Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

YEEEEEEEEEES!!!

tennishero

Novice
as shit as oblivious was

it was infinitely better than witcher, gothic, vampire- TM- arcanum

the worst highly rated "so called RPG"

gothic is low rent oblivion with zero atmosphere

vampire TM was shit- apart from the horror house which isn't anything to do with RPGing anyway- the game was shit- and thats before you talk about the bugs

arcanum is the worst game i ever played- cannot believe the guys behind fallout were responsible for that bile

sacrificing everything RPG for a few shitting C&C doesn't make a great RPG

falout did it right, but at the sacrifice of any type of interesting main story

oblivion (and morrowind before it) create amazing game worlds- but they just cant get the actual quests to be as intersting and wel written as back isle-

having said all that- the dark brotherhood questline and the morag tang quest lines in morrowind are better than 99% of RPGs

I don't think Drog would unreasonably bash anything but arcanum while praising oblivion. Sounds more like a baronjohn or exmit thing.

tennishero

Novice
skyrim could be one of the best RPGs of all time but haters on this site wouldn't accept that no matter what

still butt hurt they loved morrowind and couldn't accept a change in directio

for the record

i think the magic compass helps anyone who doesn't like spending weeks in dungeons

rpgs should be 60% in towns conversing with NPCs and solving quests 30% travelling vast landscapes and 10% dunegons which should be small and manageable- who the fuck wants to play diablo anyway- dunegon grinding has nothing to do with RPGing anyway

the level scalling was a good idea that beth fucked up- however- they admitted they fucked up and will fix it for skyrim

the radiant AI- was hilarious- not because it was bad. it wasnt, but beth hyped the shit out of it and got burned- i didnt mind RAI, i just hope they can improve it

rapeing past lore isn't such a bad thing- TES lore is just repackaged D&D bullshit anyway- as long as there is a semi justifyable reason to change lore then no problem

the skill raping thats been going on however isn't good- they need to bring back more skiills

bethesda should look at what the modding scene has been doing and take a hint- companion mods are always top of the list- adding fleshed out companions can make a SHIT game playable (baldurs gate 2 anyone?)
the ruin tale companion mod was one of the finest peieces of modding i have ever scene- take a hint beth- the community loves that shit and it isnt that hard to do

my personal favourite thing to do in oblivion was to read journal entires and books that were sold in book stores- for example- the arena champions vampire father- his diary entry (you read after you have killed the vampire) excellent writing- now only if you could have found the diary before you entered the room and killed him- the one problem with beth games is they always solve everything with a cold steel- that quest could have been amazing if you could have found that diary and then had a choice of

a) kill vamp tell arena champ
b) find cure for vampire,, becomes human- reunited with son
b1) kill champ and his father for loot and evil badass ness
b2) arena champ retires, you become champ by default- with positive karma

simple C&C

beth come so close to making amazing games, but always fall ever so short

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
tennishero said:
rpgs should be 60% in towns conversing with NPCs and solving quests 30% travelling vast landscapes and 10% dunegons which should be small and manageable- who the fuck wants to play diablo anyway- dunegon grinding has nothing to do with RPGing anyway

Assuming this isn't a troll, I like when people confuse "what I think an RPG should be" with what an RPG actually is. Me, I think RPGs should be 72% kart racing against Mario characters, 8.4% fishing minigames, 2.5% Tower of Hanoi puzzles, 9.1% overly dramatised re-enactions of the court scene from To Kill a Mockingbird, 3% hot coffee minigames and 5% watching your character sleep.

circ

Arcane
tennishero said:
skyrim could be one of the best RPGs of all time but haters on this site wouldn't accept that no matter what

still butt hurt they loved morrowind and couldn't accept a change in directio
I WOULDN'T ACCEPT IT BECAUSE I KNOW BETHESDA'S TRACKRECORD YOU FUCKING COCKGOBBLER, AND I KNOW IT WILL BE A FUCKING JOKE. FUCK MORROWIND.

tennishero

Novice
a shit bethesda game > anything else on the market

:salute:

skyrim will be amazing- and anything that wasn't amazing in oblivion was fixed with mods

if you are a "PC gamer"........... lolz

you should know that mods are part of the scene

shit, if you ever owned a black isle game- it took 2 hours to patch the fucker to work in the first place

rageing over bethesda wont stop it selling millions- so get over yourself-

TES is a GREAT RPG SERIES

it has its flaws

so does everything else on the shitty PC market

pc "gaming"...........lol,

The Wizard

Educated
tennishero said:
i think the magic compass helps anyone who doesn't like spending weeks in dungeons
if you need a magic compass to find your way out of an oblivion dungeon something is seriously wrong with your head.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're retarded, newfag. No, I couldn't take Oblivion taking a "new direction" if "new direction" means "fucking horribad shit". No, TES isn't just a cheap D&D clone, which you should be aware of if you ever read any of the lore books or just looked at the unique artstyle in Morrowind.

Also, a quest compass is needed for everyone who deosn't want to spend weeks in a dungeon? :lol:
I don't remember any dungeon in Morrowind or Oblivion being so large you could get lost. Daggerfall's were, but a quest compass would only have been confusing in these dungeons because of the verticality. Also there were the mark and recall spells for those people who are lost and want to get out.

You're a moron and should GTFO.

bonescraper

tennishero said:
shit1.jpg

tennishero

Novice
cool story bro

:thumbsup:

typical codex day

derp derp skyrim

derp derp oblivion

derp derp fallout- oblivion with guns hurr hurr

derp derp arcanum's cock- must suck

derp derp witchers C&C cock must suck

-----------------

i can understand the hate for TES

what i cant understand why shit like gothic- gay-thic amirite
asscannon... arcanum
and bitcher are considered good rpgs when they suck hairy monkey balls much more than beth games

bioware are faggots who dont make good games- at least codex knows that

bethesda games (even if they needed modding) are great rpgs

get off arcanums cock and youll see that

denizsi

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
denizsi said:
Fucking americans.

Dicksmoker said:
Plusses:
+Dual-wielding

LOL.

Dual wielding is for faggots.

And amerikwans, who also are faggots.
I knew who you were even before I hit the quote button.

Now what does that say about you?

It says butthurt to me.

Look, kid, you're still an aspiring underage with the occasional signs of self-improvement, ie. the future of the Codex, unfortunately; so I'm cutting you a slack. There's, however, simply no arguing about dual wielding. It's pure faggotry. Perhaps someday you will understand when you get enough of your preteen Teh Kool fix and get over your this preteen DANCING BLADES! fantasy. Until then, try to contain yourself.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
denizsi said:
Dicksmoker said:
denizsi said:
Fucking americans.

Dicksmoker said:
Plusses:
+Dual-wielding

LOL.

It says butthurt to me.

Look, kid, you're still an aspiring underage with the occasional signs of self-improvement, ie. the future of the Codex, unfortunately; so I'm cutting you a slack. There's, however, simply no arguing about dual wielding. It's pure faggotry. Perhaps someday you will understand when you get enough of your preteen Teh Kool fix and get over your this preteen DANCING BLADES! fantasy. Until then, try to contain yourself.

Hey, dual wielding can be awesome.

... if it's done properly, as in only allowing light weapons for the off-hand, using that weapon mostly defensively, and a unique fighting style instead of just "lol you use two weapons you attack twice as quickly" which is utterly retarded.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
tennishero said:
as shit as oblivious was

it was infinitely better than witcher, gothic, vampire- TM- arcanum

the worst highly rated "so called RPG"

gothic is low rent oblivion with zero atmosphere

vampire TM was shit- apart from the horror house which isn't anything to do with RPGing anyway- the game was shit- and thats before you talk about the bugs

arcanum is the worst game i ever played- cannot believe the guys behind fallout were responsible for that bile

sacrificing everything RPG for a few shitting C&C doesn't make a great RPG

falout did it right, but at the sacrifice of any type of interesting main story

oblivion (and morrowind before it) create amazing game worlds- but they just cant get the actual quests to be as intersting and wel written as back isle-

having said all that- the dark brotherhood questline and the morag tang quest lines in morrowind are better than 99% of RPGs

'Sup Drog.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
denizsi said:
Dicksmoker said:
denizsi said:
Fucking americans.

Dicksmoker said:
Plusses:
+Dual-wielding

LOL.

It says butthurt to me.

Actually I was going to point out that I knew it was you because you are one of the few people who cherry-pick parts of my posts out from amid all the others.

tennishero said:

skyrim will be amazing- and anything that wasn't amazing in oblivion was fixed with mods

shit, if you ever owned a black isle game- it took 2 hours to patch the fucker to work in the first place

it has its flaws

Don't you just hate it when you make a post defending something, only to find out that your reasoning, tone, capitalisation, spelling, punctuation, hyperbole and ad hominem fallacies has conveyed the exact opposite message to any reader?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Azrael the cat said:
tennishero said:

it has its flaws

Don't you just hate it when you make a post defending something, only to find out that your reasoning, tone, capitalisation, spelling, punctuation, hyperbole and ad hominem fallacies has conveyed the exact opposite message to any reader?

Now you know how I feel when I read one of your posts. :smug:

denizsi

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
denizsi said:
Dicksmoker said:
denizsi said:
Fucking americans.

Dicksmoker said:
Plusses:
+Dual-wielding

LOL.

It says butthurt to me.

Hey, dual wielding can be awesome.

... if it's done properly, as in only allowing light weapons for the off-hand, using that weapon mostly defensively, and a unique fighting style instead of just "lol you use two weapons you attack twice as quickly" which is utterly retarded.

I know. It's even in some of the European combat treatises and it certainly has a place in Far Eastern martial arts but usually when you see some faggot masturbating to the idea of dual wielding online, you know the instant that that's neither, that it's some Drizzt or retarded ninja bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom