Night Watch Officially Official
Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Night Watch Officially Official
Game News - posted by Exitium on Wed 27 April 2005, 19:33:42Tags: Night Watch; Nival Interactive
Nival Interactive, the masters behind Silent Storm, Etherlords and the upcoming Heroes of Might and Magic V announces the official development of Night Watch, an upcoming tactical turn-based RPG set in the epic universe of Others, based on the Night Watch novels by popular Russian author Sergey Lukyanenko.
The official website is online, with screenshots, animations, information about the game and forums. The following is the press release of Night Watch announcing the game:
Nival Interactive is pleased to announce Night Watch - its new tactic RPG set in the epic universe of Others.
Join the Night Watch and step out to protect the case of Light using all your magic power! Get ready to step into thrilling magic battles in two parallel realities - in real locations of modern Moscow and in the Dusk, the Other layer of reality filled with magic. As you gain experience your power will grow - and you will choose a type of Other you want to be out of three, Shapeshifter, Enchanter and Mage, each of them having its own special spells and abilities. Magic battles in reality and in the Dusk and twisted plot with unexpected turns will make your service in the Night Watch an unforgettable adventure and a captivating challenge.
Night Watch Key Features:
* Strong RPG system: you start the game as an Other of the initial 7th level and gain new abilities with each new level;
* Three lines of your character development: Shapeshifter, Enchanter and Mage, with specific abilities for each type;
* About 70 various spells and special abilities provide for great tactic diversity in each particular situation;
* Detailed characters have their own thoughts, desires and fears and step into different relations with each other;
* References to the blockbuster movie Night Watch: meet familiar characters and find out what was left behind the movie scenes;
* Thrilling plot with unexpected turns and complex intrigues adds even more challenge to your adventure;
* Destructible environment opens more tactical varieties and makes the magic battles look even more spectacular!
For more details on the upcoming game please visit the official web-site at www.nival.com/nightwatch/
About Nival Interactive
Nival Interactive is Russia's leading game developer, and also the largest, with four development teams and a staff of over 140 dedicated professionals. Since its inception in 1996, Nival Interactive has been earned critical acclaim worldwide both by press and gamers for an impressive lineup of highly successful titles including Rage of Mages, Etherlords, Blitzkrieg and Silent Storm series, all backed by our genuine commitment to creativity and innovation. For more information about Nival Interactive and our games visit www.nival.com
It sounds pretty interesting. Although there's no details on when the game will be released, it's probable that the game will be released sometime later this year, or early in 2006.