Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is the latest tactical RPG from the Trese Brothers, now on Kickstarter
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 4 February 2020, 00:19:38Tags: Cyber Knights: Flashpoint; Trese Brothers
Cory and Andrew Trese AKA the Trese Brothers have been creating various flavors of tactical RPG since 2010. They started out small on mobile platforms and have slowly worked their way up the evolutionary chain with ever more elaborate and PC-centric titles. Their first game to really make an impression on us was 2018's Star Traders: Frontiers, but Cyber Knights: Flashpoint looks like it's on an entirely different level. As you might guess it's a tactical cyberpunk mercenary type game, and a distant followup to the original Cyber Knights mobile RPG. As with Star Traders: Frontiers, Cory and Andrew have decided to gather some additional funding for its development on Kickstarter. Here's the pitch video and description from the game's Steam page:
Explore the dystopian cyberpunk future of 2231 as you command a company of shadow mercenaries working for the highest bidder. Cyber Knights wraps a world full of consequential story choices and significant character development around a rich core of classic and new mechanics. The game combines tactical elements like stealth, hacking and tense combat with strategic features like base building, contact management and in-depth squad customization. Cyber Knights invites you to jack in and explore a unique cyberpunk world and the immersive, human stories of your merc team in the dark future of 2231.
- Turn-based Tactics: Deep and tactical gameplay using a turn-based, gridless third-person combat simulator. Cover! Overwatch! Recoil!
- Dynamic Cyberpunk Story: Unique interwoven narrative with depth, meaningful player choices and hundreds of hours of gameplay
- Sophisticated Missions: Combine stealth, hacking and combat across multi-stage missions. Gain pre-mission advantages from Contacts
- Endless of Builds: Experiment with endless combos of Jobs, cyberware, weapons and gadgets to build the perfect team
- Evolving Characters: Your team evolves as the story, your choices and battle leave lasting wounds, add Traits and threaten to strip their humanity
- Safehouse Base Building: Construct a custom safehouse and upgrade rooms such as weapon shop, hund kennel and medical bay.
Cyber Knights strikes a unique tone with a futuristic setting that has passed through the messy near-future to arrive at dystopian 2231. Man-made environmental disasters have ravaged our biosphere. Artificial consciousness has been created, subsequently murdered, and then strictly outlawed at a global level. Megacorporate colonies and research stations dot the solar system from Venus to Jupiter. Quantum computing has radically altered the digital landscape and the very meaning of privacy and digital security.
The game's threaded stories originate from both inside and outside your team -- weaving together threads from your hired mercenaries, criminal connections and history that just won’t die. These stories operate on three interconnected and at times overlapping levels -- personal stories (your team), contact stories (your employers) and event stories (city-wide).
And every choice you make and mission you run will impact your character's permanent Traits, changing them in both subtle and big ways. Their stories and your choices combine to create a unique narrative for every game, every Knight and every team.