Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

You aren't meeting your casualty quota, korenzel! 1 death on a terror mission is just despicable.

Trash said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Are you using UFO Extender? That should make everything work correctly. The TFTD version is somewhat alpha, but it seems to do enough to get everything running fine in W7.

Yup. Windows version of UFO just won't start in Windows 7 though. With or without extender. Old dos one runs like a charm in dosbox though.

Try turning the D3D option on if it isn't. I think the default config file defaults to everything off, you have to turn on what you want yourself. You may also want D3D windowed mode on, my mouse seems to mess up a bit in fullscreen.

TripJack

Hedonist
hey guise im trying to play xcom 1 again for the first time in ages

im using xcomutil this time around, but should i patch to 1.4 or stay at 1.2

Ashery

Prophet
eklektyk isn't bothered by the extreme distance, and score another hit, and this time a kill.

Not surprising considering the amount of practice he's had on his fellow soldiers.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The journalists were all on holiday on Seychelles Island when the aliens attacked. All the reporters met with... "nasty" accidents and did not survive.

New reporters with a more positive bias towards X-COM are being brought in as we speak.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Unfortunately, during the Seychelles Incident, our journalists are busy covering an exclusive preview report on X-Com's latest R&D Advances. Even if we wanted to cover the news, all flights to Seychelles are stopped at the moment of attack.

Apologies to our faithful readers. We'll bring in the news when the next printout is ready.

-The Sunshine Editorial Team

03.jpg

Other papers are much better at delivering the real deal.

04.jpg

:salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I hereby formally request our drill-tech be renamed to something more XTREME and awe-inspiring.

I'm thinking something like RAPESPIKES or possibly Rance-Lances.

lightbane

Arcane
Awesome article :lol:, but knowing EA, wouldn't they (and therefore Bioware) join the aliens to help them oppress humanity?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
lightbane said:
Awesome article :lol:, but knowing EA, wouldn't they (and therefore Bioware) join the aliens to help them oppress humanity?

By the time the aliens rise from the sea in 2040, EA will be long gone milking Bioware dry and tossing them away like a used sock after furious masturbation. Biowares last game was Mass Effect 18, in which a rogue asari geneticist joins forces with the underground Geth Liberation Movement and ressurects the reapers using technology recovered from the remains of Saren. The game starts with the Normandy exploding in the citadel, but Shephard is cloned from samples preserved last time he had his hair cut. The game addressed many of the major complaints fans had about Mass Effect 17, and now contains regenerating Awesome Buttons, deployable chest-high walls and Mole-a-vision for cinematic popping. Despite this, the mediocre gay romance plots resulted in bad reviews, with IGN giving a score as low as 8.7 and Gamespy only giving it 4½ stars.

In an ironic twist of fate, Obsidian bought the remains of Bioware and turned them into a respected, if minor producer of military-grade armaments. They often create hightly innovative and effective close-range weapons. But they are prone to overheating and exploding in their users face. An underground community of weapons modification experts often fixes the most glaring technical deficiences with "community patchworks" after a few months.

pajak713

Educated
RIP Bane II Humanity , we'll never know why you chose that name.

Well, he was kind of depressed and misanthropic.
Too bad he was so depressed to get himself killed in his first mission.
Perhaps his grandfather, Banelion, will be more successful? He would certainly like to avenge his grandson.

Keep up the good fight, dear sir. I :salute: you.

Achilles

Arcane
This is wonderful LP Korenzel, you are a true bro. :salute: If you need any more soldiers at some point, sign me up!

RK47's news are hilarious, good job man!

Yeesh

Magister
X-Com LPs are so bittersweet. RTS, RPG, strategy games, even roguelikes are all still being actively produced, but games like X-Com and Jagged Alliance are examples of a dead genre. The most awesome genre of all, but no less dead for it.

I know, the Russians tried with BE5 and 7.62, but those just didn't even come close to having the same feel. Will there ever be another game like this again?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeesh said:
I know, the Russians tried with BE5 and 7.62, but those just didn't even come close to having the same feel. Will there ever be another game like this again?

http://www.xenonauts.com/ does several things right, but can't really say anything about the "feel" yet. One can only hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom