Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 talent descriptions

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mangoose said:
The issue more is that it dilutes an existing stat. You've got some sort of stat for dodging, but since you can manually dodge, the significance of that stat drops to nil.

Not really. With the stat based dodging you can also attack. If you're moving you can't (teleport dodge aside). So it's more of a trade-off. Do you risk taking the hit so you can keep swinging or do you get out of the way but interrupt your attack?

Monocause

Arcane
Cocksucker said:
ABOUT A DOZEN POSTS IN CAPS WITHOUT ANY RELEVANCE OR LULZINESS WHATSOEVER

Now how the fuck did this cocksucking piece of shit get in here? Get the fuck out of mah foyer.

SAGO

Barely Literate
TRYINGTOOHARD2BEEDGY said:
Cocksucker said:
ABOUT A DOZEN POSTS IN CAPS WITHOUT ANY RELEVANCE OR LULZINESS WHATSOEVER

Now how the fuck did this cocksucking piece of shit get in here? Get the fuck out of mah foyer.

WANNA FUCKING RAGE? I RAGED AT CHRIS PRIESTLY AND CALLED HIM AN OVERGROWN BASTARD.

UR MOST LIKELY A FAT CUNT TOO.

:x

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Mastermind said:
Mangoose said:
The issue more is that it dilutes an existing stat. You've got some sort of stat for dodging, but since you can manually dodge, the significance of that stat drops to nil.

Not really. With the stat based dodging you can also attack. If you're moving you can't (teleport dodge aside). So it's more of a trade-off. Do you risk taking the hit so you can keep swinging or do you get out of the way but interrupt your attack?
Assuming that you can't attack while moving, that's still a good 50% dilution. Despite having different dodge stats, all characters can manually dodge with the exact same competence (teleport dodge aside).

Archibald

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Mangoose said:

:decline:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
JC said:
"Where are the skills for pickpocketing, trap making, trap finding, lock picking and other non-combat skills?"

FFS You are a fukkin' idiot. It's not complex. This thread is about talents which are combat focused. Skills is where the non combat shit like dialogue, potion crafting, and the like comes into play. FFS
Maybe I missed it, but could you tell me where is the window for the non-combat skills in the demo then? I couldn't find it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It isn't.. doesn't mean the skills aren't in the game. As far as I know non combat skills like diplomacy and potion making are still in the game.

There's lots of things not in demo that will be in game - inventory is one of those, being able to make your appearance different than defacto Hawke. Etc., etc.
I'd be shocked and dissapointed if non combat skills were cut.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
There's lots of things not in demo that will be in game - inventory is one of those, being able to make your appearance different than defacto Hawke. Etc., etc.

GOTY!!!

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lockpicking and disarming will be based on cunning. So if there are non-combat skills, they're probably gonna be merged into attributes or severely castrated, just like the mage's spell selection.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
It isn't.. doesn't mean the skills aren't in the game. As far as I know non combat skills like diplomacy and potion making are still in the game.

I'd be shocked and dissapointed if non combat skills were cut.
I'd be dissapointed too. But I worry about this, because I didn't even find the window for it. I saw that the inventory is locked, but at least I saw that there is an inventory. Let's hope for the best.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Konjad said:
Who cares about talents when the whole game is shit anyway?
Make no mistake, most of the Codex will play the game, so after that they can hate it even more. And if we play the game, the lack of skills will be bothering.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"But I worry about this, because I didn't even find the window for it. I saw that the inventory is locked, but at least I saw that there is an inventory. Let's hope for the best."

Noticed that too. Worst case scenario is they took them out which would be lame. I wonder if it's been confirmed or denied on the BIO baords.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom