Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Emotional Engagement Penetrates Strategy Genre
Game News - posted by VentilatorOfDoom on Mon 12 December 2011, 11:17:47Tags: BioWare
It's more of a topic for TCancer actually (looking forward to Jason's coverage of the game) but I thought I'd bring you the great news anyway: BioWare is developing Command & Conquer: Generals 2.
In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.
• All-Out War — Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
• Uncanny Sense of Realism — Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
• New Ways to Dominate or Ally with Your Friends — Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
• Thrilling Campaign — Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives — from heroic General to crazed terrorist — while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
• Ever-Evolving Experience — Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.
Los Angeles, California – December 10, 2011 – In a world left without political leaders, only the generals remain! Tonight at the Spike Video Game Awards, BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), announced the studio’s newest project, Command & Conquer™ Generals 2. Powered by Frostbite™ 2, Generals 2 will feature cutting-edge visuals, sound, and destruction that will bring a new level of fidelity to strategy games. Fans will get a first look at the new Generals 2 during the Spike TV VGAs at 8:00pm EST*. Featuring the franchise’s patented blend of pulse-pounding action and intelligent gameplay, Command & Conquer Generals 2 once again puts players in the middle of an all-out war between three unique factions. Command & Conquer Generals 2 is being developed by a new BioWare studio, BioWare Victory, and is coming exclusively to the PC in 2013.
“We’re bringing BioWare’s vision for emotionally engaging gameplay and great attention to quality to the strategy genre and the Command & Conquer franchise,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager of EA’s BioWare label. “I am excited to welcome BioWare Victory to our label. They are a great addition and the team is working hard to make sure Generals 2 truly immerses and engages players into this intense, gritty, modern war experience.”
Intense, gritty and emotionally engaging.
Spotted at: Gamebanshee