Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WOWhammer, anyone?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the chicken thing is the most retarded mmorpg design decision after grinding.

made

Arcane
So I read in a tabloid that the game sold something like 1.5 mil copies so far. Seems like a huge success, even surpassing AoC which had a good start but apparently couldn't keep subscribers due to being utter shit.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They shipped 1.5 million copies. Big difference. I haven't heard any sales numbers yet.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
prepare for disappointment. Aside from early tier 1 maps which are well balanced and fun, the ones on the next tier eats dog shit and vomit it out for you to play in.

Fuck you EA for rushing shit.

Zakhal

Liturgist
RK47 said:
prepare for disappointment. Aside from early tier 1 maps which are well balanced and fun, the ones on the next tier eats dog shit and vomit it out for you to play in.

Sound like yet another suprise tur..mmorpg.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
RK47 said:

I still can't believe people are surprised when EA games turn out to be bad.
HAVEN'T YOU HAD ENOUGH FUCKING EXAMPLES YET?

dragonfk

Erudite
RK47 said:

Arent there like 6 tiers or so? If there are and only tier 2 are unballanced then there is hope for this game is there not?

sabishii

Arbiter
Well... I found the T2 maps perfectly fine. Stonetroll Crossing is quite fun with lots of room to run around littered with rocks to play with lien of sight and stuff, and Mourkain's Temple is fun though with some balance issues and beubg more bottlenecked. I haven't played much Phoenix Gate because I have a Greenskin (and I was playing in Chaos areas in open beta).

My main concern is that PVEing by myself can be annoying with the closeness and respawn rate of mobs. I don't mind difficulty in PVE, but I don't like difficulty due to having to manage exact position to avoid aggro from every single direction.

Well another annoyance is how many retards can be on your side in PVP and thus fuck up the battle for you. On the bright side that means teamwork is actually meaningful.

sabishii

Arbiter
http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... war?id=334
Greetings!

Your feedback is very important to us and it’s always our goal to make your play experience an even more enjoyable one.

In response to popular demand, you’ll now be able to queue for all of the scenarios available in your current tier, across all three pairings. For instance, if you’re in Nordland, you can queue for the Nordenwatch scenario as usual. You can also queue up for Khaine’s Embrace (the Tier 1 scenario in the High Elf vs. Dark Elf pairing) and the Gates of Ekrund (the Tier 1 scenario on the Dwarf vs. Greenskin pairing), all without leaving Nordland. No travel is required at all; just click the WAR symbol on your interface as you normally would, and use the arrows at the top of the window to scroll through the different scenarios.

We know many have been waiting for this feature and we have a lot more great additions coming on the horizon. We look forward to your continued feedback as we work to take WAR to the next level…WAAAGH!!!
SWEET.

Was one of the reasons I never played Phoenix Gate (as the Elven areas are less populated too), and also it can get boring running the same scenario over and over again when questing.

DefJam101

Arcane
Is there open-world PvP or not?

Seriously, that was the only thing keeping MMOs from being boring as shit... why has it disappeared?

Ausir

Arcane
WarCraft was originally a Warhammer rip-off, so it's only fair for Warhammer to rip off back.

sabishii

Arbiter
DefJam101 said:
Is there open-world PvP or not?

Seriously, that was the only thing keeping MMOs from being boring as shit... why has it disappeared?
Um, it depends on what you consider open-world PVP. (Well, there is almost totally open PVP - with a level-based anti-ganking system, ask and I'll elaborate - on the open PVP servers, but I don't think the game was designed for such a ruleset tbh) There are areas in the open world where there is open PVP. At Tier 1 these "lakes" are quite small but they progressively grow larger until Tier 4 where maybe 75% of the map is the PVP area. And most likely you'll be running around there PVPing at max level. Still, the open PVP in WAR is very much group- and zerg-based, the emphasis being massive pitched battles rather than open PVP based more on ganking and griefing in AoC and from what I've heard of UO.

I'm not sure that open-world PVP has disappeared in MMOs, though. Again in AoC it's quite prevalent (the only thing to do at endgame, really...) and despite the talk about scenarios, WAR's emphasis really is fighting over keeps and fortresses in open-world PVP. There was even semi-decent open-world PVP on WoW's PVP servers while I was leveling (granted quite a few years ago); the reason nobody world PVPs at level cap is because unfortunately the rewards from BGs and Arenas are infinitely better.

sabishii

Arbiter
Well, I'm an officer for a Destruction guild on Vortex. We're pretty laidback but we're trying to work on being a recognizably organized force in PVP, both in scenarios and open world. I was trying to design a much more structured "army" within the guild with assigned groups and whatnot, but I've received virtually zero interest in it. Our site is http://elementsofchaos.myguildhost.com/

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Haha sabishii i'm in Vortex too, Prejudice of Exiled Rage.

sabishii

Arbiter
Cool I'll look you up once I pull myself away from studying for exams on the weekend.

Edit: Er, I'm Manganese, of Elements of Chaos.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
You lucky bastards! I've ordered WAR 2 weeks ago and finally today it will be posted (I hope it'll reach me before the weekend). Until that I'm spending my time on wardb.com making plans :)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well, is there any reason the major melee Ork DPS class was not put in? (Same with Dark Elf whatever class that was).

I gotta know. Does kinda piss me off and stop me from buying the game.

sabishii

Arbiter
The melee DPS classes, Choppa and Hammerer, had bad mechanics. I forgot the specifics, but most people didn't like them in beta.

I'm not sure about the Blackguard and the other Order Tank, but I think I read that the Blackguard had some short ranged capabilities that made it hard to balance. But I could be wrong. The latest news though is that the two tanks will be in the game by December.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Patched in or we'd have to buy an expansion?

Edit: Also, how are the different chaos classes overall? I friggin hate Tzeentch, but whatcha gonna do, y'know? Pissed there's no Khorne (ultimate Marauder class) or Nurgle or Slaanesh, or Chaos Dwarves, etc, etc.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Major_Blackhart said:
Patched in or we'd have to buy an expansion?

Edit: Also, how are the different chaos classes overall? I friggin hate Tzeentch, but whatcha gonna do, y'know? Pissed there's no Khorne (ultimate Marauder class) or Nurgle or Slaanesh, or Chaos Dwarves, etc, etc.

Classes should be patched-in in 1.1.

I'm playing a Monstrosity/Savagery Marauder - currently rank 20. Just started tier 3 and I'm having much fun beating up Order into a pulp on RvR. Since most healers do things other than their name would suggest, PvP (for dps classes) consists mostly on running around, flanking and hunting on poor alone buggers. If I get caught by 3-4 players I go down in seconds...

And it's nice that alone you can't do shit - maybe some "fetch me an anvil" or "kill the foozle" quests (just to level up a bit). But for PQs (that's where the PvE fun is) you're required to have a party or a real warband - sometimes even 30+ people (in t2! *cough*Plaguewood Thicket*cough*). So seconds after logging in you're already forming a band. [/noob]

@sabishii - there's no Vortex on my server list.

PS Maybe I'm too oldschool, but seeing White Lions named "MeowMeow" or goblins named "LittleFukka" gets on my nerves. Oh well...

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
sabishii said:
Heh, you're probably on the European servers. I forgot about that.

Yep, Karak Ungor here.

Anyway - does the game crash on you a lot? On my PC (AthlonXP 3000+, 2GB, GF7600) the game runs without any problems, though not so smooth. But on my vastly superior laptop (c2d 2.2GHz, 2GB, GF8700) the memory leak causes CTD after 2 hours. Before tweaking it was 30min!

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, is it any good and does it stand out from any other MMORPG's?

Edit:

Do the devs actually have any plans at ALL to put in any of the other Chaos Gods for abilities of Chaos chars, etc?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom