Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"You are a farkin' disgarce. ALL OF YOU!"©Grimwulf. Battle Brothers Legends Mod

tindrli

Arcane
Any open spots? I want in

Reinhardt

Arcane
Moving to the next village just down the road.

ESLHXTe.png

Even more fucked than our home. Btw that's something new. Mod thingy, i guess.

xVPXNFr.png

Here (((they))) sell drugs, rare beast parts and named equip.

MAKBbOX.png

Regular market has iron, peat and furs.

6nq82hs.png

Also they have cheap peddler for hire

gdi1kVt.png

5 contracts. Beasts, which we ignore again, return stolen item, retrieve relic from some ancient tomb, find location and remove barbarian camp. Interestingly both retrieve relic and find location ask fro same place. In regular game it can be cheesed to get double or even triple, if certain event triggers, reward for one location. Not in iroman tho.

So our plan is simple. Kill bandits > retrieve relic > hire peddler and sell salt while relations slightly improved but ambushed trade roads still here > kill barbarians to remove ambushed roads > buy iron and maybe furs > move to the next village.

Bandits.

f216wYR.png

cjLTXNq.png

Even weaker than previous bandit encounter.

MSUcCmH.png

Enemy bard hits Grimwulf bear hat with his lute for 2 damage and stuns him, our bard breaks some bandit's face with his lute...

0zfpY7t.png

Last bandit fmanaged to flee.

kDbPYr4.png

yKkU2eS.png

Now that's bad news. Ancient legion banner.

kEQeRNB.png

Yep.

1E20T1g.png

JgcNKzT.png

NwsT16f.png

We waiting until they do all the walk and then trying to swarm them with numbers and managed to kill one auxilary.

5EUKnfw.png

But then our overall shittiness showed itself. Next turn we only managed to kill one more auxilary but both legionaires still stand and easily remove vazha.

drIEBIm.png

Again - full round to kill one enemy. So many misses like this.

1M6KeXn.png

And lone legionaire still killed a bear named spigot before going down. And you know how last skellington died? He was beaten to death with lute. Codex........
At least we got some equip upgrades - two helmets and a pike. Also two first level ups - Azira and Normie.

ICqIcjr.png

21oy4MM.png

Vazha survived but suffered permanent injury - collapsed lung. Ironic, onsidering he already had asthma.

Vx5qSbx.png

After returning to the village hired peddler. He's bad. :negative:

FUgmQBw.png

Prices BEFORE and AFTER i hired trader. Already visible.

YPt7ezm.png

09umQJh.png

Now to remove barbarians.

cGk33ue.png

IR0pFJU.png

ijurklY.png

T6fFaXP.png

Enemies almost never miss our peasants. Annoying. All our fighters who engaged in melee suffered serious damage.

is4hL49.png

Probably some layered armor shit. I mean does it look like leather cap to you?

HSunhP9.png

We prevailed in the end and no one died. Also almost everyone is level 2 now. Actually, i was distracted irl between battles and forgot to level Normie and Azira.

9RmrV1u.png

Some gud loot. ~400 gold in cash and amber, more armor upgrades and most important - two spears, which will help with our main problem - frontline can't hit anything.

APek6ZW.png

But best thing happened AFTER battle.

80NLp6y.png

zJlwsQL.png

Noticed some building in for of war while moving to barbarian camp and decided to check it. It's fort. And map edge, so we don't need to bother with it anymore.

XLayV4Y.png

Time to return and get our reward. We even briefly had 2000 geld but i spent part of it on iron and shield to make our frontline stronger before leaving city screen. Btw while all other goods are already sold below their maket value, furs are still very overpriced despite removing ambushed road. I dunno, maybe because we ignored beast hunting and they ate hunters or something.

eCxfAmG.png

And that's our new friend. We call him Baron Dupek, because it's funny. We, civilized people, are very clever. He's our best fighter right now. 3 stars in melee and level 3 already. Also high morale. Gave him shield and axe.

5x8HJvs.png

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably war kantree internet things. I wouldn't expect Ukraine to have the best net infrastructure right now even in a relatively safe area

Reinhardt

Arcane
Pointless update in which absolutely nothing happened.

lA7D2As.png

The only road left is north, which leads to castle.

e6MCEZR.png

After selling goods we are way over 2k needed for banner.

4SKuq12.png

ubUQus0.png

19WhPdQ.png

Which i gave to Normie because she has highest resolve in our backline, until we can train proper sergeant. Also hired ironmonger to help with equipment repair.

uGBGDM6.png

Grabbed new ambition - win battle against dozen enemies, which should happen naturally pretty soon anyway.

SNZ5KKD.png

Also at this point we unclocked first retinue slot. Saving for more trade goods, which also should happen naturally.

ad5SBNM.png

Moving next. There are some raiding party in the mountains but we are not paid to deal with them.

FqonwIk.png

Useless village, no trade goods at all. Standard jobs - beasts, barbarian camp, footprints. Picked return stolen item just to cover our food and daily payment.

qWxND7M.png

At this point lowest tier bandits are no threat to us.

BCbSGK1.png

3Rss7Tq.png

Only Helly caught random shot and lost some blood.

PilkWmQ.png

Ccy3IaA.png

When i returned to the village they offered new contract - retrieve relic. Considering it's 2 skulls and pay is almost double compared to our previous encounter with ancient dead and considering what just two dead legion people did to us ii decided to not take any risks.

lPoQ43k.png

There is also barbarian camp contract but because this village not selling anything interesting i don't really care. Picked delivery job to our home village. Planned to visit it anyway to do some more trading.

pWfEI0a.png

AOhbpBB.png

Found barbarian camp btw

OE2eAQB.png

Bought salt and iron in home village

H7ap19q.png

Picked job to guard caravan to that fort at the edge of the map. And again nothing happened, just some more exp for walking.

cBy8wMS.png

At least they selling some shiny stuff now. Also bought some cheap tools to fix our equipment.

gLQtLjf.png

Backtracked a bit to the village with black market. Bought one more piece of iron and got delivery contract to the village where all this dumb walking started...

GHhjI7p.png

Selling goods second time in this update...

o5kuYzH.png

And now we're back to the useless village. Even our money is pretty much same as before this dumb run started. At least we almost got to lvl 3 from all those fetch quests without any combat and repaired equip/recovered from wounds.

74nsKZP.png

Still complete waste of time. We are like that dumb cat who killed all rodents in single night and was kicked back to the street. After finishing all reasonable combat jobs all that's left is fetch quests and combat jobs which can actually kill us. Need to connect more dots on the map to start rolling.

Next time we will move south wih caravan. 3 day contract. Some combat is bound to happed.

GsMOM7E.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
cXqgsl4.png

Fucking youths! Every single time!

dTVCiKU.png

F7RrlEB.png

First signs of enemies. Good thing roads are heavily patroled. I don't want to fight gobbos.

EvZ8zeH.png

Checking every settlement we cross. Wtf with those prices -

Kgz4F8U.png

At least got some easy coins from previous event

PbRcZ0g.png

Still nothing happened

IJjb5nM.png

Except

6Oxb87P.png

Things ARE happening, but to someone else. We see lots of bandits lurking near and picking off other caravans but too scared to attack ~20 men force.

100Kuiv.png

Nice exp, but considering we had zero fights for 3 days we would be better doing almost anything else

d3sIjVV.png

Lots of good stuff for sale and it's just one shop.

w5a0Qc2.png

Qmigmtf.png

That's... not how i remember dyes prices from vanilla game...

HMqdUyA.png

We took familiar job to chase thieves. Two other available options lead back to same village where we came from - caravan and delivery job. Nah, i won't bite again. Me smart.

veFlw7n.png

Having to deal with necromancer is annoying but nothing too dangerous. Just annoying.

1jopeBV.png

EKVNa5M.png

Already rising corpses in first round

rLYkODz.png

Second round and bandits are already fleeing but it took two more rounds to cut through their ranks and engage necro in melee.

ey117U9.png

0heyDjV.png

As always, zombies are easy way to inflate kill count.

1DcaQq6.png

Um0qDeX.png

No food, no tools, no arrows, no meds.

t0n8tbO.png

After caravan job and bandit hunting everyone is level 3+. Also we completed our current ambition and picked next one.

PP2qhj6.png

jbmBRKl.png

Next village have standart set of jobs again - return stolen item and destroy bandit's lair. I really hate swamps.

ZeHQrbS.png

iNj16ZU.png

Nice patch of dry land in the center of the map.

AgjPL9M.png

Azira got almost fatal arrow to the neck but other than that still pretty safe battle. Hid Kalin in the back, because he's still seriously wounded after necromancer encounter but sent him to finish some random hobo after victory was assured.

4J0K6BT.png

bMz5UqL.png

7qzNQyd.png

Nah, it's the only village nearby and we are out of supplies. Not worth the risk.

7qAjUU0.png

Now to deal with bandit camp. Guess we graduated from rabble-tier and now can start killing thugs.

PcrGaYJ.png

This time we more or less evenly matched in numbers and equipment. Replaced broken equip with whatever spares we had before battle to be on safe side. Though few of our fighters are dangerously low on health.

ztnpG2Y.png

Good start - killed two in first round, including Brother Mother Frank headshoting one of their archers.

wWO6ygo.png

We killed two more at the start of second round and then Azira died stupid death. Caught stone, randomly aimed for Grimwulf, in the middle of the night, with very low chance. And got finished by another bandit with a scythe.

FLKIF3q.png

Next they tried to gangrape Kalin -

rVP7JFs.png

But he somehow managed to survive until reinforcements arrived

kwl6hgq.png

They tried to flee, but to honor Azira we slaughtered them.

lJg6yyt.png

m8LXY2N.png

bcZVJaj.png

Well, at least we got some beer.

A5zzpQp.png

No more prancing around with lute. Even Lagole Gon is recruited to pitchfork duty. Time to get serious. Everyone is either almost level 4 or level 4 already.

kmXzGGm.png

Good coin for delivering cargo to our home village.

6OdC2oU.png

4 days by the road is a lot, but we don't need to go by the road.

D7cL8a9.png

It's risky. But it's calculated risk. Blue circle is crossroads with one of the branches leading into the fog of war somewhere between us and our destination.

Enemies scaling with distance so we can encounter some beast doomstack in the wilderness which could easily end us.
There is also good chance we will encounter enemy mercs after our cargo which could easily end us too - high pay looks pretty suspicious(but i still gave everyone i could a knife to try and shank some rich fag for his nice armor in case we somehow win).
Maybe we will even find some nice location full of zombies in chainmails and kettle hats and loot it, upgrading our equipment and finishing current ambition at same time.
Or maybe there is indeed some big city with guarded roads and this job is just free money.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any new beast enemies in Legend? Crossing to jungle and meeting spiders would be suicide at this point

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
:salute: to Azira for selflessly taking a bullet that would have assassinated the commissar.

In the end the clouds of doom were right.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That's why you don't play with georgians. Scammers.

42LsDP6.png

AfeT0xd.png

Luckily i've noticed them and pressed space. Ambush would be rapey.

KmxNoyc.png

vgzHUDh.png

There is 10 ghouls but i see only 9. Could be yuge dangerous one.

w79gbKf.png

Nah, all 10 are smol.

YkaT8jE.png

One nachzehrer scored two lucky hits in a row and almost offed Helly.

eYDgUVi.png

Last one fled. Easy victory, but loot is...

shQZl8L.png

Foth3jf.png

jPp14l9.png

Oh, and here is small zombie lair. Just what we needed.

LIbQEIf.png

We are almost out of food at this point. There was no village after all and we had to traverse woods, mountains and swamps.

9LvUBkD.png

Bad lair. Only 5 zombies and they are just some peasants. Only kettle hat worth something. And 4 ghosts are bad news with our low morale and no sergeant to fix it.

ZcOvs9M.png

JtJwES1.png

Tacticool charge

gZXRUMn.png

But ghosts did tacticool charge of their own and routing prolebashers with ease

KENu0yk.png

Simple fact that they are hard to hit not helping either. And we are looking at good fighters by our standards here.

KCvATfP.png

hiysVkp.png

Rollercoaster battle. If it was not some low risk enemies results would be much worse. Some people went from "yay! we winning!" to "RUUUUN!" and back to "yay! we winning!" and "RUUUUUN!" again 3 times in this battle. I'm not naming anyone, but it was oasis789. Proper Prolebashers experience. Loot is again terrible. Not even hat dropped.

GZFWlLA.png

AAyeOP2.png

GUq9HLb.png

At least this lair was enough for ambition. Next one will have to wait a bit.

FidLM7z.png

iSKhIbC.png

Because salt mine in our home village was destroyed and i still want that trading support.

WqQaya3.png

JQ1nMUc.png

Bought lone piece of iron, some food and, finally, some cheap meds.

a1MfKji.png

Oh, look, our old friends -

u38Eo0w.png

Nope, we do what we do best -

21KYjJC.png

And then, SUDDENLY!

WA86A8n.png

bt42O4S.png

gEBS8Y7.png

eSZsGbM.png

Dk9AQqO.png

leQewTI.png

Looks like i bought not enough food. Not enough for another mountain+swamp chase at least.

MyznOhI.png

JgmEiTT.png

We advanced one step forward - there was a nice hill for both our ranged characters - and then just waited.

x5cT56X.png

Killed more than half in one round. Now we just engaging as many fleeing stragglers as we can.

LwuTec9.png

There is also someone richer than us so knives out

rPAnusW.png

pfOn71E.png

Caught everyone except one. Chainmail is meh but still our best armor.

ICWy91a.png

ECYIYOx.png

And then i just noticed something...

FNxbZih.png

So i just checked everyone and this shit is everywhere.

QYfrGp8.png

but

ObBlBzx.png

ALL our starting characters are like this.

Dupek is he in both, Helly - she.
There was one character for hire i randomly screened in the middle of this session - "wommyn-at-arms" or something - and they/them is like this >

ihtNBDc.png

Fucking modders. This is my last legends playthrough.

Andnjord

Arcane
See? First they let women be “women at arms”, next thing you know everyone is a poofter!

….what about my dude, do I dare to ask?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom