Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would perks make you more likely to donate?

Would you donate if it came with perks? (no ads, custom rank)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Oarfish

Prophet
At the moment, being able to find the donate button would make me more likely to donate. Where do you hide it?

dagorkan

Arbiter
Calis said:
dagorkan said:
Did you get any donations yet?
Yes, one guy donated.
That was me. Come on people, follow my lead and stop wasting Calis' time.

edit:
You can leave the non pop-up ads, they don't bother me and if they get the Codex money for free that's good. I assume they're worth more than a few dollars a year though.

User was nabbed fit

Calis said:
I'd say it's better to have an admin filter out real crap avatars and such.

What's "crap"? As long as it's not NSFW or revolting, then is it ok? I mean, it doesn't have to be RPG related, does it? Just anything that's 'not retarded', ja?

Calis said:
Anyway, those perks are still up for discussion, right now it's just the ads.

kk. Well, tell me when they've been decided upon.

Calis

Pensionado
ViolentOpposition said:
kk. Well, tell me when they've been decided upon.
Will do. Could be that we decide to just make a generic "donator" or "patron" title which people can claim if they donate, since the "entirely custom avatar / title" idea isn't exactly universally-liked.
A title like that might be nifty especially for Dagorkan, he'll be "patron" as Dagorkan and "dumbfuck!!!" as Sheek :P

Edit: Dagorkan, follow the instructions I posted if you want to claim your ad-free half year. Just disabling popups is impractical, it's gonna be an all-or-nothing dealio. Though I'm leaving the amazon links even for donators - the annoying "buy stuff now" pic will be gone though.

Edit2: Also note that we're not trying to guilt-trip anyone into donating, whether or not you want to donate is still entirely up to you.

User was nabbed fit

Well, nothing is ever universally liked. Question is: will custom avatars/titles really hurt the Codex? Unlikely, IMO. Especially if they're regulated.

Anyway, I'm done for now! It's in the hands of ze forum Gods.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm sure we'll consider such requests and if a suggested avatar isn't overly retarded and fits the site, why not?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
If I ever donate [I am poor!] I would want
cirussuckvt3.jpg

scaled down to size, and the title "It's a straw!"

(It is a straw!)

Cassidy

Arcane
Now I guess I don't need to put any argument at all trying to explain why getting custom avatars for donations wouldn't work. The facts are self-explaining.

dagorkan

Arbiter
OK give me a half year ad-free and the Patron title.

Sent Taluntain the details.

Calis

Pensionado
dagorkan said:
OK give me a half year ad-free and the Patron title.
Alright, your ads should be gone - title still needs to be grafix'd up.

Cassidy

Arcane
What will happen if a double dumbfuck donates? Will he be entitled as a Dumbfuck Dumbfuck Patron then?

Calis

Pensionado
fizzelopeguss said:
Didn't know we could donate.
Yeah, the paypal link used to be in the forum heading as well but we removed it a while ago on the basis of "ah, nobody uses it anyway" and replaced it with those Amazon links. It's back now though! :D

Cassidy said:
What will happen if a double dumbfuck donates? Will he be entitled as a Dumbfuck Dumbfuck Patron then?
Good question, the answer is: "dunno"! I'd say donation can get you one-time dumbfuck amnesty, but not immunity; we reserve the right to dumbfuck you all over again.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I donated 20 bucks back when the Codex needed new hard drive or something like that. I think that was more than 12 months ago though.

One Wolf

Scholar
I like the custom title reward for contributing, but I feel strongly about keeping the avatar system as it is now. Custom avatars are often irritating, and it's a cool feature of this site that people all have avatars from classic games. It was one of the first things I noticed when I first started lurking here, and it's grown on me over the years. At best, I rarely see a custom avatar that I enjoy, and at worst they are some kind of bothersome animated gif that pisses me off.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
How about:

- Donating 20 bucks allows the donator to choose one topic that isn't allowed to be posted about for 1 week. Whoever posts anything about that topic is immediately banned for 1 week.

First topics that'll get chosen by everyone who donates:

1. Warhammer
2. Furries
3. Banning policies

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
How does Warhammer getting posted in the Video Game Art thread and one or two others end up being seen as Warhammer in every thread everywhere?

dagorkan

Arbiter
aweigh said:
How about:

- Donating 20 bucks allows the donator to choose one topic that isn't allowed to be posted about for 1 week. Whoever posts anything about that topic is immediately banned for 1 week.

First topics that'll get chosen by everyone who donates:

1. The Witcher
2. Action-RPGs
3. D&D optional rules

Hory

Erudite
More like 7.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom