Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Alpan

1. Alpan

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Neverwinter Nights – Tyrants of the Moonsea

I played the original NWN on a Pentium 4 machine with an HDD, so I know what you're talking about. And I remember something like the initial load of Act 1 of the original campaign taking like a minute, if not more, to load. It takes less than a second now. If I recall correctly I never tried NWN...
  2. Alpan

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Neverwinter Nights – Tyrants of the Moonsea

Fantastic review, thanks Gargaune. The module wouldn't have drawn my attention otherwise and I'm especially surprised by how good the environments look. Also to underscore Infinitron's point on NWN: EE added value, it's worth noting that the game, owing to a single recent version update made...
  3. Alpan

Game News Hibernaculum gets Steam page, coming Q4 2025

The "original creator of Primordia" bit made me read the comments here and took me out of my lurking, if for a bit -- this is my first time hearing about the WWS drama. Back when I played Strangeland -- and I liked the game well enough -- I thought the soundtrack was forgettable, which stood out...
  4. Alpan

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

I haven't played PoE this league but have been following the drama. IMO the one thing I would add to your list is that many impactful details regarding the changes made were either not communicated at all ("removed a massive item quantity historic bonus" with no mention of it in the patch notes...
  5. Alpan

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

Obviously, that expresses an opinion about Ron Gilbert, not the game.
  6. Alpan

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

I'm impressed by the tenacity with which people in this thread cling to their preconceptions even after they have a real chance to confirm or revise them, including MRY, who should know better. The game is released. You now have a choice as so-called Monkey Island veterans, claiming to know...
  7. Alpan

As for recombinators, I don't have a strong opinion on them but I would be very surprised if GGG decided to keep them, for the very simple reason that they bypass mod weightings on items entirely. GGG is very peculiar about the kind of abuses they allow inflicted on the itemization system and...
  8. Alpan

Timestamped embed, 27:10.
  9. Alpan

Coming to this thread after a while (dropped this league after two weeks or so and reaching T16s), Chris stated during the reveal livestream interview for Sentinel that he knows the exact number of patches remaining between Sentinel and PoE 2. So sure, PoE 2 took much more time than anticipated...
  10. Alpan

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

I think the forum looks much better now. Thanks Taluntain and Twiglard (and whoever else that may have contributed, I don't know) for the impressively quick turnaround. I'll still keep following this thread to see what kind of autistic nitpicking shows up, because after the extreme...
  11. Alpan

Taluntain: Yes, please extend the actual thread/forum viewing area. Outside of ill-advised design dogma that somehow became widely adopted common wisdom, there is no reason why so much space should be wasted, and it's probably the single greatest contributor to the backlash because it reminds...
  12. Alpan

The effect of the "first change in 20 years" seems to have taken a large step in turning RPG Codex into yet another generic-looking 2020s forum. Sure, the forum will probably remain as appropriate as ever to discuss most things without fear of reprimand or trigger-happy banning. But in terms of...
  13. Alpan

Mature JRPGs

Fair enough. I did play and finish the game btw, and like it. But it's a pretty bland tale and presentation, and contains no gore, little violence, or anything resembling "gritty", which are the other things listed in the OP, and that is why I objected.
  14. Alpan

Mature JRPGs

How is FF12 mature? Even beyond the characters the setting, plot and presentation satisfy none of the criteria outlined in the OP.
  15. Alpan

Seasonal and climatic preferences in RPGs

Interesting, I hadn't thought about this until now. But I like snowy weather in real life and I like snowy climates/biomes in my games because of the austere look of the snow cover and the silence it usually brings with it. Though I do not have a specific preference for deserts I also...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom