Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will YOU try KOTOR Online?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
This is great. :lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I feel a great disturbence in the Internets, as if I million fanboys cried out in terror, and their fapping suddenly ceased.

Angthoron

Arcane
But what about Obsidian's guy? Will he be a boss too? I must know, I must find out!

Also, that is p. lol. Even WoW didn't fuck up their heroes/villains that quick. Going to let fanboys know, maybe shave off a few preorders. Or at least cause butthurt.

corvus

Arcane
Aw, I liked HK-47. Him and the other droid were the only likeable characters in the first game. They even managed to pussify him. Generic bad guy lines and "witty" comebacks about his ego. and lol at the lines at the beginning on the bridge. "i dont have to answer to a peon like you!" it's almost like the spirit of Shepard was manifesting itself in this galaxy to encourage more collar-grabbing.

Will YOU try KOTOR Online?

Definitely NOT after they ruin two major characters from the old-school masterpiece that was Knights of the Old Republic! I DID NOT PLAY THAT GAME SEVEN TIMES FOR THIS KIND OF TREATMENT

Angthoron

Arcane
Okay, so I watched "the whole thing", skipping large chunks of extremely boring combat. Thoughts:

1) Combat is a snorefest. There's no challenge whatsoever visible at any part of that video. Trash packs are easiy AoE'd down, larger mobs are just a nuisance with a bigger healthpool. Not a single "watch what you're pulling" moment, not a single "oh shit" situation. DPS does AoE pulls and isn't ripped a new one.

2) Bosses are shit.

2.1) HK-47 is a legendary assassin droid? It sure shows how legendary his trash mob spawning is. Special moves? Cloaking? Jetpack? Aggro resets? Ha, ha, ohaha. And yeah, it fits his character to spawn trash to take care of people.

2.2) Worms on an airless surface = cool. Giant worm on an airless surface = even coolest. Giant worm boss with giant health pool and no special abilities IN SPACE = coolest yet.

2.3) Revan. What the fuck. He's a jedi master/sith lord? Where's signature force moves? Lightning, whirwind, choke, charge, jump, lightsaber toss, WHERE IS ALL THAT. Tank and spank fight with three uses of Push and a whole lot of inanity. Andhaira would be a more fun boss, his lines would be more amusing.

3) Instance design - yeah, well, what's there to say. Unimaginative shit. And yeah, great idea to bring back the Foundry, everyone loved it in KotOR.

4) "Dialogue" - shitty and pointless! Why would I want to listen to Revan again, if the only option I have is to kill him, again? Also why is he still alive ah whatever fuck it its the midichlorians. Also I thought HK47 was taken away by the Obsidian dude, did he like give it back, or was it non-canon? Nobody knows!

6) The video itself. Yeah, it really got so exciting when the dude spent half the instance skinning droids. SO FUN. And also, why exactly did he black out party screen? To preserve anonymity? Would've helped if he hadn't had NAMES ON or maybe if he hadn't LEVELLED UP or SELECTED HIMSELF, lol Darth'Deth or whatever. Could've at least made it possible to follow health/energy bars of the party, but no.

Also, shitty player is shitty - the only reason they wiped was the player being a retard and completing bonus objectives while pulling 4 extra droids into the fight. Was it necessary? Nyope.

5) The sum of all parts:

It's all shit, and I wasted 40 minutes of my life to confirm what I already knew!

corvus

Arcane
The recycled hand gestures and stiff movements make these dialogue scenes great :thumbsup:

Revan: You don't know what you do! Sith is bad and evil!

Player #1: no jedi are dumb

Revan: I will now tell you some irrelevant personal history about myself in an attempt to shock fanboys as I blandly reveal I am Darth Revan.

Player #2: I DONT GIVE A SHIT GIVE US LOOT

Revan: Very well, please wait patiently while I dramatically turn my back on heavily-armed enemies and put on my hood and mask for signature appeal. LIGHTSABER TWIRL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WO_zfdxw7U

I can tell you Revan's final fate: he's still alive and he's gonna fuck shit up!

hahaha no

Fens

Ford of the Llies
godawful... nothing in that made me want to play the game, nothing

they don't even have a "pass" button for loot, just "need" and "greed"...

corvus said:
I can tell you Revan's final fate: he's still alive and he's gonna fuck shit up!

hahaha no
he's caught in limbo where every ten seconds a new group of darths and darthettes spawns to torment him

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Fuck I wish the prequels never existed. Fucking acrobatic twirling and force lightshow displays wouldn't be so fucking canon.

Vaarna_Aarne

On the subject of the Exile AKA Obsidian Dude, I'm pretty sure they've been doing a fantastic some rapeconning entirety of KotOR2. For example, Kreia is now just evil and wants to destroy the universe, and that's that.

corvus

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
On the subject of the Exile AKA Obsidian Dude, I'm pretty sure they've been doing a fantastic some rapeconning entirety of KotOR2. For example, Kreia is now just evil and wants to destroy the universe, and that's that.

:x

I don't even like Star Wars other than the first two movies and maybe KOTOR 2 yet I still get pissed about random shit happening in the franchise. Maybe it's just a manifestation of my rage at not having the original theatrical cuts of the first trilogy.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I know it will be shit but now that we are three months (12/20 people) away from release I am being tempted. I wanna be bioware evil as a sith something or other.

Damn childhood fixation with starwars.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
you'll get flagged and deleted for linking to the codex. trolling the bioware boards requires subtlety.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Huh? They host guild forums on their community site?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
oldmanpaco said:
You can't link to the codex? Is that in the rules somewhere?
racism, adult content, nda-breaking tor beta shit links/discussion. nevermind gaider's inexplicable urge to every once in a while tell the codex how much he hates and detests it.

Vaarna_Aarne

SuicideBunny said:
oldmanpaco said:
You can't link to the codex? Is that in the rules somewhere?
racism, adult content, nda-breaking tor beta shit links/discussion. nevermind gaider's inexplicable urge to every once in a while tell the codex how much he hates and detests it.
And we shall look down upon him and whisper... "Butthurt detected."

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
when is dune online coming out?

also i heard the revan in the video is fake, the real revan is probably dead or an end-game boss

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You know I'm a huge Star Wars faggot nerd, and I'm still more looking forward to the Masquerade and The Secret World more than this...

They will still all be shit grindan grindan shit I assume, but one can hope...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom