Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you want to do Mythic+++++++++++++++++ you're probably better off picking a DPS class that can CC or have some kind of bloodlust mechanic (I forget which classes have those now in addition to shaman, mage and a couple others I think).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
What's the precedent on Blizzard buffing undertuned specs? I've decided to switch to Frost from Blood since I'm having way more fun (all 3 specs involve about as much difficulty), but it's enough for one quick stroll over at the (un/)official forums to get a headache in regards to Frost's viability in raiding. I imagine most Warlocks and Fury Warriors are in a similar position.
Reroll if you're not happy with your DPS now. Expansions usually set the bar for how the class will perform relative others for 1-2 years to come.

That's cool, thanks for the tip.

Are there any specs that have a similar playstile to Frost DKs? Outlaw, Havoc, Enhancement?
Out of those, I'd play enhancement. But I'm elemental on my shaman because I'm stupid as hell.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Mythic+ stuff is out. I just ran two, one at +2 and the other at +4 in a PUG. They get... pretty challenging and require more care than most PUGs can muster.

Doktor Best

Arcane
How do IDs work in mythic+?
Wulfstand

Im having very much fun with outlaw, and its also a pretty competitive specc.

abija:

Maybe the early expansion hype is speaking here but i think in regards to area and dungeondesign the game did improve vastly compared to earlier expansions. Also the levelscaling works better than i thought (never thought id say this about a game) the worldquests are a major improvement to normal rep grind, im hyped for mythic+, lfr isnt forced on raiders anymore, more emphasis on professions, i really like the profession quests, and last but not least the artefact weapon is a big positive surprise for me. Its basically a second level progression with an oldschool vanilla style comitted talent tree. So now you got your normal talent tree that you can adjust according to your next raid encounter and a second tree that takes some long term planning and keeps you busy in the game outside of raids for quite some time.

The biggest thing though, on what my final verdict will be based upon, will be the mythic+ 5man content. I was waiting for this since wotlk because with my real life comitments i wont be able to keep up raid appearance to keep myself fed with challenging pve content, and forming a 5man group with buddies will be much easier to do.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Apparently the PTR is glitched such that you can play through Legion content even without an active WoW account or having bought Legion. Played for a few hours. While the artifact weapons are nice I'm not a huge fan of the tedious treasure hunt/grab to level them up. Would prefer they just tie it to quest completion.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
+2, +4... WTF? How many difficulty levels are now in the game?

:whatho:
They pulled a page from RoS and made an endlessly increasing difficulty mechanic. From what I read it sounds nearly identical to grifts.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
+2, +4... WTF? How many difficulty levels are now in the game?

:whatho:
They pulled a page from RoS and made an endlessly increasing difficulty mechanic. From what I read it sounds nearly identical to grifts.

Yup. The mobs even got fairly random set of affixes too past certain points, like constant AoE in radius, or all threat created reduced by something fancy such as 90% re-introducing it as relevant mechanic again

sser

Arcane
Developer
Correct. And the higher you go the more enemy affixes are accrued.

• Bolstering -When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their maximum health and damage by 20%
  • Necrotic - Enemy melee attacks apply a stacking debuff that deals damage and reduces healing/absorbs received
  • Overflowing - Causes all overhealing done (by healer-spec players) to trigger a heal absorb on the target, proportional to the amount of overhealing done
  • Raging - Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing 100% increased damage until defeated
  • Sanguine - Shortly after death, non-boss enemies will leave a pool of blood on the ground, which heals enemies and damages players for a % of their max health
  • Skittish -Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks
  • Teeming - Additional non-boss enemies are present throughout the dungeon; kill count requirement is increased
  • Volcanic - While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players

The one that gave my PUG fits was "Bolster." If you pull a large pack, the last standing minion is an absolute nightmare. You end up having to very carefully pull mobs, CC correctly, etc., or you just flatout will not progress. It lead to a lot of things I hadn't seen since old-school WoW when people used to pre-CC packs to make the pulls easier. This is why PUGs aren't suited for the higher mythics. For example, I paralyzed one enemy and some idiot DPS just went right in there and knocked it out of CC almost immediately. There's just no room for this sort of miscommunication.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Frost dks have like 2 buttons, so try beast mastery hunter.

What I liked about Frost was how much it was relying on a handful of procs to pop up, so I'll follow Doktor Best 's advice and try out Outlaw Rogues. Fury seems to be fun too, way better than Arms in any case. Havoc too, and I also feel like the devs put in extra work in the DH campaign/class hall, but that's to be expected I suppose.

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you like procs go enhancement. Be warned that outlaw's dmg relies entirely on rng with Roll the bones basically being a dice roll, not fun IMO.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
DPS rankings after day 1 of Emerald Nightmare (Heroic, 75th Percentile)

PfD7btp.png

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Feels good to have rolled Windwalker as my Legion main. At least before the nerfs start coming :D

Echo Mirage

Arcane
That Frost DK damage. It felt bad just leveling to 106 where I left it with 10 points into my weapon. But damn, getting outclassed by even the Warlocks.:negative: Time to respec to Unholy then. But at least I'm maining a Havoc demon hunter with an Arms warrior and Fire mage alts.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Assassination Rogue before Outlaw? Simcraft preficted pretty much the opposite and i also dont see many Assa-Rogues in any mythic groups.

Seari: You can negate much of the random effect by using your procs efficiently. I am mostly on top of the damage charts wether or not my procs are perfect.

Speaking of streamlined content, I did 5/7 HC with some guild I just found on a god forsaken low-pop RU realm (we were one of the first 15 guilds on EU to kill the first two bosses, rofl). On the night after EN opening I went through normal with a bunch of randoms from that group finder thingy, some wipes here and there, but it was pretty straightforward.

Degenerate gameplay aside, I feel like the biggest blow to WoW was the queue system. It's just a stream of faceless nameplates now, you'll never see those people again, whether it's a bg or an instance. And why would you care anyway, since everything is so easy and simple, almost anyone can do it (or if they can't, you just drop out of the group and wait for another 10 minutes to get a new one). Back in the day you actually had to work with what you had, both in terms of people and actual skills/challenges. Finding someone good and friendly was such a nice and important thing. Guilds and static groups were formed organically instead of a shallow gearcheck that's prevalent nowadays. Not to mention the fact that you actually knew AND cared (to know) about people from your realm. Reputation had a meaning.

Also, I have never seen as many dipshits as I did in the last few weeks. It's like all decent people have abandoned the ship a long time ago (that's most likely what happened anyway). Not a single enjoyable conversation. Granted, RU realms were a cesspool from the get go and that new guild is just further cementing the stereotype, but EU is not far behind. Cancer swe kids cracking putin jokes or screaming SUKA BLYAD DAVAI over and over. Reminded me of a small-town zoo with a stale smell in the air; where all of the sad animals have that shitty brownish color to their fur and attitude.

And yeah, not planning to resub or use the token. I had a lot of good memories linked to this game, but it was such a long time ago, guess it's better to let go. Too bad the b.tag system wasn't introduced until later on, so many good people were lost in the everyday nonsense and all I got to go by now is their character names in my friend list.

:dead:

Naraya

Arcane
You should all feel ashamed for still playing this PoS. Seriously, I thought people here had better taste than that.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Degenerate gameplay aside, I feel like the biggest blow to WoW was the queue system.
Only to a point.

The simple fact is that if you are not on a premade group with a bunch of friends and acquaintances, odds are you aren't engaging what is considered a 'serious' part of the content. Used to be that levelling was hard and people had to team up to reach level 60. But you wouldn't expect people to strike a conversation during levelling today, right? Same thing with dungeons post-Lich King, even mythic ones.

WoW's community is simply too large not to be shit. Even today. Most of the people you meet are going to be soulless drones. Or absurd dipshits. But as a healer, I still had a good time here and there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom