Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

must have FO3 mods

I remember seeing a list here but the search engine is really fuck up.

So I just acquired FO3 for the pc and was wondering what should I get for a codexian experience. I've seen some lists but I trust you guys better. If someone can use search and find me the topic that's okay too.

I also can't start the game because of a problem with xlive.dll. Google here i come

Talonfire

Scholar
For the xlive.dll issue, you need to have Windows Live installed to play the game.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Clockwork Knight said:
I remember seeing a list here but the search engine is really fuck up.

So I just acquired FO3 for the pc and was wondering what should I get for a codexian experience. I've seen some lists but I trust you guys better. If someone can use search and find me the topic that's okay too.

I also can't start the game because of a problem with xlive.dll. Google here i come

Get the XFO mod, it lets you modify all kinds of settings to make the game better and more challenging.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Wasn't there a mod that made FO3 turn-based? I haven't tried it out, so I don't if it was shit or not.

Black

Arcane
Uninstall wizard is pretty much the only must-have.

Multi-headed Cow

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761 FWE. Absolute best rebalance mod. Doesn't go completely fucking batshit insane adding new things like FOOK, and makes the game a hell of a lot more interesting. I'd also suggest using the sub-mod that requires sleeping, eating, and drinking, but it depends how much LARP you've got in you. I prefer using it because then you no longer get health from food or water, and instead occasionally get massive rads from having to stuff your gob. Makes the radiation system in the game better and actually makes you use radaway more often.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3211 Mart's Mutant Mod adds new enemies to the game while remaining vaguely Fallout-esque. Fallout-esque basically sums up Fallout 3, so if you don't mind having new fast moving night ghouls and shit then it feels in-character with the rest of Fallout 3. Not bad.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3388 Weapon Mod Kits. Lets you find and/or buy things like silencers, scopes, laser sites and bigger magazines. Not Earth shattering but it's fairly cool, and weapon mods are rare enough and expensive enough that a tweaked weapon tends to feel more special to you.

If you can get those three playing together the game feels a hell of a lot better. Sort of a more mutant infested, stupider AI S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with just as bad dialog. Only problem is I haven't been able to get them to work together very well and the game crashes often. Annoying since I was having a good time. Oh yeah, and I'd suggest avoiding FOOK. It adds a lot of new items, but there's no balancing. At all. You'll kill a few bandits and find super magic armor loaded with improved stats and skills and some ultra-gun in no time.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fallout Interoperability Program. I used it to install FOOK, FWE, WMK, and MMM and they ran fine together.

Played it for a bit. The game is noticeably better, but I still stopped playing a few hours in. I think the modders need to do a bit more work to salvage this game.

5417-1-1238983815.jpg

6039-1-1241447975.jpg

kcdawg2.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yea I know FO3 sucks.. blah blah... Uninstall is the BEST mod r00fles!

TO be honest... Fallout 3 feels similar to like say Ultima 9 was. It is a FUCKING SHITTY/TRAVESTY of an Ultima (Fallout) game... In that it has NO relation to it's predecessors, but left on it's own... it's an OK... Action Game. But jebus fucking christmas is the dialogue fucking awful! Fuck me running. Seriously, I wish Mel of NWN2 Romance fame would even re-write the fucking shitty PC dialogue responses. ANYTHING is better than the default game. ugh.

They really should not have bought the Fallout license, and just made Capital Wasteland... but whatever.

ANYWAYS.............. A couple more nice finds:

XP gain sound replacement This gets rid of that fucking "Cash Register Sound" when you gain XP, and uses the default Fallout 1/2 sound.

Original levelup sound When leveling up, this uses the old default Fallout 1/2 sound.

SEXY!

Multi-headed Cow

Moira: Heeeey! I didn't hear you come in! Do you want to buy anything, or are you just browsing?

PC: I think I would like to buy something, I saw it over here in the back room past the mercenary. Could you take me back there to get a closer look?

Moira: Sure! Anything for my writing assistant!

*PC and Moira step back into room behind nameless guard*

Moira: Now, what were you looking for?

PC: Moira... It's you. I'm looking for you.

Moira: What? That's silly! I'm right here, in front of you!

PC: No, you don't understand. The harshness of the wasteland is too much for me, the constant, grinding poverty and struggle for life wears everyone down. But you, you're always happy. Always cheerful. I want to be with you.

Moira: Gosh, I... I don't know what to say...

PC: Shush my love, don't say anything. Let me wipe the brahmin dung from your cheek and then let us make love, away from the harsh burning son. Let us briefly forget the depressing world outside and share together a single moment of happiness far, far away.

*PC and Moira unclothe via scripts as their models mash together like action figures in the hands of a perverted child*

Fuck yeah. Gonna turn into the Melrinda of Fallout 3.

Multi-headed Cow

Either that or a Bioware writer.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeyoooooooooooooooooooo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom