Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will Skyrim be moddable? Place your bets

Will Skyrim be moddable and to what degree?

• Yes: better than Oblivian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: same as sweet, sweet Oblivian

• Yes: weaker than Oblivian

• No: Not officially, anyway :smug:

• No: Not at all

• Total voters

baronjohn

Cipher
Bethesda hasn't mentioned anything about mods. Does the new engine spell doom for lizard dicks and anime babes with modern tacticool weapons in the fantasy setting? Vote now!

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Half-assed set of limited modding tools will be churned out a few months after release. Modding community will not pick up, and any content mods will be quickly rendered obsolete by DLCs taking up the few empty spaces of the small gameworld that mods would use. Bethesda will release a press statement explaining that, while they appreciate the efforts and dedication of their long-standing modding fanbase, they believe that they can better provide for the majority of their fans by choosing to focus their support on Official DLC for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

I'll download myself the best nude mods out there and hentai futa girls mods, lock myself up in a room and fap furously until i've reached a new layer of heavan. Already got the vaseline and Skyrim Collector's Edition preoredered.

I'm betting there's no new engine, but same GayBryo with more sfx piled on to clusterfuck the shit out of that CTDing abortion.
I'm betting it'll be more easily moddable than the previous Oblivions, because being able to mod in dickgirls and lizard nipples has been Beth's games' strongest suit in attracting the money of retarded kids' parents since Oblivion III.

Also, you're not 10331. Inanity quotient of this poll is underwhelming.

Jim Cojones said:
Turisas said:
baronjohn said:
Bethesda hasn't mentioned anything about mods.
Not that they did for Oblivion or FO3, either.
They said SDK would be available for them. So far we haven't heard that about Skyrim.

They certainly took their time before announcing SDK for F3. The question was answered only some time after releasing the game. Skyrim isn't even that close to release yet.

Eyeball

Arcane
Of course it will be moddable. Everyone will want to put Cloud Strife in their game and walk around a land populated by naked elves with huge knockers. Mods alone will double Skyrim sales!

tennishero

Novice
mods fixed morrowinds vending machine NPCs
made the game beautiful even 8 years after release
the companions in morrowind were superior to oblivion- in part due to the morrowind modding scene being better and in part due to the bethesda giving better tools to mod with

modded morrowind is the best rpg ever made

mods fixed oblivion combat - deadly reflex is amazing
fixed the stupid - bandits have glass armour- bullshit level scaling
gave a shit load of awesome player made quests
companions- ruin tale was freakin unbelieveable
and having viconia in oblivion always is awesome
and of course JRPG goodness- ff7 was represented big time

without mods the TES games feel shit imo

with mods they are equal to civ4 and total war series as being games you start and night and dont stop playing untill the sun comes up

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Multidirectional said:
They certainly took their time before announcing SDK for F3. The question was answered only some time after releasing the game. Skyrim isn't even that close to release yet.
It was released after the game but it was promised earlier.

Old FAQ on The Vault
At this time Bethesda has not confirmed whether an editor will be available for the PC version. Although in one of his interviews, Todd states he would like to release an editor.

The new "engine" is at most an upgrade to the renderer, similar tools used to make the game, similar construction set released eventually.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Being Bethesdurrrr they will simply slap a few post rendering filters and call it new, while performing much worse and crashing much more often.

But that's understandable because a game of such magnitude is impossible to fully playtest.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Jim Cojones said:
It was released after the game but it was promised earlier.

Old FAQ on The Vault
At this time Bethesda has not confirmed whether an editor will be available for the PC version. Although in one of his interviews, Todd states he would like to release an editor.

That's not a promise no matter how you look at it, it's just Toad appeasing the fans.

While I am expecting they'll release the mod tools again, I also expect they'll do the same thing again prior to the game release - not confirming mod availability one way or the other.

Luzur

Good Sir
well they kinda must include it now , otherwise their offices will prob burn within days of release.

amaya

Novice
Is this a serious poll? Bethesda is know for having the support of a strong modding community. If they burn that bridge, they're fucked.

amaya

Novice
Jaesun said:
WHo fucking cares. Shitty game is shitty, and no amount of mods can ever make it better.

:salute:

Even with all the mods, Oblivion is still a mediocre game. Same story with Skyrim since Bethesda has opped to go with mainstream fantasy crap. Hey guys, let's add Dragons, people like Dragons!

amaya

Novice
/shrug I like sniping. Mod the game to up marksman zoom, lower gravity on arrows, up arrow speed and max range, and go to town shooting people half a mile away from you.

They wouldn't say definitively either way before Oblivion's release and the masses at TES were going ape-shit. Bethesda would have to completely lose their minds to decide not to release modding tools.

Not that they won't wait till the day before release to finally confirm. They love that shit.

hakuroshi

Augur
Doubt it. If they actually build it on new engine my bets is no official mod support. Also not to confuse console folks, as I suspect it will be console oriented game.
If they new engine is modernised Gamebryo though, there will be modding support. As shitty as Oblivion or F3.

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
The new "engine" is at most an upgrade to the renderer, similar tools used to make the game, similar construction set released eventually.

I'm thinking the same, they have absolutely no incentive to take the time to rewrite all the code. Any way the important thing considering how modifiable it is likely to be is the system and game play mechanics not the content for it can be edited to something better (though arguably it is not the same game anymore once bethesdas shitty content has all been replaced). The combat and such mechanics on the other hand is most likely a piece of shit, and is likely to remain a piece of shit no matter what any one does to it.

Black

Arcane
I hope not, it'd lead to a better shitstorm and one less excuse for it being shit :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom