Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets Play: LANDS OF LORE

Andhaira

Arcane
Lands of Lore, one of the brightest gems in the classical roleplaying basket. An rpg everyone enjoyed back in the day. Its never been lets played here on the codex, so I decided to rectify that starting today.

Without further ado, let us begin!

lands_006.png

The main title screen. Made by Westwood as you can see. *sigh*

lands_011.png

An evil and dank looking mine.

lands_012.png

A evil looking crone, It appears she is overseeing the mind.

lands_013.png

Whats this? One of her minions found this in the mine and brought it to her, after which she promptly destroyed him with a blast of wytchfire. She is not just a crone but a WITCH!

lands_014.png

Whats this? That strange jewel can allow her to change her form into whatever she wants! A powerful artifcat indeed.

lands_015.png

Now shes become a raven. Good for spying. Wow, this is turning out to be a powerful villain: sorcery powers, AND shapeshifting. Sure hope we don't have to tango with her!

lands_007.png

Now the scene changes to the lands. Far in the distance is Gladstone Keep which oversee's these lands. Its the fortress of the 'good guys'. A rider is seen approaching the Keep.

lands_008.png

He enters the keep.

lands_009.png

An emergency council of the king and his advisor.

lands_010.png

It appears the evil and powerful witch SCOTIA has found a powerful artifact, the NETHERMASK. Using it she and her foul armies could overrun the lands!!! As we saw, the nethermask gives Scotia great powers of shapeshifting, using which she can inflitrate and weaken the lands for her armies.

lands_000.png

The king decides he needs to send forth his champion on a most urgent mission. (This is basically character generation with a good choice. Fighter, Theif, Sorceror or Warrior-mage.) I choose Akshel the Sorceror. (who is half dragon btw) He is the most fun character in the game as magic rules.

lands_002.png

My choice is complete. Akshel now decides to introduce himself.

lands_004.png

lands_005.png

The game begins as we stands ready inside the keep to goto the throne room!

Let me know if you want me to do this lets play. Also let me know if you have played this great game or not.

Discuss!!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Played it and didn't like it.

Thought graphics were good, however.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
spell-fucking-check.

Oh, and please go on. I played it a bit back in the day but I don't remember much.

relootz

Scholar
Watched the entire LP on youtube. Great game.

Do continue Andhaira.

Wyrmlord said:
Emotional Vampire said:
Make all pics 2x bigger plz.
Don't do it - it will look very pixelated and crude.

After careful consideration, choosing between "looks pixelated and crude and that's how it looks when you fucking play it anyway you dumb fuck" and "can't see shit cap'n" I decide on the former.

darkling

Educated
You can always up the resolution with a scaler to make it look prettier too.. The game looks fantastic with HQ3x. I replayed this this summer as Conrad and am stuck in the same place I got stuck in when I played this game 15 years ago. :(

DraQ, I had a bad abandonware rip that did that too. My solution was to find a new one. :)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I actually think that Lands Of Lore is a bad choice for a LP thread with static pics, as are all the other related games like EOB, Dungeon Master, Anvil of Dawn and Stonekeep.

It's the game's viewpoint. It's very hard to keep track of where the player is going and whether he actually is moving. As a result, any LP of these games will seem like a series of non-connected events...and truth be told, these events aren't really interesting when out of cohesion.

Also, you'll miss out on the awesome music.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Playing as Kieran equals playing the game on Hard.

A higher Dodge skill means nothing if you gimp your magic and strength and give up the option to wear boots.

Andhaira

Arcane
Actually it has more rpg features than it might seem at start up. For example, there is choices and consequences. You can easily drop items you will need later.

Kieran is the second least fun to play with though (least fun being Michael)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom