Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I WANT TO BE A DRAGON.

DaveO

Erudite
The Sacred 2 expansion allows you to create a Dragon Mage that can assume the form of a dragon.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Havoc said:
From what I remember... there is a dragon Hentai RPG where you play as a dragon with your own cave. You dig a dungeon, have monster to protect you, heroes to kill you, heroines to fuck. Jap, not translated.

Do you remember the name for this one?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Makes me wonder why Dragons have become such a trope in culture. C'mon, they're just flying lizards. :?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DaveO said:
The Sacred 2 expansion allows you to create a Dragon Mage that can assume the form of a dragon.

How was Sacred 2 compared to the first one? I really enjoyed the first Sacred.

DaveO

Erudite
In my opinion, Sacred 2 missed a lot of what made the first one special. There are a LOT of quests in #2 if that's your thing and you can explore more than in #1. It does take longer to level up, and building effective characters requires reference to a Wiki that explains the buff and combat art modifications.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
DraQ said:
Surf Solar said:
Makes me wonder why Dragons have become such a trope in culture. C'mon, they're just flying lizards. :?
And humans are just walking apes. So?

:smug:

Would you enjoy playing a game where the PC is a dragon from the getgo, but he can transform into a human? :smug:

tennishero

Novice
neo-bahamut.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysuCAIEp3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLZcudw ... re=related

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Havoc said:
From what I remember... there is a dragon Hentai RPG where you play as a dragon with your own cave. You dig a dungeon, have monster to protect you, heroes to kill you, heroines to fuck. Jap, not translated.
It's called I want to be married.
A funny game where you acquired a cat princess in the begining, she tried to kill you because she heard strange stuff about dragons and believed it. Then as the game progresses, you become more and more close to each other and you can marry her. If you cheat at her, and she isn't in love, that girl that try to find you would find you and rape your ass.
Luckily you can do a new game+ thus you can train a guardian which would kick her ass and capture her. Of course there is also notoriety, and that princess from that pretty powerful country can be also married.

That's it it's about burning villages/cities/giantcities, marriage, and training monsters to protect your treasure and your hide.

And don't forget, when you capture all these rescuers and robbers, you can extort them for gold.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
larpingdude17 said:
Surf Solar said:
DraQ said:
Surf Solar said:

Would you enjoy playing a game where the PC is a dragon from the getgo, but he can transform into a human? :smug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FQb1iBH8tU

Oh man, now that you linked that I have to shamefully admit that I really liked BoF IV as a kid. Went to YouTube to listen to some of the music tracks, thanks you asshole. :x ;)

circ

Arcane
You can ride a dragon in M&M 8. Maybe 6 and 7 too? I forget. And you can even get your dragon guys, as there are I think two, prestige classes so they become super dragons. It's not as easy as some classes, but what ever is.

Ooh I would replay that again after like 10 years if the graphox hadn't aged so badly. I can play a BioWare game if I want badly detailed areas. Har har.

DraQ

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
DraQ said:
Surf Solar said:

Aren't dragons polymorphing into humans/elves as a form of disguise pretty much staple of generic fantasy anyway?

Black Cat

Magister
Dragofireheart said:
What are some good RPGs where being a dragon, taming a dragon, or doing something with a dragon plays a large role in the story/combat/interface/etc.?

Dragon Blaze is all you need, if you are badass enough for it. The character selection is kind of pulled straight out of the Mahou Daisakusen series (sorceress plus blue ship, warrior plus red ship, necromancer plus whatever ship) minus the scalie given all four characters ride dragons into battle instead of magical fightercraft, but the game's pretty fun and, from stage 3 onward, pretty hardcore and frustrating. It also has lots of little elements that make it pretty fun, including detaching yourself of the dragon and flying around while the dragon stays put in a spot and kills anything that crosses into his line of fire, using it as a close range weapon when detaching close to an enemy for massive damage, having two diferent magical attacks depending on whether you are riding or detached, etc.

I'm not sure if it's a great game, but it sure is a pretty good one.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
EDIT: DOUBLE POST.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom