Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your most anticipated RPG sequel?

Your most anticipated RPG sequel?

• The Elder Scrolls 6

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Arcanum 2

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Fallout: New Vegas sequel

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • The Age of Decadence 2: Miltiades Rising

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • Underrail II

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Tavernking's RPG

• Neverwinter Nights 3

• Divinity Original Sin 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baldur's Gate 3

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • ELEX 2

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance sequel

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Fallout 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atom RPG 2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Josh Sawyer's Darklands spiritual successor

• Pillars of Eternity 3

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other (please say)

Votes: 19 12.4%

• Total voters

Darth Canoli

Arcane
  1. Sirtech's Wizardry 9
  2. Troïka's ToEE 2

In the list, my favorites are :
- ATOM RPG 2, would be great if the combat system was improved further.
- AoD 2 if party-based.
- Arcanum 2 but only with a class system and ToEE combat system/engine.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Now, if The Industry could just take a look at the results of this poll, and realize that this is the only information they need when it comes to RPG demographics and interest, we could bask in a golden age. But no one cares what the fanbase wants, we'll just get more voice acting and black elves.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Why would someone vote for Elex? Boring game with horrible balance (you either 1-2 shot enemy or do like 1% damage to hp, nothing in middle).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If Obsidian can do another Fallout game, and actually put the same quality writing and quest design in (not a given due to their changes in staff), on the Fallout 4 version of the engine with much better combat (or an even newer version), then that would be by far the most exciting thing on that list for me. Hence that's what I picked. However even though I'd give an Obsidian Fallout game 50/50 odds, I don't think the odds are anywhere near 50% it's that good due to changes at Obsidian, so... not a realistic expectation. Similarly if Bloodlines 2 is a real Bloodlines 2 it would be amazing, but I'm assuming it won't be.

This is ignoring Arcanum 2, which I am assuming is a joke or something as I've never heard of it. Maybe once I hit the post reply button I'll google it and be shocked and amazed it's a thing.

More realistic excitement... Elex 2 I guess. I have a weak spot for PB design and dialog.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don’t really care much for sequels anymore.

Unless it was Dreamweb 2 made as an RPG.
Or B.A.T. 3 that stood relatively faithful to its gameplay and presentation roots, and built an RPG upon that.

...or... Police Quest 5: The RPG

Aemar

Arcane
Chaos Chronicles 2: Ashes of the Fallen.

Baldur's Gate 3, the real Baldur's Gate 3, not the Soy Edition.

urmom

Learned
ATOM 2
KCD 2
ELEX 2
AOD 2
Underrail 2

I'm glad most of these high quality developers are still in business making RPGs at all.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Expeditions 3, KotC 2 and AoD 2 (which could be the next Iron Tower title after Colony Ship, according to VD).

Tancred

Learned
Of the options on the list, it's a toss up between KCD 2 and ATOM 2 for me.

I'll probably check out Colony Ship, and I'd still be interested in another Deus Ex game to finish where Mankind Divided left off.

Also, Jade Empire 2 or KOTOR 3/SW1313 would be nice, but they would be done by a Current Year developer + publisher so who cares. Better off staying dead.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I really enjoyed the first one, but I thought I heard the second was massive decline. I avoided it for that reason.

If you're left with playing Queen's Wishes, Wrath of the Backers, Pillows of Eternity 2 and Blackguards 2, just play Blackguards 2...
The first one was quite good, the second one is still decent.

Or find a new mistress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom