Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drink from the chalice of butthurt

Ermm

Erudite
u PRESS 1 BUTTON TO BEAT THEM

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thread should be merged with the best thread ever yo.

Ermm

Erudite
neno2480

Posted Sep 14, 2010 2:28 am PT

....Revolver Ocelot.....lost...to...to...Team Rocket?!?!? Ok...now I KNOW that there are only little freaking kids voting on this crap. Come on! Kefka vs Sweet Tooth = Little kid "Umm...Don't know who keefkaa is but that clown looks AWESOME! VOTE!" Sephiroth vs RAAM = Little kid "ZOMG!! RAAM is AMAZING! I LOVE GEARS!! VOTE!" Freaking idiots don't know who or what VILLIANS are..

rleitao

Posted Sep 15, 2010 5:14 am PT

@ neno2480:
truer word were never posted.

Ermm

Erudite
Luzur said:
Sephiroth was just emo and liked fire.

LOLZ whta more do YOu watnt???
Freking idiot s dont knw what a villain IS!!!!!!!!

ModernWarf2 onlinz nick - ''NOOBKILLERZ''

SolipsisticUrge

Educated
Irenicus wasn't a terrible villain. He certainly wasn't the greatest ever written, but at least he had motives beyond "I WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING FOR NO REASON LULZ" or "you are pathetic creatures of flesh incapable of comprehending our purpose my voice is deep so you know I must be scary and evil."

relootz

Scholar
I don't know 3/4 of the people in this poll, this pleases me a lot.

My soul has stayed pure.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This is gold or even diamonds. More butthurt please, more ratings and ranks! Well those even cause butthurt here, on the Codex, so no wonder that lesser beings cant take the heat.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They had surprising amount of taste.

Golden Sun
GTA: San Andreas -> Golden Sun

Mega Man 9
Okami -> Okami

Warcraft III
Morrowind -> Morrowind

Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts -> Kingdom Hearts II

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy IX -> Final Fantasy X

Metal Gear Solid 4
Shadow of the Colossus -> Shadow of the Colossus

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
chaliceofbutthurt5.jpg

Luzur said:

And leather, and katanas. Also, massive mommy issues. Like, carries-his-mom's-head-with-him massive.

In other words, the perfect villain for a teenage girl. He wasn't that bad actually. He seemed to be a real threat, sometimes sending clones after you and halting your progress. Royally fucked the protagonist's life / mind, killed a party member for real. If he wasn't so obviously customized to be a fangirl-magnet (hes just MISUNDERSTOOD, how can u hate some1 that CUTE), he would be an okay villain.

CrimHead said:
Deus Ex never happened apparently.

Beaten by....wait for it...

Fallout 3.

Or was it in some other poll? I dunno

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Clockwork Knight said:
Luzur said:

And leather, and katanas. Also, massive mommy issues. Like, carries-his-mom's-head-with-him massive.

In other words, the perfect villain for a teenage girl.

jason-voorhees.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Raghar said:
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy IX -> Final Fantasy X
:rage:

The only good thing about FFX was the Via Infinita.
Oh wait, that was in FFX-2. Ergo, there was nothing good about FFX.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What other RPG do you know that allowed a kick ass undead in the party? (Aside of Drakensang where it was a summon.)

And what about finishing the race in better time than in 0 sec? Or quite nice and logical turn based combat. Tactic mattered a lot. Yojimbo. And what about the arena? Story? One of best musics from every FF?

CrimHead

Scholar
What's interesting psychologically is Pyramid Head fangirls.

I think I might add that particular fandom as an example in my ever growing "Why she actually wanted to get raped" list

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Raghar said:
1. What other RPG do you know that allowed a kick ass undead in the party? (Aside of Drakensang where it was a summon.)
2. And what about finishing the race in better time than in 0 sec?
3. Or quite nice and logical turn based combat.
4. Tactic mattered a lot.
5. Yojimbo.
6. And what about the arena?
7. Story?
8. One of best musics from every FF?

I've taken the liberty of numbering your points for my convenience; I hope you don't mind that.

1. Do not care.
2. If you mean that stupid mini-game -- do not care.
3-4-5. The combat is a plus, definitely, and some summons were p. good. But I don't remember it being particularly tactical; my memory may be failing me, though.
(On a slightly related note, I remember fighting Dark Yojimbo in X-2. That was fun.)
6. The monster arena was a nice idea, but the execution was boring imo.
7. Story? FUUUUUUUUUU-
8. Agreed.

Okay, you've convinced me it wasn't really bad, but you haven't convinced me it was better than just "good for what it is". ;) Not that it matters much, I know.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
We have proof GameFAQ posters are retarded:

Finals would be between...

Smash Bros. Brawl
Zelda: Majora's Mask

Probably everyone can see the winer already.

Crooked Bee said:
Okay, you've convinced me it wasn't really bad, but you haven't convinced me it was better than just "good for what it is". ;) Not that it matters much, I know.
Now create the same table for FF IX, and you'd see why FF X was better game. That is as long as you are not aroused by tails. (That part with oglok can't save it.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom