Age of Decadence March Update
Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Age of Decadence March Update
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 11 April 2014, 19:04:06Tags: Iron Tower Studio; The Age of Decadence; Vince D. Weller
The Early Access version of The Age of Decadence received an update today, and with it, an official update on the Iron Tower forums. It's a major update, with no less than five new locations in the game. I'll quote the descriptions of three of them:
Welcome to update #4. It’s a ‘major’ update for us (and a big chunk of content, bringing the number of available locations to 15 out of 22) and we’d like to introduce it properly to make sure that the players won’t miss the new locations (which is easy to do since the game is non-linear). Without further ado:
The Library of Saross
Available only if you talked to Abukar the Mad and learned about his trip to the Library. It’s an important location because:
- You finally get to use that sphere you found at the beginning of the game (IF you found it)
- You learn more information, provided you can get into the hidden chamber and translate the message
- You can unlock an optional and very creepy (but extremely rewarding) ending. Naturally, you don’t get that ending right away, but you unlock the path that can lead you to it. If you have the balls.
- Unlock the Arch and Inferiae locations.
There are two ways to unlock it: the above-mention Library or faithful service to Lord Meru. Since the latter isn’t available yet, look for the clues at the library. So, what makes this location special and why should you care?
- You should. You really, really should. It’s that place where you wave Kansas good-bye.
- You will finally be able to use both the eye and the glove. How exciting.
- You will meet your old pal Esbenus. Unless you killed him, in which case you’ll miss out on a beautiful relationship.
- You will make new friends. Powerful friends. From the other side.
- You can unlock Inferiae in case you failed to do so at the Library.
You can unlock this location by becoming a repeat customer of the healer (heavy wounds only). Impressed by your badassery (or at least your ability to survive the most grievous of injuries), the healer will ask you to fetch an ancient elixir that will improve your self-esteem and cellular regeneration, whatever that is.
Points of interest:
- Ancient mysteries and sacred liquids
- Chambers deep inside a mountain
- Huge doors that can’t be opened by mortal hands
- Moral choices (must have morals in the first place to qualify), otherwise just join the raiders and have yourself a lovely day, full of plundering and pillaging.
The remaining 6 end-game locations will be released when the game is out. We’re aiming to start the final beta test in June and expect it to run for 2-3 months. We’ll continue to update and improve the Early Access build on a monthly basis, adding more content (characters, dialogues, items, etc) and general improvements.
The update also has some screenshots of the new areas, which all look pretty awesome. A few of them are rather scifi-ish.