, it's not ever a real ban - it's a "temp-ban".

Making it sound like Infintron (or anyone else) suddenly got the power to kill off half of the population of the Codex with the flick of his fingers is a bit exaggerated. This power was already there in the first place. While Codex is/was very liberal in terms of freedom of expression, the technical ability to swat anyone for crossing some lines was always there, because it's the privilege of whoever owns and administrates the place. I am sure most people protesting this ban are just as safe from being banned now as they were before.

Meaning: there is no immunity, only a very large leeway.

hqdefault.jpg

Blutwurstritter

Learned
this entire 8 page thread exists because no one agrees with that
I do agree with it, and I'm guessing many others do too but they just don't bother to comment. It's the typical case of a very loud minority, e.g. 1% of all people making 99% of the noise.
Yeah you guys agreeing with it should really quiet down.
Getting loud first? That's too much of a hassle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom