Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will Capcom remake Resident Evil 5?

Arbiter

Scholar
What else do they have left to remake?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
What else do they have left to remake?
Code Veronica, Original is now "outdated" despite having the best remake, Zero, Gun survivor 1 and 2, Outbreak, Gaiden, any of the shitty western made spin offs trying to turn the series into an action game.

There is a lot of RE still to go around.

Zlaja

Arcane
I wish Capcom would make a new action horror, or even better, a survival horror IP.

Sure, you can argue that they kinda did with RE7, but I wish for something completely new and devoid of any Umbrella whatever schemes.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
They should remake it but change a lot of elements to make it more like the RE4 remake, e.g. absolutely no mandatory companion following you around everywhere. This is the case where a faithful remake is a bad decision, because the original isn't that good to begin with.

I'd also say Code Veronica, but iirc you play as a womynz for most of that game, so hopefully they won't touch it. Dreamcast exclusives are typically left forgotten for whatever reason, so fat chance.

If they do a RE5 remake and if it's actually good, they should skip RE6 altogether because that game is unsalvageable (or make a brand-new RE6 that's unrelated to the original).

Develop an RE9 and come up with some original ideas for once. Something better than a fungal hivemind with not-witches, not-vampires and not-werewolves.

And don't you dare make Ethan's stupid dismembered baby Rosemary Sue the new protagonist.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't know how people don't have Resident Evil fatigue, and I skipped RE7 and 8. (Still haven't played RE4 remake.) The Jurassic World series was enormously successful, but still these assholes don't do anything with their other survival horror series. I know Dino Crisis didn't sell as well. The sales mean shit. That first game didn't come close to realizing the potential of a third-person dinosaur exploration-survival-action game. I have not played the sequels. Hoping for a good patch job of Dino Crisis 2 like what the fans did with the original.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
And don't you dare make Ethan's stupid dismembered baby Rosemary Sue the new protagonist.
DLC already set that up and did it. It's not unplayable but it's kind of generic RE4. I'd rather not see any more remakes after 4. I didn't enjoy the remake at all. It felt soulless and tedious the same way 3 did. RE2 held up because of Mr X forcing you to move and not giving you time to see the flaws in the remake. While RE3 and 4 lack that and there's nothing filling that gap. They've fallen behind the curve of 3rd person action adventure and horror games so there's no longer a reason for them to exist.
I don't know how people don't have Resident Evil fatigue, and I skipped RE7 and 8. (Still haven't played RE4 remake.) The Jurassic World series was enormously successful, but still these assholes don't do anything with their other survival horror series. I know Dino Crisis didn't sell as well. The sales mean shit. That first game didn't come close to realizing the potential of a third-person dinosaur exploration-survival-action game. I have not played the sequels. Hoping for a good patch job of Dino Crisis 2 like what the fans did with the original.
You skipped the best (recent) one and complain about fatigue? RE7 is nothing like the other REs and except for a cameo it has no connection to anything else RE. It's a stand alone game if you don't care to read the walls of text shitting up modern games.

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
I'm hoping for Dino Crisis 1, rather than Code Veronica.

ImADfBy.png

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I'd rather not see any more remakes after 4. I didn't enjoy the remake at all. It felt soulless and tedious the same way 3 did. RE2 held up because of Mr X forcing you to move and not giving you time to see the flaws in the remake. While RE3 and 4 lack that and there's nothing filling that gap. They've fallen behind the curve of 3rd person action adventure and horror games so there's no longer a reason for them to exist.
If you don't like it then don't play it!!!!!

P. S. RE4 remake is one of the best remakes in video game history.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
P. S. RE4 remake is one of the best remakes in video game history.
I could not disagree more. I've finished every modern RE except 4 remake. I got as far as Leon meeting the big guy in the house and decided it just wasn't fun. They didn't adapt the game to the new controls and left a lot of the humour on the cutting room floor. RE3 was bad but the Carlos segments were okay and the level design generally felt like it had a purpose. RE4 remake spams enemies at you in large open areas and then gives you a corridors to run down between arenas. It doesn't feel like an adventure, it feels like Nu Doom does where you move between arenas. Hell it's game play seems like The Evil Within but way less interesting.

I even tried restarting it on a lower difficulty (I was playing on hard originally) to see if it was any better and I didn't even get to the factory area. Could you explain why you think it's such a good remake? I know a lot of people liked it but this is the 3rd game in this style and it's removed a lot of what I liked about RE4 original. I would consider RE2 to be a vastly superior remake because it takes the original game's concepts and uses modern hardware to push them to 11. Mr X being in the first scenario and a constant threat really spices the game up.

Ezekiel

Arcane
You skipped the best (recent) one and complain about fatigue? RE7 is nothing like the other REs and except for a cameo it has no connection to anything else RE. It's a stand alone game if you don't care to read the walls of text shitting up modern games.

Actually, I remember now that I did play RE7 in 2017, not just the demo, pirated it, dropped it after only a few hours and rated it 1/5. Wrong perspective, felt more like one of the many first-person stealth horror games of the time (but still scripted), embarrassing take on the south, bad imitation of the dining scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I even tried restarting it on a lower difficulty (I was playing on hard originally) to see if it was any better and I didn't even get to the factory area. Could you explain why you think it's such a good remake?
Because I've already played it three times from beginning to end, on normal, hard and professional, and it was super fun every time. And I almost never replay games that many times.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I'm hoping for Dino Crisis 1, rather than Code Veronica.

ImADfBy.png
If we ever get another Dino Crisis, expect Regina to wear jeans and a tank top, like Claire and Jill in the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes. It's the most common outfit for women in games now because the jeans are slim without being too classically feminine and the tank top reveals the shoulders and cleavage without being objectionable by feminists.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/female-characters-have-to-wear-jeans-and-tank-tops-now.136385/

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I even tried restarting it on a lower difficulty (I was playing on hard originally) to see if it was any better and I didn't even get to the factory area. Could you explain why you think it's such a good remake?
Because I've already played it three times from beginning to end, on normal, hard and professional, and it was super fun every time. And I almost never replay games that many times.
Doesn't explain why you think it's the best remake ever. Enjoying a game doesn't make it good or the best. What does RE4 remake do to make it better than the original or any other remake? I can say REmake defines a genre, still looks good today and plays the best of any tank controls game to say it's the best remake ever. RE4 seems like a map pack to RE2 remake and has none of it's stronger elements returning.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I could have sworn I saw something that said that Capcom was currently in the process of remaking multiple Resident Evil titles. It seems inevitable that they'll remake 5 even if that seems like a questionable choice to many of us. It was the best selling game in the series IIRC. Assuming they go for one of the original concepts where you have to avoid the light it could be interesting. So much of the concepts for 5 were cool and none of them made it into the finished product.
They should do Code Veronica, since it's the most important part of the series plot outside of the original game. I can't imagine that game making it to today without ruining the good parts, though it would also make Steve less of a bitch, or so one hopes. What they should really do is Outbreak, everybody who has played that game has said it needed to be made with modern online play as opposed to the janky stuff they had in the PS2-era. Multiple ordinary people surviving a zombie apocalypse like that was neat, compared to the elites that you usually play as in RE.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I could have sworn I saw something that said that Capcom was currently in the process of remaking multiple Resident Evil titles. It seems inevitable that they'll remake 5 even if that seems like a questionable choice to many of us. It was the best selling game in the series IIRC. Assuming they go for one of the original concepts where you have to avoid the light it could be interesting. So much of the concepts for 5 were cool and none of them made it into the finished product.
They should do Code Veronica, since it's the most important part of the series plot outside of the original game. I can't imagine that game making it to today without ruining the good parts, though it would also make Steve less of a bitch, or so one hopes. What they should really do is Outbreak, everybody who has played that game has said it needed to be made with modern online play as opposed to the janky stuff they had in the PS2-era. Multiple ordinary people surviving a zombie apocalypse like that was neat, compared to the elites that you usually play as in RE.
Depending on how you view the figures it's 5 or 6. 5 got multiple re-releases and 6 didn't. 5 would be easy to adapt by adding more white zombies to the game. Set it in south africa so it's multiracial and drop the tribal shit. Would be as soulless as every other remake they've done since 2.

They keep trying multiplayer RE and it fails. I don't think they want to risk doing Outbreak again when the last 2 multiplayer games were panned hard.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Why don't they "re-imagine" Code Veronica instead?
Of the classic games, it's arguably of the ones that aged worst and also the one that would benefit most from a rewrite (seeing as how important it is to the series canon, despite being perhaps the most stupid and convoluted RE plot - which is saying something)

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
parasite eve

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom