Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You can fart on someones head in Fable III.

Micmu

Magister
BearBomber said:
I think that people could see that coming when he included monster with farting attack in Dungeon Keeper .
Yeah, Bile Demon. It had spells like poison cloud and poison dart which then became fart and fart dart in the sequel. :lol:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
micmu said:
BearBomber said:
I think that people could see that coming when he included monster with farting attack in Dungeon Keeper .
Yeah, Bile Demon. It had spells like poison cloud and poison dart which then became fart and fart dart in the sequel. :lol:
Didn't it also have flails on its horns?

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Perhaps he's referring to the Rik Mayall or Derek and Clive strain of British humour rather than the Spike Milligan or John Cleese.

He's still missing the point, though. The genius of those works is that they knew how to make such things funny, not that they just referred to such things at all. It's toilet humour you can really sip your champagne and caviar cocktail to, intermittently pausing to quietly polish your monocle in expression of your amusement with the most humorous lines.

denizsi

Arcane
Molyneux watching South Park and seeing Terrance and Phillip for the first time

-OH MON FUCKING DIEU! This is AWESOME. I must have it in mon Faggle 3! HEHEHEHEHE FARTS!

Jive One

Educated
hmm...
willwrightandshigerumiy.jpg

heh....

Rarely do I use the fart option in the Fable games anyway.

Also the Codex has become a parody of itself what with the use of "Fagle" and "Faggout 3" and all the other complete retardation that tries to be passed off as retarded puns in an effort to be ironic. You people use irony like Mac users.

CrimHead

Scholar
So your enjoyment of hentai is in no way ironic? You actually take that shit seriously? Man I feel sorry for you.

CrimHead said:
So your enjoyment of hentai is in no way ironic? You actually take that shit seriously? Man I feel sorry for you.
I've never once said that I enjoy hentai.

Luzur

Good Sir
GlutenBurger said:
Perhaps he's referring to the Rik Mayall or Derek and Clive strain of British humour rather than the Spike Milligan or John Cleese.

He's still missing the point, though. The genius of those works is that they knew how to make such things funny, not that they just referred to such things at all. It's toilet humour you can really sip your champagne and caviar cocktail to, intermittently pausing to quietly polish your monocle in expression of your amusement with the most humorous lines.

actually, i didnt.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Luzur said:
GlutenBurger said:

actually, i didnt.

Didn't what? If you mean "miss the point," you weren't the intended "he." I was referring directly to the original article.

Angthoron

Arcane
AlaCarcuss said:
Mighty Mouse said:
Farting is good for your health, no one has died from excessive farting.

Dunno about that. I'm pretty sure I've caused a few premature deaths in my time :smug:

That qualifies as death by passive farting on their part.

Ergo, farts = lethal!

Call me old-fashioned, but if gaming isn't going to provide challenging puzzles or gameplay, shouldn't it at least seek to provide fantasy-fulfilment - you know, the old 'be a hero' or 'be a space pirate' or whatever?. It's what most of the current mob of developers seem to talk about anyway.

What gets me isn't just that the 'fart-option' is lame humour or lowbrow or whatever - it's that I can fart all I want in real life, just fine. It doesn't cost me anything. If I really really wanted to, I could probably go about farting on people's heads as well. I might have to be sneaky about it, but fuck, I could at least go around farting on people as they sit on park benches, or farting on small children as they walk past in the supermarket.

I had a housemate once who used to deliberately do that - if it was after a working day he'd be in a suit, so when the kid inevitably ran to their mother to say 'that man farted on me, on purpose' the mother wouldn't believe him/her. He actually got one little kid smacked using that method, and then smacked again when the kid tried to tell his mother that he pulled a finger at him when she wasn't looking.

I'd be surprised if Fable 3 offers that level of reactivity. So why make a feature out of something that we can easily do to a greater degree in real life? People complain about games that force simulatorish eating/drinking/resting onto a player - now you want players to micromanage farting as well?

Achilles

Arcane
Well put Azrael. I felt the same way about pointless things in GTA IV like TV and dating. A waste of the developers' time and resources.

Deleted member 7219

Azrael the cat said:
I had a housemate once who used to deliberately do that - if it was after a working day he'd be in a suit, so when the kid inevitably ran to their mother to say 'that man farted on me, on purpose' the mother wouldn't believe him/her. He actually got one little kid smacked using that method, and then smacked again when the kid tried to tell his mother that he pulled a finger at him when she wasn't looking.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Jim Profit

Educated
Luzur said:
it used to be Monty Python, but now its farting on someones head.
>>Implying monty python is good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom