Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Two Worlds II Combat Montage

Morkar Left

R00fles!

StrangeCase

Educated
But it looks like that they skipped the horseriding for sailing instead of improving it.

I thought I read somewhere that horses are still in, and that they'd smoothed the geometry and reworked collisions handling. Some interview posted a while back.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
StrangeCase said:
But it looks like that they skipped the horseriding for sailing instead of improving it.

I thought I read somewhere that horses are still in, and that they'd smoothed the geometry and reworked collisions handling. Some interview posted a while back.

That would be nice. I really liked the way horses were handled, except of collision bug.

I am playing the first part right now and I like it so far. It sure is h&s but quite rewarding and fun to play. The world is huge. I guess I invested 20h+ and it looks like I uncovered obly 1/4 of the world (just along the paths, not to mention wilderness).

What really bothers is typical h&s mechanic, e.g., killing mobs every fucking 50 meters. Although sometimes they surrender when you are already known badass around the world which is a nice touch.

Another thing that i don't like is the way you can develop your avatar. I started with stealthy bowman in mind, but I am already burdened by fucking 100 kg pauldrons and stuff. And I can still sneak!! That is shit. Not to mention that it somehow looks stupid being Robin Hood in full plate armor.

I have fear all flaws will be repeated in TW2. These guys do not have someone in their team to hold their horses and make the world more believable, I am afraid. Still, I am looking forward to what will come out of it

hoochimama

Liturgist
This place is going to become really confusing if two worlds 2 and the witcher 2 come out at the same time.

Felix

Arcane
Just call it 2W2......

Volourn là thằng ngu, đéo mẹ, mày ăn cái gì mà ngu thế.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I don't read giobberish. Type in English or at least broken English.

StrangeCase

Educated
Another thing that i don't like is the way you can develop your avatar. I started with stealthy bowman in mind, but I am already burdened by fucking 100 kg pauldrons and stuff. And I can still sneak!! That is shit. Not to mention that it somehow looks stupid being Robin Hood in full plate armor.

Stack your gear. If you have a leather helmet, for example, and find an identical leather helmet, you can combine the two (click and drop) and you'll get a leather helmet stronger than either of them individually. AFAIK, you can do this as much as you want. It's been a while since I've played it, but I'm 90% I'm thinking of the right game.

Angthoron

Arcane
That stacking thing sounds like a nice idea.

However, how the hell does that work? Does the PC glue one armour on top of another? Multi-bladed sword hitting ass and head?

Morkar Left

Angthoron said:

However, how the hell does that work? Does the PC glue one armour on top of another? Multi-bladed sword hitting ass and head?

You just combine them, one weapon disappears and the other get a stat bonus. And its indefinite. Not a bad idea to save inventory space but it was to actionoriented for my taste. The new system sounds better: you divide the weapons and armor in several components and can combine them to something new.

StrangeCase wrote:
Quote:

Would be nice but i really hope that npcs you horses now too and you are not the only one in the world.

Angthoron

Arcane
Morkar said:
Angthoron said:

You just combine them, one weapon disappears and the other get a stat bonus. And its indefinite. Not a bad idea to save inventory space but it was to actionoriented for my taste. The new system sounds better: you divide the weapons and armor in several components and can combine them to something new.

That does sound much better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom