Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eve Online for 5€

Tycn

Savant
Didn't know that. Does Incursion add anything of value? I gave up after trial and a month after the spreadsheety-ness got to me.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Eve is one of those games where I read all the features and I'm like 'that sounds cool' and 'that's a good idea', but when I tried to actually play it, the game was boring as fuck. Maybe I'll give it another shot one day.

made

Arcane
Tycn said:
Didn't know that. Does Incursion add anything of value?
Nothing that would change your mind if you didn't like it before.

I think the big feature is the new char creation, which I guess is a test run for the vampire mmo. Looks good but kinda generic; I liked the unique style of the old portraits.

Oh and they are casualifing learning skills. Way to turn this into WOW... online!

zeitgeist

Magister
made said:
I think the big feature is the new char creation, which I guess is a test run for the vampire mmo. Looks good but kinda generic; I liked the unique style of the old portraits.
Wait, so it's not possible to recreate the old portraits faithfully in this new system? That doesn't sound too good (I'm assuming they put in the 3D head model creation in preparation for the walking-in-stations thing, haven't followed EVE in some time).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
zeitgeist said:
Wait, so it's not possible to recreate the old portraits faithfully in this new system?

They're trying to do, but with the old char creation system dating back from 2003 not everyone will be able to recreate it to 100% accuracy when the new one hits.

Personally, I give a flying fuck.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
made said:
Tycn said:
Didn't know that. Does Incursion add anything of value?
Nothing that would change your mind if you didn't like it before.

Oh and they are casualifing learning skills. Way to turn this into WOW... online!
I don't see how removing learning skills is "casualifing" (is this even a real word?) the game. This only affects the speed of learning other skills.

made

Arcane
It was an (obvious, I thought) ironic jab at the never-ending casual vs hc struggle in mmos, most prominently in WoW.

Naturally, learning skills added little to the game beyond some decision making while planning your training efficiently, but everyone uses a 3rd party tool to manage that anyway. Nevertheless, I'm sure some players will equal that with dumbing down the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I ain't playing this game unless they make the god damn UI easier to see. The font is so small on my monitor to be barely visible. Its absurd. I heard that they are adding interface customization with Incursion. Is that true?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
raw said:
Lyric Suite said:
The font is so small on my monitor to be barely visible.

It's possible to change the font size.

Where? All i've seen is an option to change the font size of the left side bar, from minuscule to less minuscule (ho goodie). You can also expand the font, but the difference is once again minimal. I just googled this and found countless threads about this issue, including a couple on the main forums. So its not me. They really need to change this shit because right now its near nigh unplayable.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Lyric Suite said:
They really need to change this shit because right now its near nigh unplayable.

It's not unplayable for me but I also asked that question - the font is rather retarded for a multitude of reasons and I have no idea why we just can't set our own font to begin with.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Eitherway, is it true that Incursion its going to add UI customization? That might solve the problem. I think the last installment is going to come out on the 18th of January, right?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Lyric Suite said:
Eitherway, is it true that Incursion its going to add UI customization? That might solve the problem. I think the last installment is going to come out on the 18th of January, right?

I know that they're adding in a new character generator... beyond that I have no idea. The third part of Incursion is said to hit in January. So I guess just wait and see.

edit: http://www.eveonline.com/en/incursion/features

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, since i've already activated the trial i might as well make the best of it. Is there a manual somewhere for this thing? I'd be willing to pine for the boxed version if it comes with a big manual. I love big manuals, haven't had one for years.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Lyric Suite said:
Well, since i've already activated the trial i might as well make the best of it. Is there a manual somewhere for this thing? I'd be willing to pine for the boxed version if it comes with a big manual. I love big manuals, haven't had one for years.

This 416 page book covers the basics: http://www.isktheguide.com/downloads/ISK_2.01_ENG.pdf

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
raw said:
Lyric Suite said:

This 416 page book covers the basics: http://www.isktheguide.com/downloads/ISK_2.01_ENG.pdf

Nice. Wish they had it in paper format, but pretty impressive nonetheless. I'll read it over during the weekend.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, reading about this game seems more exiting then actually playing it. The atmosphere is great though, as is the setting. If they adjust the interface i might actually get hooked, at least for a while. I really need the distraction right now.

Truman

Scholar
I just did the 5 day re-activation after a long hiatus and oh boy I think I might pay for another two months.

Heh, reading about this game seems more exiting then actually playing it. The atmosphere is great though, as is the setting. If they adjust the interface i might actually get hooked, at least for a while. I really need the distraction right now.
I love it as a distraction because it doesn't demand all your attention. I can do a few actions, then alt-tab to the Codex, or read a page of a magazine, then go back: very relaxing.

Data4

Arcane
Truman said:
I just did the 5 day re-activation after a long hiatus and oh boy I think I might pay for another two months.

I love it as a distraction because it doesn't demand all your attention. I can do a few actions, then alt-tab to the Codex, or read a page of a magazine, then go back: very relaxing.

Until your little frigate gets jacked by a lone raider too scared to do anything in 0.0, so he looks around for noobs who mine their scordite while multitasking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom