Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let us read something... Majestic

Post rest of Casey issues?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Alright, as promised, some moar WildStorm comics. This time we're reading the Majestic solo series, with the first nine issues written by Joe Casey and the second volume of 17 issues written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning tag team.

Anyhoo, off we go.

Vaarna_Aarne

Ko4VK.jpg

fJDjP.jpg

j4MMN.jpg

aYME5.jpg

s446D.jpg

rvcDd.jpg

PHiCd.jpg

TGKC5.jpg

Iv7Qb.jpg

ReNf8.jpg

dCrTr.jpg

NBBXN.jpg

GmQXB.jpg

SMqUU.jpg

szNGj.jpg

oDwKi.jpg

J5jKc.jpg

zJv52.jpg

I1Kf5.jpg

4jau0.jpg

9IZm2.jpg

niXZ0.jpg

VAP14.jpg

DCmaa.jpg

7UEom.jpg

oE4s8.jpg

R40mc.jpg

2kUhZ.jpg

sG586.jpg

ifoJS.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Not really a date. An important aspect of Alan Moore's run on the WildCATs was setting up that Maxine, an Xtreme 90's hero, sees Majestic as the kind of father she never had (her biological father sexually abused her, part of which why she's got a few gears loose). Before they introduced Nemesis, it was already established that Majestic is a complete romantic no-go for the past three thousand years, considering humans ultimately a lower lifeform, and romantic involvement within the ranks as "unmanly." Nemesis served as something of a further explanation to this kind of behaviour on Majestic's part.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That first comic, Majestic reordering the solar system and all that, may well have the most extensive combination of stupidity and vapid boring material I have ever seen in a comic. But I don't read too many comics.

Majestic seems kind of a shitty hero with the whole Lawful Good act. Throwing a nuke into the sun and then going "never again"? Great writing there.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Brother None said:
That first comic, Majestic reordering the solar system and all that, may well have the most extensive combination of stupidity and vapid boring material I have ever seen in a comic.
Pretty much this. The first 2 issues were painful. It doesn't help that the flowery writing is atrocious.

Last one was fun in a stupid kind of way, but that may be because I like Maxine.

All in all though I much preferred Majestic when he gave those creepy stares, could hear a whisper from half a world away and was totally paranoid. (did he have a goatee then too?)

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, until the volcano gave him a shave. Joe Casey's run is more of a throwback to the Silver Age, but I kind of like it since it's just fun stories. Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning write a more serious story.

Vaarna_Aarne

abnaxus said:
Why did you post this and not Planetary?
Planetary is something you can buy easily. And people wanted the Dan Abnett run. So first they have to deal with Silver Age homage. I personally appreciate this part too, though Abnett & Lanning's run is the obviously better one.

Vaarna_Aarne

And of course you're supposed to bump until the next page if you ain't got nothing left to DISCUSS!!

PS: Update tonight, the update following it will be the end of Joe Casey's solo series.

PPS: Screw you SCO.

Vaarna_Aarne

Kids and Silver Age nostalgia-fags. And since kids don't read comics anymore, it's Silver Age nostalgia-fags.

Personally I find the need for "adult" material in order to appreciate a comic rather inane. Joe Casey's run is still fun harmless adventure with nifty ideas. But with the reaction I guess next page we switch to the Abnett & Lanning run.

SoupNazi

.............................. Majestrate ............................

fuck me square

Vaarna_Aarne

Radisshu said:
I... dislike this.
I've taken notice. We'll skip the last three issues (which I haven't read either btw, they weren't collected) and go straight to the Abnett run.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Nah go on, post the last 3. I'm curious whether they can get any worse.

Besides the prison ship one had a pretty lulzy twist. The others were awful though. The Y2K one was bad enough (especially since, as predicted, absolutely nothing actually happened at the turn) but Majestrate Jr? Really?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom