Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Goddamn Japanese. If it hadn't been for them, the Americans might have simply stayed out of the war. Though we wouldn't have any military industrial complex pumping out crazy technologies.
Eh, the Americans were already giving the British lend lease. They probably would have joined the war anyway.
Pearl Habour only sped up the process by giving Roosevelt enough public support to openly declare war on the Axis.
If not Pearl Harbour, then the Germans would have most likely ended up sinking American cargo ships, which would have been used by FDR and interventionists as a means of riling up the public to support war. Kind of like what happened in WW1, really.

Last edited:
My review:

• aweigh:
    wasted time downloading wolfenstein 2: the new colossus from game pass. played it about 1 hour before uninstalling, it's the wokest game i've ever seen
    it's an sjw fever dream. game literally starts with BJ's EEEEEEvil trump supporter dad beating his jewish mom and beating him up (as a child) for being friends with a "nigger" girl

• aweigh:
    then he forces BJ to shoot his own dog as punishment for tarnishing the WHITE MAN'S reputation
    then he goes on a speech about how the queers and n-words want to destroy all the white man has built
    you could literally FEEL the sjw energy pouring out of the writer as he wrote the most evil person imaginable (Trump supporters) in BJ's dad
    then at the end of the first level the eeeevil female general's fat daughter is FAT SHAMED by her

• aweigh:
    and there's pregnant women shooting guns
    it was awful
    i feel dirty for having played it
    like i got sjw stink on me
    ugh

• aweigh:
    i had read before that the lead game designer of machinegames said wolfenstein 2 was a response to Trump but... i didn't imagine this travesty
    poor BJ, his franchise co-opted for this low IQ dreck. Game writing quality is fucking AWFUL, it's all just some white liberal self-insert bullshit.
TNC is very much a cultural product of its particular time. A reactionary fantasy to soothe the Western liberal psyche in crisis circa 2016-2020. All pretty cringeworthy in retrospect though the Hitler section had that one decent gag.

The story and cutscenes do seem to be where most of the budget went. Guns fun, movement rapid but levels? Fucking tiny. Sections within them can be fun e.g. the courthouse breakout dream bangs but they're just too small overall. So much so that the devs had to directly incentivise replaying them to pad out the playtime.

I reckon Machinegames must have been short on inspiration re actual gameplay by the time of TNC especially given how abject Youngblood was afterwards.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom