Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bad news: Game is no longer coming out in September.

Good news: Game's official release date is July 29.

The latest entry in the long-running role-playing series, which connects the futures of the two previous mainline Xenoblade Chronicles games, invites players to embark on an epic adventure with “life” as its central theme.

In the game, players will step into the roles of protagonists Noah and Mio amid turmoil between the nations of Keves and Agnus. Six characters hailing from those nations join forces to learn the truth behind their conflict, and set their sights for Swordsmarch, a land pierced by a giant sword.

The new trailer for the game reveals the background of the group’s journey in Aionios, a vast and sublime natural world, and reveals new details about the battle system:

• Battle With Up to Seven Characters – Like in previous Xenoblade Chronicles games, battles start by facing enemies directly in the overworld. Players can control Noah’s party of six, as well as additional characters they’ll meet during the adventure. Each character has their own role in battle, which allows for diverse strategies.
  • Class Change – Noah is a Swordfighter, specializing in close-range attacks, while Mio is a Zephyr, drawing enemy attention while evading their strikes. Thus, each character has their own class with their own strengths. Progressing in the adventure, players can change characters’ classes, creating a customized party.
  • New Interlink System – Each of the tag-team pairs—Noah and Mio, Lanz and Sena, Eunie and Taion—can make use of the Interlink system if certain conditions are met. They will then combine into a giant form called Ouroboros. Each Ouroboros has its own powerful move set, and deciding when to transform can be the key to winning a battle.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

The latest entry in the long-running role-playing series, which connects the futures of the two previous mainline Xenoblade Chronicles games, invites players to embark on an epic adventure with “life” as its central theme.

In the game, players will step into the roles of protagonists Noah and Mio amid turmoil between the nations of Keves and Agnus. Six characters hailing from those nations join forces to learn the truth behind their conflict, and set their sights for Swordsmarch, a land pierced by a giant sword.

The new trailer for the game reveals the background of the group’s journey in Aionios, a vast and sublime natural world, and reveals new details about the battle system:

• Battle With Up to Seven Characters – Like in previous Xenoblade Chronicles games, battles start by facing enemies directly in the overworld. Players can control Noah’s party of six, as well as additional characters they’ll meet during the adventure. Each character has their own role in battle, which allows for diverse strategies.
  • Class Change – Noah is a Swordfighter, specializing in close-range attacks, while Mio is a Zephyr, drawing enemy attention while evading their strikes. Thus, each character has their own class with their own strengths. Progressing in the adventure, players can change characters’ classes, creating a customized party.
  • New Interlink System – Each of the tag-team pairs—Noah and Mio, Lanz and Sena, Eunie and Taion—can make use of the Interlink system if certain conditions are met. They will then combine into a giant form called Ouroboros. Each Ouroboros has its own powerful move set, and deciding when to transform can be the key to winning a battle.

The Class change thing seems hype af. I just hope combat isn't a huge mess of battle quotes one over another like Xeno 1 and 2 but even worse.

Also nice Digimon jogress mechanic/s

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Class change thing seems hype af. I just hope combat isn't a huge mess of battle quotes one over another like Xeno 1 and 2 but even worse.

Also nice Digimon jogress mechanic/s

What a bunch of jokers!

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Fuck, it fucking break the order i would play games until the release of three, now i have to start the first one + future connected next month or i will be burned out by the time 3 comes out, fuck them for ruining my schedule.

I was about to start Wizardry: The Forsaken Land, it will have to wait.

Anonona

Learned
Reminds me to White Knight Chronicles, the main character has the gauntlet and everything. It has a very "sentai" vibe to it.

Not gonna lie, I kind of dig it

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Reminds me to White Knight Chronicles, the main character has the gauntlet and everything. It has a very "sentai" vibe to it.

Is the game any good? Heard the second game comes with the first one.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron

I forced myself to beat WKC1. I started playing the second game, but I didn't have it in me to play it for more than three hours before I gave up.

Anonona

Learned

Yeah, the first game comes with the second one, no reason to buy the first. It has been many years since last I played, but I would say it is not very good. Is a mediocre RPG with some interesting ideas: character customization, dual classes, you can create customized combos of skills (a sequence of skills one after another with increased power), the knights transformations (and in the second game you can customize your very own knight), a town management system with a light inspiration of the diorama system of Level-5's Dark Cloud I-II/Dark Chronicles, and very big maps to explore. But the combat system itself isn't anything amazing, the endgame sucks, as it was tied to a now defunct online mode (and it was all about grinding quests), and the true final boss of the game was also fought in an online quest. I think it is possible to do them alone, but as far as I'm aware it will take quite a lot of solo grinding to reach the appropriated level, GR and equipment. The writing is extremely generic and boring, and the dungeon design isn't anything to write home about.

tl:dr - Is a mediocre RPG I liked simply because it appealed to my combined autism for knights, giant Mechs and Super Sentai.

At least Xenoblade 3 looks like it will pretty much execute the same idea but in an actual good game

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Yeah, the first game comes with the second one, no reason to buy the first. It has been many years since last I played, but I would say it is not very good. Is a mediocre RPG with some interesting ideas: character customization, dual classes, you can create customized combos of skills (a sequence of skills one after another with increased power), the knights transformations (and in the second game you can customize your very own knight), a town management system with a light inspiration of the diorama system of Level-5's Dark Cloud I-II/Dark Chronicles, and very big maps to explore. But the combat system itself isn't anything amazing, the endgame sucks, as it was tied to a now defunct online mode (and it was all about grinding quests), and the true final boss of the game was also fought in an online quest. I think it is possible to do them alone, but as far as I'm aware it will take quite a lot of solo grinding to reach the appropriated level, GR and equipment. The writing is extremely generic and boring, and the dungeon design isn't anything to write home about.

tl:dr - Is a mediocre RPG I liked simply because it appealed to my combined autism for knights, giant Mechs and Super Sentai.

At least Xenoblade 3 looks like it will pretty much execute the same idea but in an actual good game
Sounds like something i would have played 10 years ago, i don't really have the time for mediocre shit anymore unless it has something unique even if the game it's shit i need something that makes me say "That looks interesting, i wonder how much i can fuck around with skills/ party comp." Which is funny because Xenoblade 2 really just did that for me, extremely fun game to experiment on, i have more than three hundred hours on xeno 2 fucking with the combat.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Sounds like something i would have played 10 years ago, i don't really have the time for mediocre shit anymore unless it has something unique even if the game it's shit i need something that makes me say "That looks interesting, i wonder how much i can fuck around with skills/ party comp." Which is funny because Xenoblade 2 really just did that for me, extremely fun game to experiment on, i have more than three hundred hours on xeno 2 fucking with the combat.

XC2 is better than the first one? I only tried the first when it was released on the Wii and it seemed boring af.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

XC2 is better than the first one? I only tried the first when it was released on the Wii and it seemed boring af.
You should decide that for yourself, do you know that meme of it gets good 20 hours in? That's one of those games, it's also good if you are a fan of classic anime because it has a shit ton of references to some classic that made me smile, if you didn't like the first one there's no reason to try 2 or XCX even if they are not identical they share the same DNA. Takahashi works were never meant to be for everyone and i think the first xenoblade was a miracle to reach such cult status in the west.

TLDR
Do you like anime? No? Then stay away, simple as that. Many say that the first Xenoblade didn't have "anime characters" but they are fucking deluded or have only watched very few of them, both of them have a shit ton of anime cliches they just take from different times.

There's no shame in something not being for you, i have zero interest in Elden Ring and have played a shit ton of hours in Bloodborne. I could go on and on on how games being made for "everyone" has been killing the industry for more than a decade, it shows in how controls and menus play the same in each and everyone.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's no shame in something not being for you, i have zero interest in Elden Ring and have played a shit ton of hours in Bloodborne. I could go on and on on how games being made for "everyone" has been killing the industry for more than a decade, it shows in how controls and menus play the same in each and everyone.

We definitely agree about that. Thanks for the reply.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
new screenshot emerged
xenoblade_dumb_image.png

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
It has better combat and quests but plot and characters can be very hit or miss. Do you mind Anime tropes? Waifu pandering? Mascot character ? Lowkey Lolicon content ? If yes , Xenoblade 2 might be fun , otherwise don't even bother. I completed Xeno2 because the gameplay after 20h is actuall really fun , but issue was getting to those 20h.

Xenoblade 1 is less ''Anime'' than 2 but the combat and quest are worse, it's less complex and more straight foward.
The story is good but not amazing, there's a few neat characters like Dunban and Riki , mainly because he's decent mascot character. But nothing worth writing home, it's solid but not amazing.

That's how i feel about both games, they're good JRPGs with interesting ideas but you aren't missing a MUST play JRPG.

Last edited:

Nerith2143

Literate
huzzah they actually confirmed mid-combat character switching and xenoblade 1 debuffs and status effects. This might shape up to be a pretty decent combat system.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
yes a japanese tweet confirmed mid-combat character switching, it's what the 'tactics' icon or whatever does... what do you mean bye 'xenoblade 1 debuffs and status efects' all 3(5) games have had them

Nerith2143

Literate
yes a japanese tweet confirmed mid-combat character switching, it's what the 'tactics' icon or whatever does... what do you mean bye 'xenoblade 1 debuffs and status efects' all 3(5) games have had them

Stuff like paralysis, lowering enemy stats, sleep. Xenoblade 2 didn't really have these things for the players. So it's nice that they're coming back and with party control it might actually be interesting to use with the increased party size.

trPoB5.png

Hopefully there's more than what's shown here. Might be cool to see how all the attack effects get combined with the fusion attack system.

Nerith2143

Literate

Wow there's a lot here. The other ouroboros forms, a pretty dark premise. The elaboration on heroes and the class system as well as different enemy factions fighting each other. The way switching characters works. More amazing songs, tighter visual direction all around. The return of the affinity chart shows all the NPC and character relationships.

Seems like you have a solid amount of options in combat and customization that is flexible but appropriately limited to give individual characters better-defined niches. Looks like a lot of fun.

cruel

Cipher
Last trailer was great. Preordered. It's amazing how easy it is to see / sense if the game has potential to be 'special'. Elden Ring made me happy for the first 6 months of 2022, hoping this will make me happy for the next few months.

Sentinel

Arcane
Takahashi isn't writing this one or directing it.
Was that confirmed. I know he didn't direct or write future connected, but that would be odd if that was the case here.
He sent out a statement where he said he was "Executive Director". No mention of him being a writer.
Hi everyone, this is Tetsuya Takahashi from MONOLITHSOFT.
Just over four years since the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and one and a half years since the release of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, we now bring to you news regarding the latest game from MONOLITHSOFT: Xenoblade Chronicles 3. As the name indicates, it’s the third installment in the Xenoblade Chronicles series. We are currently making final adjustments to ensure we create the best game possible based on everything we’ve learned from the past entries in the series.

The key visual features a broken great sword of Mechonis and the body of the Urayan Titan with a gaping wound. I imagine everyone who saw the trailer was quite surprised by the final scene. What is this visual hinting at? I can’t reveal that just yet. What I can tell you is that this visual was conceived quite some time ago. More precisely speaking, we came up with it sometime between the end of development of Xenoblade Chronicles and the beginning of development of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So, it’s not something we recently added to the series.

We believe the game will be enjoyable for both those who’ve played Xenoblade Chronicles or Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as well as those who will be playing a Xenoblade Chronicles game for the first time.

The characters were designed by Masatsugu Saito, who also designed the characters for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. While we can’t reveal them at this time, Koichi Mugitani created some of the game’s key artwork. As you can see, familiar staff members with the Xenoblade Chronicles series have once again come together to create this game.

The game music was also handled by artists who’ve contributed to the series in the past. The music for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, Manami Kiyota, ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO), Kenji Hiramatsu and Mariam Abounnasr.
The music in this game maintains the unique Xenoblade Chronicles touch while also taking on a new challenge, namely that of integrating a flute-based melody as its motif. The flute is actually one of the key themes in this game. A variety of other elements and themes
are hidden in the trailer andwe’ll be revealing the details a bit at a time going forward.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a new adventure bringing together the worlds of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to take players into the future. While there is still some time left before the release of the game, I hope you’ll look forward to it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
it was the same for 2 iirc, just because he doesn't personally write the scripts doesn't mean he's not overseeing everything and approving/disapproving stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom