Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet another Alpha Protocol thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
Couldn't you seduce her and have inter-phasic sex?

Saxon1974

Prophet
poocolator said:
What if she just wasn't aware of your presence?

Well I walked all around right in front of her and nothing....until I killed a fish.

Im wondering if this is native oblivion or one of the creatures that MMM mod added in.

Turjan

Arcane
Saxon1974 said:
There are tons of books to read, one is like 50 pages long and even has 5 different books in the series. The amount of background lore they wrote for the books is pretty impressive. I realize not everyone cares about this but I think this type of thing greatly increases the experience.
Most of the ingame books had already been in Morrowind, and quite a few are from Daggerfall. My favorite Morrowind book has always been Dance in Fire.
Saxon1974 said:
I ran into a "Spirit of the Forest".

I thought she liked me, but then she didn't like when I killed a fish and decided to attack me. Hey, one has to eat something dont they!

She aint too bad lookin is she?
Looks like a reskinned Spriggan.

roll-a-die

Magister
Turjan said:
Saxon1974 said:
There are tons of books to read, one is like 50 pages long and even has 5 different books in the series. The amount of background lore they wrote for the books is pretty impressive. I realize not everyone cares about this but I think this type of thing greatly increases the experience.
Most of the ingame books had already been in Morrowind, and quite a few are from Daggerfall. My favorite Morrowind book has always been Dance in Fire.
Saxon1974 said:
I ran into a "Spirit of the Forest".

I thought she liked me, but then she didn't like when I killed a fish and decided to attack me. Hey, one has to eat something dont they!

She aint too bad lookin is she?
Looks like a reskinned Spriggan.
It is a reskinned spriggan, importing creature meshes into fallout 3 and Oblivion is a pain in the ass, I can think of only 4 people who have truly successfully accomplished it, and IIRC oblivion only added like 120-140 in game pages to the lore. It was quite laughable considering Morrowind added around 500-600 pages.

Angthoron

Arcane
The engine optimization in AP sucks gigantic sweaty dirty balls. Having the FPS rate drop to 1 at Marburg fight was really what a boss fight needs - and no amount of setting tweaking changed the awesome frame rate.

The hell is up with that. Seriously. Great track record:

NWN engine: modified, butchered, looking awful
KotOR engine: modified, butchered, looking awful
U3 Engine: modified, butchered, looking... eh, tolerable.

How do they do this sort of thing? It takes a special sort of talent to do something like that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There seems to be a bug that prevents changes to the graphic settings from taking effect unless you change the resolution. That fixed all my framerate issues.

Angthoron

Arcane
Changed the res too, nothing changed. Had to restart the game and replay the sequence. Kinda reminded me of the Inexplicable Framerate Drop in DA Denerim marketplace. I guess this makes it further proof that Obsidian is, hmm, inspired by BioWare - they even replicate the bugs but up the ante!

Thanks for pointing that out though, I was wondering why the hell motion blur wasn't getting disabled. They better make a patch soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom