Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Codexian Blood Bowl League

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Introduction

Hullo, Trannies and Gentlemen.

As Mantiis posted in Strategy Gaming, the 2nd season Codexian Blood Bowl League will soon be underway. Since I'll be participating, this is the thread where - once we get started - I'll post smack talk and match reports of every single game I'll be playing. I invite other coaches who are participating to do the same. I'll do my best to keep this first post updated with league stats and links to games that have been played.

Suggested Reading
Since some of the people participating in the league are fairly new to the game - and there's a good chance they'll check out this Let's Play - I've compiled a small potpurri of useful links to brush up on your game:
The Living Rulebook: The game rules. In paticular, it's worth looking over the descriptions of skills and modifiers for ball handling
The Taoch of Blood Bowl: A handy newbies guide with general advice to avoid causing unnessecary turn-overs. Required reading if you've played less than 100 games ;)
The Art of Blocking: A hugely useful article, de-mystifying one of the most crucial and most confusing aspects of the game
Cage Basics and Cage breaking A nice explanation on caging. You're going to see this tactic implemented fairly often, and learning to counter it will help

List of teams
Coach___________Race_______[pre]
toastboy Pro Elves
Grotsnik Lizardmen
CrimsonAngel Nurgle
Exmit D0rfs
Undead Phoenix Chaos
Castanova High Elves
OldSkoolKamikaze Goblins :obviously:
Ulminati Orcs
Mantiis Vampires
PussyCat669 Amazons
root Khemri
ComradeCommisar Undead
desocupado Humans
shuma Skaven
Grunker Necromantic
Dirk Diggler Dark Elves
Scratchmonkey Norse
[/pre]

League standings

See this post instead

List of Team Profiles

Aiming for Maiming -- Ulminati
The Dexian Deadheads -- ComradeCommisar
The Furious Furries -- Undead Phoenix
Receivers of the Blessing -- CrimsonAngel
The Dandy Fops -- Toastboy
Drunkn Dex Dorfz -- Exmit
Reptilian New World Order -- grotsnik
Choices and Consequences -- Castanova
Mojave Dusters -- root
Codex All-Stars -- OldSkoolKamikaze
The Bloody Thrallers -- Mantiis
Dead Money -- Grunker
Ragnarock and Roll -- Scratchmonkey

List of game reports

UndeadPhoenix (Chaos) vs toastboy (Pro elves)
OSK (Goblins) vs Root (Khemri)
Pussycat669 (Amazons) vs Ulminati (Orcs)
CrimsonAngel (Nurgle) vs Grunker (Necro)
Mantiis (Vampire) vs Castanova(High Elf)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Aiming For Maiming

bble2011010204092938.jpg

bble2011010204085987.jpg

Behold the future champions! These fierce and savage orcs have been named after paticularly :monocle:d Codexians as a means to appease Nuffle. Planned future additions include Racofer the Black Orc and Andhaira the Goblin (so FSM will have something to eat).

I'm a bit worried about the low(ish) number of rerolls -- people who followed my old Let's Play can testify I have an uncanny knack for rolling double skulls and failing 2+ rolls. But hopefully our strong starting lineup of 4 blitzers with block as well as the Sure Hands on spekkio will allow us to play fairly safe.

Conventional logic would be to start with more black orcs as they are harder to skill than blitzers. But since we're heading straight into a tourney without teambuilding matches, I think we're better off keeping the number of rookie Black Orcs low.

BB_illus_2nd_hand_20.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I approve of this thread. :thumbsup:

If I thought I'd be able to find the time, I might even join the league. I also have the legendary edition, but have next to no experience playing human opponents. :M

[EDIT] found another reason for not playing. I hate STEAM. :M

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
GO TEAM DEATHBUNNY!!!!

Every one else is excrement and there mothers have questionable relations with farm yard animals.

I will try to write a bit in my broken English and add to the thread.
ANY WAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Furious Furries

dlp9wk.jpg

35mo7iq.jpg

Under the watchful eyes of the Chaos Gods, failure will not be tolerated. The Furious Furries, understrength after a minor dispute with their Khornate duo - Fluffy and Juggernaut - over their style of play, shall be looking to quickly regain their former glory. Negotiations are undergoing to bring the estranged Khorne followers back into the team, but for now their rookie Beastmen have a chance to show what they can do. On the anvil of Blood Bowl they shall become champions of the Chaos Gods, or killed by their angry fans for one failure too many.

429pxbeastmenadriansmit.jpg

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
GO MY team!

NurgBloodbowlLineup3d.jpg

NurgLineupBloodbowlTeam.jpg

Now for those wondering what is different from a chaos team to a Nurgle team it is quite simple.

They are slower, cost more and there cannon footer are Prone to Injury and they can not get a apothecary.

On the other hand my warriors come with Regeneration, Disturbing Presence and Foul Appearance.
My BIG guy is considered one of the best in the game.
It is a BEAST OF NURGLE!!
It Comes with Regeneration, Tentacles, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance and its negative trait other then Loner is Really stupid.

I will go into what the different skill's dose when the games get under way to give a insight into Nurgle.
Even if i am far from a good Nurgle player.

220px-Nurglings.JPG

Here's hoping your Slugman brings lots of pain to those prancing elves and other such mashable teams. :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
4 Chaos warriors and a beast of nurgle means plenty of miasma for everyone! :D I predict lots of failed pickup rolls. Papa Nurgle is pleased with your choice.
BB_illus_SP_39.jpg

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Ulminati said:
4 Chaos warriors and a beast of nurgle means plenty of miasma for everyone! :D I predict lots of failed pickup rolls. Papa Nurgle is pleased with your choice.

I was originally thinking of going with something like 3-4 Warriors, 3 RR and a ton of Pestigors, but i thought what the hell this would be more FUN!.

ComradeCommissar said:
Here's hoping your Slugman brings lots of pain to those prancing elves and other such mashable teams.

Nurgle is not about violence it is about spreading the love.
Like some kind of STD spread by fisting a elf's face in.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
TASTE THE RAINBOW

team0k.jpg
team1o.jpg

I just played Nurgle vs. Nurgle and fielded only two warriors vs his four since I've opted for four Pestigors. Doesn't seem to be worth it, since Rotters aren't that much slower than Pestigors and you can level up Pestigors faster than warriors. Also you can get them earlier. Your roster looks good.

About the STD part: I killed two guys already in my two games: One with my Pestigor Syphilis and one with my Rotter Hepatitis B. :thumbsup:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
You should get a Deathroller.

Those are FUN!.
Not really worth the cost and yet EXTREMELY FUN!.

Exmit

Scholar
yea it's fun :M but i'd have to bribe the damn ref every time

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
CrimsonAngel said:
You should get a Deathroller.

Those are FUN!.
Not really worth the cost and yet EXTREMELY FUN!.

Deathrollers are indeed FUN.

They're best delayed until your 12th or 13th player though, as you're only going to be able to field them for one drive unless you bring bribes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You guys need to put some more effort into naming your players. No one will remember your player with a generic Blood Bowl name. Theme your team, baby!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In hindsight I'm already regretting grabbing player names from my old Let's Play team. I predict several duplicate player names when everyone else names their players after a bunch of Codexians.

grotsnik

Arcane
teamroster.png

Creeping out of their aristocratic palaces and White House solariums come the Reptilian New World Order, here to show their disdain for the puny Earthlings they rule over by playing Blood Bowl against them. All glory to the Reptilians!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Updated the OP with links to suggested reading for newer players and placeholder tables to display league standings. (For those unlucky sods that aren't playing and can't watch the league stats ingame).

10/16 players have had their teams registered, so we're probably looking at kickoff in a day or two.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Casanova is the first one to go down and we should all do out best to squash his Elves.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tsh. Castanova is the first one with a nice, original roster (name-wise). I fully support the high elves, for once.

Castanova

Prophet
root said:
you know all high elves apart from the catchers having AV8 is bullshit this will mess up my plans of world domination

Don't worry, I'm bad at this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom