Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Aeon of Sands - The Trail Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 5 December 2018, 01:22:25Tags: Aeon of Sands - The Trail; Two Bits Kid
Today's second release is Two Bits Kid's Aeon of Sands - The Trail. It's a surreal, story-driven dungeon crawler with CYOA elements and a comic book aesthetic, which has apparently been in development for six years. Pretty wild stuff. This is the sort of game the Codex should have paid more attention to, and probably would have if it wasn't a blobber (and a real-time one at that). It's not too late to make amends, though. Zed posted the release trailer back in October, so I'll just quote the game's description here:
The game follows the misadventures of a likeable slacker, who is suddenly thrown out of his cozy home into a terrible, infinite desert that seems to hate him.
Accompany the vain, nap-loving clerk Setrani through his first major adventure.
Guide him on his travels through a dangerous land, ravaged by the weather and by tribal conflicts. Struggle with him as the desert, wickedly, sets trap after trap on his path.
The story is driven by multiple-choice dialogues, in which you are repeatedly confronted with new absurd situations.
Based on your decisions, new areas can be explored while others become inaccessible, you meet new companions or make enemies of them.
It's basically Choose Your Own Adventure featuring Dungeon Crawling!
“One of the most brilliant pieces of design I’ve seen in forever“ Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Choose your path, or stumble around blindly! Let nonlinearity be your pal!
- Replay it! Do it differently all over, and still manage to sabotage civilisation!
- Travel the large desert like there's no tomorrow!
- Play with magic, which is most often as dangerous to you as to others!
- Face multiple endings, and more often, your own!
- Real-time combat
- 20 locations and more than 60 mazes and dungeons to explore
- More than 140 dialogues
- Completely hand drawn 2.5D environment, 240 hand-drawn illustrations
- Up to 2 other characters can join your party during play
- Each character’s personality influences the outcome of the story, and opens up new paths