Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ze Witcher - E3 trailer bonanza

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Unreal Tournament came out in 2001, and it looked a lot better than NWN did in 2002.

Ausir

Arcane
Awesoeme graphics in Witcher has nothing to do with Aurora. Their graphics engine was done from scratch.

Balor

Arcane
Volourn == owned twice.
However, I do think that it was just a flame bait. No man can be this stupid. Period.
On the other hand, Volo may be a woman (I wonder what's her hair color, then) or a mischevious alien from outer space, so the chance is not zero.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Yea, that video is pretty badass. When is the game supposed to come out?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
jiujitsu said:
Yea, that video is pretty badass. When is the game supposed to come out?
Up to recently most folks thought Autumn 2005, but one of the guys working on the script gave an interview for the Polish biggest daily newspaper and said that "the game won't be ready for a year". This hasn't been confirmed and ppl on the official forum say that the guy is working outside of the studio and is not sufficiently informed about the state of the game.

GrudgeHolder

Novice
On the other hand, for the last two months CD PROJEKT has been running those full-page ads in Polish game rags, exhorting ppl with any programming/scripting/gfx experience whatsoever (or hopes of gaining same) to come join the WITCHER team. "You and your younger sister can be a part of the Wtcher magic!" If this does not sound desperate, what does?

BTW - hi all!

Elwro

Arcane
Hi!

Yeah, I also wondered about that. Either they have lost half of their team or they're thinking about expanding.

Fresh

Erudite
GrudgeHolder said:
On the other hand, for the last two months CD PROJEKT has been running those full-page ads in Polish game rags, exhorting ppl with any programming/scripting/gfx experience whatsoever (or hopes of gaining same) to come join the WITCHER team. "You and your younger sister can be a part of the Wtcher magic!" If this does not sound desperate, what does?

BTW - hi all!

Well that sounds crap. I hope there's a good explanation.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I, for one, raise a skeptical eyebrow that any of this matters. Idiot gamers may buy RPGs for the graphics, but gameplay is truly king. So what if Neverwinter Nights had bad or dated graphics? Good graphics wouldn't have made the game any better, and probably would have made it harder for modders to make the game worth anything.

So, I want to hear about gameplay, not see pretty screen shots or videos. Though hearing about gameplay is something promised but not always delivered.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
NWN is awesome. The game play is awesome. Aurora is awesome.

Deal with it SUCKAS!

Elwro

Arcane
Greatatlantic said:
I, for one, raise a skeptical eyebrow that any of this matters. Idiot gamers may buy RPGs for the graphics, but gameplay is truly king.
Yeah, but Shiny GFX are important for E3 and E3 is important for finding a publisher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom