Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Yahtzee does New Vegas

Radisshu

Prophet
DO IT, PROSPER!!!!!

Take screens.

AlaCarcuss said:
Metro said:
Only 'reviewer' I've seen that does a pretty solid job of explaining the strengths and weaknesses of games is a dude on youtube that goes by 'antisocialfatman.' Unfortunately his reviews are fairly sporadic as he's not professional and isn't comped games.

Yeah, I've been subscribed to his channel for a while, he's quite good - puts most of the so called professionals to shame :thumbsup:
Just a heads up, turns out the guy died a few days back at the age of 27 :(

http://asfm.freeforums.org/asfm-remembered-t234.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/antisocialfatman#g/u

A real shame, he was a damn good reviewer and he was just getting into the swing of doing videos on a (bi)weekly level, upgrading his computer so that he could review newer games and so on.

Check his work out if you haven't already.

thesoup

Arcane
While I often times disagreed with 'fatman on his views, he was a pretty decent reviewer. I loved his Bioshock review, it was like a Plinkett review, but without the funny.

The guy was a steam friend and this really came unexpected since I know he wasn't fat at all, but in really good shape.

RIP fatman. :(

And what the fuck is with that retarded community competing who will take the mantle of the next great youtube reviewer because that's not what youtube deserves, but needs!

I just watched his bloodlines review and then scrolled down for comments

Can you PLEASE do a Mass Effect review?
darbusmaximus 1 month ago

This comment has received too many negative votes hide

@darbusmaximus Here's the review: it sucks.
antisocialfatman 1 month ago

Which is kind of strange seeing that his post, a bit down the page, says "My problem with KotOR is that, like all other BioWare RPGs, it's really just a point and click adventure game with combat instead of puzzles" and has positive votes.

edit: my point is, where the hell would these votes come from, doesn't look like he has so many retards watching his vids, and also what is up with that retarded hiding of posts that get "too many" negative votes.

thesoup

Arcane
He actually reviewed Mass Effect a while ago and gave it a good score. For some reason, he deleted that video and claimed there was never a review in the first place and that the game sucks.

To answer your question about retarded post hiding, it's been like that for a while.

Repressed Homosexual
I never watched a single one of Yahtzee's videos. I only once clicked on a link to one of his reviews, heard a few seconds of him talking at an absurdly rapid pace with a smarmy, overconfident and grating tone of voice, and I closed the tab.

It looks like I haven't missed much.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Holy shit he's a retard. Has he not played 2ed DnD? Does he not know that - values are positive effects? Yet he claims he wants to play a RPG?

DOES NOT COMPUTE FUCKING RETARD.

hoopy

Savant
I stopped watching him when he hopped on the "Left 4 Dead 2 should have been released for free" bandwagon. He's either monumentally retarded or just says stupid shit on purpose to generate controversy and therefore views, which is something that good video reviewers / YouTube superstars don't have to do.

I tried watching that New Vegas review but it was unbearably boring and pointless.

Vibalist

Arcane
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D said:
AlaCarcuss said:
Metro said:
Only 'reviewer' I've seen that does a pretty solid job of explaining the strengths and weaknesses of games is a dude on youtube that goes by 'antisocialfatman.' Unfortunately his reviews are fairly sporadic as he's not professional and isn't comped games.

Yeah, I've been subscribed to his channel for a while, he's quite good - puts most of the so called professionals to shame :thumbsup:
Just a heads up, turns out the guy died a few days back at the age of 27 :(

Holy fuck, I actually feel kind of sad reading this. Fatman was an awesome reviewer and I always loved hearing his opinions, even if I didn't always agree with them. Why the fuck didn't God take some random, inane Gamespot reviewer rather than Fatman? Fuck.

Rest in peace. I wonder what's going to happen to his message board now. He had just gotten it up and running a few month ago and it seemed like a really good place to discuss video games with non-retarded people.

thesoup

Arcane
Most of his followers are retarded, underage and impressionable. Basically, rarely anyone ever challenged or doubted him because they saw him as the holy beacon of truth.
Without his guidance, the message board will collapse quickly.

Vibalist

Arcane
thesoup said:
Most of his followers are retarded, underage and impressionable. Basically, rarely anyone ever challenged or doubted him because they saw him as the holy beacon of truth.
Without his guidance, the message board will collapse quickly.

Probably. Shame.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This scares me cause I'm at his age and indulge on pizzas for weekend. @_@

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Might have had an genetic condition that only manifested at that time for some reason. It happens.

DragoFireheart said:
Holy shit he's a retard. Has he not played 2ed DnD? Does he not know that - values are positive effects? Yet he claims he wants to play a RPG?

I think Yahtzee himself has said before that he has never liked RPGs, never understood them and prefers action games or adventures. Doesn't explain why he still "reviews" them anyway.

thesoup

Arcane
He "reviews" them them for the public's pleasure. He's alright when reviewing action games or adventure games, but for strategies and RPGs he sucks. At least he said more than once that he sucks at them and doesn't like them.

Fatman was not fat, btw. He was healthy and everything. Worked out, ate healthy food, etc. Why he died of a heart attack is a mystery.
I had a colleague at work who died of heart attack at 29. He was as healthy as you can get.

curry

Arcane
thesoup said:
Fatman was not fat, btw. He was healthy and everything. Worked out, ate healthy food, etc. Why he died of a heart attack is a mystery.

24gpo3t.jpg

Redshirt #42

Augur
GarfunkeL said:
DragoFireheart said:

I think Yahtzee himself has said before that he has never liked RPGs, never understood them and prefers action games or adventures. Doesn't explain why he still "reviews" them anyway.
I'm pretty sure he liked Planescape: Torment at least. He didn't play the original Fallout games though, so yeah, he lacks credibility in this genre.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Redshirt #42 said:
I'm pretty sure he liked Planescape: Torment at least.
http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/archive ... 4-1220.htm
This week: Mass Effect. In summary: too much text.

I did my usual cursory glance over notable forum threads to get my feedback and it seems some people on one forum that shall remain nameless have been calling me a hypocrite for apparently liking Planescape Torment despite it, too, being a monstrously wordy game. My response: where the hell did you get the impression that I liked Planescape Torment? That, too, I found boring and couldn't get further than the first world. I'm not angry, I'm just confused as to how you made this leap of logic. Admittedly I did show the box art for, like, one second to illustrate a point but I don't remember drawing a big sign over it saying THIS GAME IS AWESOME MMM I WANT IT TO SPUNK IN MY FACE

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Who cares if whether he likes it or not? Can he actually go past that and tells whether it's good or not, and why?

Rhetorical question, by the way.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what why did he try to illustrate a point about good writing/narrative/presentation/whathever with a game he didn't like and didn't play, and why does he try to weasel out of it going "oh I put it there for like one second bros that meant nothing that time"

oh yeah that's the guy who said Bioware's writing is good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom