Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Sword Legacy: Omen, a tactical RPG set in a weird Arthurian Britain
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Mon 10 July 2017, 21:45:56Tags: Firecast Studio; Sword Legacy: Omen; Team17
Sword Legacy: Omen is an upcoming turn-based tactical RPG from Brazilian indie developer Firecast Studio, that's set in a weird technologically advanced ("candlepunk") version of Arthurian Britain called "Broken Britannia". Well, pre-Arthurian actually. It appears to be a kind of prequel to the legend of King Arthur, with a grimdark Uther Pendragon as its main character. The game has actually been in development since 2014, but only popped up on our radar now due to the recent announcement of a publishing deal with Team17 (yeah, the Worms guys). It's got an official website and there's a press release with more details floating around, but the best source of information about Sword Legacy I've been able to find is this old press kit site. But first, the new trailer:
STORY & GAMEPLAY
A once-thriving kingdom full of alchemical and technological advances, now fragmented by intrigue and deceit. When murder and betrayal assault the lord of Mercia, a guilt-ridden knight and an eldritch sorcerer set on a journey of vengeance to discover the mysterious origin of a plague and dispense justice by fulfilling an ancient prophecy.
These are dark times. The lord of Mercia has been assassinated, your love kidnapped, and your home is no more. As the leader of the party, you assume the role of Uther and his seven companions. Throughout your quest, you will have to face many trials and forge uneasy alliances in order acquire the mythical Excalibur sword and defeat the sinister and power-obsessed duke of Wessex.
Prove your worth as a tactician by exploring all five realms and dangerous locations, such as villages, dungeons, forests, and much more. Survive ambushes and rescue those in need by making use of each character’s abilities to solve riddles and vanquish your foes. It is up to you define the fate of Britannia… but at what cost?
Combat in Sword Legacy: Omen is always a challenge. As a strategist, you will need to plan your course of action with four characters at a time per quest. However, be ready to adapt and improvise because combat results always change based on the chosen abilities and the chances of landing an attack.
- Tactical Combat: Learn the importance of strategic positioning to unleash powerful talent combos.
- Free Exploration: When not in combat, investigate the environment, find treasures, solve riddles, and uncover secrets.
- Party Customization: Adapt characters to your play style, manage your team, and progress by unlocking over 70 unique skills.
- Hordes of Enemies and Unique Bosses: Fight a variety of vicious mobs and face powerful monsters in grueling battles.
- Stress System: Use all your might to become victorious, but deplete your willpower and witness your heroes fall prey to panic.
- Old-School Art Style With a Dark Twist: Relive the beautiful aesthetic of classic animations fused with the visuals of obscure and gothic comics.
- A Different Take on a Classic Myth: Experience the Arthurian legends as never before, as classic characters and places are revamped, in a mature storyline of vengeance, alchemy and retro technology.
- Positioning Matters: Strike from high ground, flank your opponents, and use overwatch to always have the upper hand.
- Interactive Environment: Study your surroundings and make deadly moves by blowing up explosive barrels and pushing enemies off edges.
- Your heroes are special: Their might exceeds those of ordinary people, so use their willpower to increase stats and get extra Action Points!
- No one is safe: Be warned, deplete your willpower and risk the consequences of having your heroes fall prey to panic.
- Overkill: Deal massive damage and perform gruesome assassinations to strike fear into your enemies.