Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
StarCrawlers returns with single character cyberpunk dungeon crawler StarCrawlers Chimera
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 15 December 2020, 21:15:17Tags: Juggernaut Games; StarCrawlers Chimera
You might remember StarCrawlers, a sci-fi themed dungeon crawler that was somewhat popular on our forums a few years back. Developer Juggernaut Games has kept a fairly low profile since that game was released in 2017, but in fact they never stopped supporting it (including a graphics update released as recently as this May). Today they're finally ready to unveil their next project, StarCrawlers Chimera, a cyberpunk dungeon crawler set in the same universe. In the StarCrawlers tradition, Chimera will feature turn-based combat and procedurally generated levels, but unlike its predecessor it's a single character game apparently set in a single dungeon, the Chimera BioPharma complex. Here's the game's reveal trailer and the description from its Steam page:
A lucrative offer. A simple job. Infiltrate Chimera.
The Client wants you to enter the Chimera BioPharma complex and find Dr. Cerberus.
Being a morally-ambiguous mercenary type with a unique skill set and a need for credits, this seems like a good idea.
Build your character from a variety of skill trees inspired by the StarCrawlers universe, grab some gear, and jump in. Grow your power and level up to unlock new abilities, gear, and secrets as you fight your way into the Chimera building.
- Wage tactical turn-based RPG battles against futuristic enemies.
- Procedurally-generated floors provide new challenges and rewards.
- Choose your own difficulty mode - with optional permadeath.
- 100+ abilities and 25+ skill trees to customize your play style with Muscle, Guile, and Intellect skills.
- 20+ different enemy types and rare spawns with unique abilities and loot.
- 20+ weapons of different rarities ranging from plasma rifles to carbonite blades to scintillating donuts.
- 30+ items of gear to stop your insides from becoming outsides.
- More features added with each new content patch!