Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Paradise Cracked hits the States
Game News - posted by Saint_Proverbius on Fri 3 October 2003, 17:33:14Tags: Buka Entertainment; Paradise Cracked
Buka's tactical CRPG/cyber-dungeon crawl/whatever, Paradise Cracked, has hit the shelves in the United States with a little help from co-publisher, Tri Synergy. Here's a the release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PARADISE CAN BE FOUND ON YOUR LOCAL GAME RETAILERS SHELVES
Dallas, TX ? October 3, 2003 ? Tri Synergy, a leading co-publisher of interactive entertainment software and Buka Entertainment a leading Russian publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software announced today that the PC game Paradise Cracked is available at North American retail stores nationwide.
Paradise Cracked finds the player in a future where the world has suffered from many years of overpopulation and ecological destruction, until the leading scientists created Cyber Brain - a supercomputer that solved all the global problems and turned the overpopulated and polluted Earth into Paradise. You are a young hacker. Once, while in cyberspace you managed to break into a secured area and came across a series of strange data packets. You hurriedly copied these to disk, not even having the time to read their contents. Only a few minutes later you hear a police siren, followed by banging on the door and demands to open up.
- Paradise Cracked with its rich and compelling Sci Fi story is an RPG\Tactical strategy game that is played out in a vivid, futuristic, 3D isometric world.
- The creation of this Breath-taking adventure was inspired by the great works of William Gibson, Philip K. Dick, and the movies "Blade Runner", "Matrix" and "Ghost in the Shell"
- The advanced 3D graphic engine implements a revolutionary free floating camera that ensures the player will be completely immersed in the Paradise Cracked universe.
- A wide variety of weapons and ammo allows the player several choices as to how they investigate and complete the tasks and missions.
- Hi-Tech special cyber-devices increase a player?s abilities and opportunity to overcome the limitations of the human body.
- A Completely open ended Non-linear mission structure. Actions and choices in a current mission will dictate the order of all upcoming missions. This randomness will keep the game exciting and fresh.
- A realistic physics model with destroyable objects and deformable terrain.
About TRI SYNERGY, INC.
Founded in Dallas, TX in 1996, Tri Synergy is a computer and video game co-publishing company offering software developers an indispensable alternative to traditional affiliate label and licensing programs. Tri Synergy actively encourages the creative process by relieving the developer of the time constraints inherent in managing the business factions of publishing a successful software title. Tri Synergy coordinates every key step for the developer including sales services, distribution, vendor relations, marketing, public relations, manufacturing, packaging, inventory management, fulfillment and more. Notable recent releases are, among others, Anarchy Online, The Longest Journey and Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. Tri Synergy
About BUKA ENTERTAINMENT
Buka Entertainment is one of the leading leisure software publishers and developers in Russia. Buka Entertainment was founded in 1994 as a distributor of computer and video games. Six years ago the company entered the publishing business with its own title and since that time Buka Entertainment reached notable success in game-making industry. Today our games are distributed in 60 countries of the world.
Welp, it's something to check out when you get tired of Temple of Elemental Evil's fantasy turn based combat, I guess.
Spotted this at Blue's News