Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Will the Elder Scrolls 6 have more depth than Morrowind

Can it get worse

• No

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 199 79.9%
  • No but it wont get much better

Votes: 17 6.8%

• Total voters
It can always be worse, Bethesda knows their games are shit and that the only saving grace has been the modding community. It's why they're so desperate to keep that hideous Frankenstein of an engine, so they don't alienate modders who are accustomed to it.

If they lose the modders they'll lose everything.

I don't think they actually know their games are shit. I'm pretty sure they completely bought into the unwarranted hype that was heaped onto them for year by reviewers. And that they're totally unaware of the quality of their games.

If they thought the modding community was their game's only saving grace they wouldn't have done Creation Club and Fallout 76...or at least they would have done those things differently than they did.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I just read the thread title and kinda had to do a little chuckle and shake my head in disbelief.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It will be about as "good" as FO4 but with monetization out the ass from the start. They've been trying to force paid mods and by Todd they'll squeeze money from it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are you even still reading this?

Because it’s a great plan. Flesh it out a little more, find yourself a Don Draper to sell it to the suits, and we’ll buy it and talk it up.

Bethesda’s got to get tired of sucking sooner or later.

Duralux for Durabux

Here is the design philosophy at Bethesda:

With that in mind don't expect a good game from them

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't exactly be all that surprised if Elder Scrolls 6 is at least somewhat comparable to Morrowind just because of other games. There's a few things that are just too big for them to ignore. The biggest of those is Red Dead Redemption 2, which has a weather system where you have to dress depending on how hot or cold it is. Likewise Breath of the Wild has this too, so weather actually having an effect on you seems like it'd be a pretty sure thing...especially since both of those games would've come out before development on ES6 started.

I'd assume Dark Souls is going to have some effect on this. It's one of those no brainer kind of things where it's like: Oh, you could just left this wholesale and drop it in and Elder Scrolls combat would be improved. It's kind of like when BioShock came out and the Plasmids seemed ripe for Bethesda to pull from for whatever their next Elder Scrolls would be...which they did in Skyrim. It wouldn't even be a major change to their combat system either, at the least it'd just be you now use stamina for all attacks instead of just the power attacks. If they do that, and I'd be surprised if they didn't, I'd guess some weapons that haven't been seen since Morrowind and Daggerfall come back too. Although unless they get someone that actually knows what they're doing when it comes to combat design it won't amount to any kind of major improvement, but it'd still be better than the total mess that was Skyrim combat.

Because of what other high profile games have been doing the past half decade now I'm thinking Elder Scrolls 6 will have options that haven't been seen in a Elder Scrolls game since Daggerfall. Climbing is surely coming back. Wouldn't be surprised if Carts come back. Maybe ships are actually functional because of Assassin's Creed if their shitty engine can handle that. If they're still want to keep things simple, but not as simple as nothing at all I can see something like Daggerfall's Special Advantages and Disadvantages return as a character creation perk system. In general I can see a lot of stuff happening with it for no other reason than a handful of other high profile games from the last few years that are now in their wheelhouse and do what Bethesda does far better, and that stuff being more in line with their pre-Oblivion games. I don't know, maybe they'll spin it as some kind of return to form.

There was also some location I've seen in Fallout 76 stuff that looks like, after all these years, Bethesda is finally ready to do weird Morrowind kind of location instead of the most generic of locations they've been doing since Morrowind. So maybe that carries over into ES6 too.

I don't think they actually know their games are shit.

When you sell 20 million copies, would you even care?

Well I'm sure that plays into it. Why fix what's broken when it does so well, and so many people (and reviewers) tell you you're great? But if it's shit you also don't really know when everything will turn around on you. If it was just a fluke. And given the sales of Fallout 4 and 76 they should really fucking care about how shit their games are. But like I said before, I don't think they're actually aware of how bad their games are. That's been the general impression I've gotten from Bethesda for years, and that NoClip look into Bethesda painted a picture of complete unawareness.

Yosharian

Arcane
I love how you guys are even assuming this game is ever going to come out

The next big pandemic is going to kill 95% of the population of the earth and knock us back into the stone age, and it'll happen way before Elder Scrolls 6 has a chance to get finished

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why are you even still reading this?

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Whatever this game would be, you guys will buy it anyway. You will play it and go here to complain how shit it is. And some guys will defend it, because "it's not as bad as you histrionic nerds make it out to be". I, though, will refrain from this glorious activity. Jerking off seems to be a much better alternative

Dramart

Learned
It will be hard to make something better than Sktyrim, It can be a better game with good combat mechanics, like Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls. But I don't know, Skyrim has its own identity too, and it's a work of art. Biased poll btw.

Whatever this game would be, you guys will buy it anyway. You will play it and go here to complain how shit it is. And some guys will defend it, because "it's not as bad as you histrionic nerds make it out to be". I, though, will refrain from this glorious activity. Jerking off seems to be a much better alternative

I've been refraining from this activity for 14 years. The buying a Bethesda game part, not the jerking off part.

Garyxeao88

Novice
Would love to see a huge map in Elder Scrolls 6

The density of town/dungeons/fortresses/etc has always been a bit immersion breaking for me. It's just so odd running 20 yards south of a town and find a "hidden" cave riddled with treasure. I just think "How has no one found this place?"

Gerrard

Arcane
Would love to see a huge map in Elder Scrolls 6

The density of town/dungeons/fortresses/etc has always been a bit immersion breaking for me. It's just so odd running 20 yards south of a town and find a "hidden" cave riddled with treasure. I just think "How has no one found this place?"
Even on the Codex you have autists who would rather have a themepark map than "empty space".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom