Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What things do you want to get fixed in The Witcher 2?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
mediocrepoet said:
I'm a bit choked that it has no sound at all with the G35 Logitech headset. Apparently they're going to patch that down the road, but not in the patch for next week.

To be fair, this is more of a case where Logitech should issue a new driver for their hardware. I'm more annoyed at them than anything.

Anyway, because of that, I haven't really started it other than to check out the opening dialogue a bit. I can play it through my speakers and sound card, but with the language, I'd rather not have the kids overhear anything.

Right:
"Słuchaj się, kurwa, we wszystkim Roche'a, bo to patriota, chociaż chuj. Sępy już krążą nad ciałem Foltesta, ale radzę sobie. Dorwij skurwieli, nie daj się. Post Scriptum: ale w zamku to zjebałeś."

Foltest is da man and Talar is great. Too bad we won't see the latter in the game. :(

Seolas

Liturgist
Inventory is too clunky and all the scrolling is annoying. Plus there's no tab for Junk so you have to go through everything under "All" to find it to sell. That's my main complaint about a game I'm really enjoying.

Edit: One other thing. I'm not one for hand-holding but in the first game if you got a formula, it stored it and you could drop/sell it back. In this, as I found out the hard way, if you sell formulas/diagrams, you can't make the potion/item at all. They probably should have had a tutorial popup for that in the prologue.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lesifoere said:
People bitching about openness is weird. TW2 was never advertised as an open-world/sandbox game. Ever.

There's a difference between an open world sandbox and one that isn't but still allows for freedom of movement versus psuedo-rail shooter/rigidly predefined movement paths.

Antihero

Liturgist
Quick mod I made to lessen the menu scrolling. Let me know if any text gets cut off and doesn't scroll. Beats me why the devs let that extra space just go to waste.
http://www.mediafire.com/?brz2zzwrvjd2qe2

Makes tooltips 80% taller, scroll 3x faster, and start scrolling almost immediately. It's not perfect for a proper potato loving ubermensch, but I'll have to mess around with the game some more before I make anything more fancy. Plus there's the patches coming, so let's see what the devs fix themselves.

Edit: I just noticed in the comparison screenshot that the bleeding and poison percentages were different... it gets that from the game itself, so I don't know why it was different then. Maybe there was an effect active and the game doesn't separate that out? When I look at it now, it's back to its original lower level.

Edit 2: I can confirm the percentages can fluctuate even without this mod when you reopen the inventory. Weird.

Before/After

Before/After inventory:
click

Before/After alchemy:
click

Half thought about making a thread in the Workshop, but guess this'll suffice. Lots of other things I wouldn't mind fixing if I get the time - like if we have to select our signs Crysis suit style (besides mashing "3"), then at least don't make me also click to select it.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Commissar Draco said:
Strange I got no bugs untill playing the second chapter and more so on Scoiatel path, now I have CTD every hour or so WTF! Safe often, in this encounter Mrowak you shud have cut scene with some (minor choice) after defeating you know who, the wizard escapes anyway.

I fought the same fight like maybe 25 times before

Dethmold

opened a portal and vanished thus allowing for the cutscene to trigger. Nothing like that had happened ever before.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Metro said:
Lesifoere said:
People bitching about openness is weird. TW2 was never advertised as an open-world/sandbox game. Ever.

There's a difference between an open world sandbox and one that isn't but still allows for freedom of movement versus psuedo-rail shooter/rigidly predefined movement paths.

TW2 doesn't have rail-shooter movement paths, though. Quite the opposite. Yes, you can get stuck on roots and planks etc, but the movement paths in the forest really aren't rigidly predefined.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
People getting random crashes, might be because of the value you set on "Texture memory size". I had it set to medium since I have a 1GB card, but had the game CTD twice around similar intervals.

I set it to small now and the game is running fine.

Thoric

Novice
Quickload button, save naming and autosave overwriting.

UI tweaking - it could be made a lot more efficient, really too much blank space and scrolling. And there's no way to display only "junk items" in the inventory.

And a goddamn storage chest wouldn't be bad.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Excidium said:
People getting random crashes, might be because of the value you set on "Texture memory size".

It seems so. Fro the readme file:
"Texture memory size: sets the amount of graphics card memory allocated to textures. Larger values will decrease the amount of streaming that occurs in game and will make the game run more smoothly, but they can also cause the graphics card to run out of memory and even result in game crashes. Choose a reasonable value based on the amount of memory available on your graphics card."

MapMan

Arcane
I have 896 MB of memory and I have not experienced a single crash yet, even though I have the memory limit set to maximum.

Black

Arcane
Subtitles. White with no background is often hard to read.

Question: how mod-friendly is the new engine? I heard CDP saying something about releasing tools for it and so on, but I don't know shit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Combat re-balance a a priority; should be easier THEN harder and not the other way round. Within reason of course otherwise it would just be like level scaling, making talent upgrades meaningless. Rather maybe allow for getting above the curve a little if you want by going the extra mile with side quest, if you find it too hard. Conversely you can ignore the extra talents on offer from minor quests in order to have a tougher fight.

I'd also really love to to see the AI chase you much more aggressively before giving up. It's too easy to give in to the temptation of taking a few swings, casting signs, then running away a bit until the AI loses interest and goes away. Not only should they follow for longer, maybe permanently, depending on where you are(bandit would chase you everywhere in the wilderness, but give up if you make it into a town as an example) but they should also maybe be a bit faster to make even this attempt to flee much harder.

Some UI improvements such as being able to go from your inventory to the map by just pressing M and not having to close the inventory first.

And maybe add a mouse cursor so targeting becomes a bit smoother.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
commie said:
I'd also really love to to see the AI chase you much more aggressively before giving up. It's too easy to give in to the temptation of taking a few swings, casting signs, then running away a bit until the AI loses interest and goes away. Not only should they follow for longer, maybe permanently, depending on where you are(bandit would chase you everywhere in the wilderness, but give up if you make it into a town as an example) but they should also maybe be a bit faster to make even this attempt to flee much harder.
I'd love this too, but for a slightly different reason. More than once I rolled back a little to catch distance and lay some traps just to have the enemies lose interest on me. Step on my Yrden you fuckers!! :x

It doesn't happen too often though, most enemies have fairly large aggro ranges. I only remember it happening on the prologue during the ballista part, and on the flotsam forest fighting some random brigands.

a budda

Arbiter
prices are a joke, i sell shit for 2 penny and buy it back for 200 :retarded:

alchemy was way better in W1, they grouped same "element" components but everything else has been fucked, it really is "dumbing down" in all it's glory :/

also don't see much point in going for traps (not to mention monsters don't follow you enough) or bombs
signs are free, elixirs pretty much the same and he's a fucking megakiller with swords...

well, and fuck you all for saying combat is hard, i totally have no idea what to put my points into now as fights got piss easy

Outmind

Augur
What things do you want to get fixed in The Witcher 2?

The idiotic fact that you can't change the aspect ratio, making the game practically unplayable on my 4:3 screen because of the black bars and microscopic text.

a budda

Arbiter
oh, and i want boobie cards back :x
seriously, sex now is "100 orens? no thank you"
and seems it's only whores... boooring

and the setting... "scary" forest, dwarven mountain, military camp (so far) epically boooring
where are REAL withcher settings, you know, more down to earth, villages, fields, some tombs, w1 had much better feel in terms of atmoshere

also too many references to RL, fuck that, it's a fucking fantasy, i don't want references to altairs or trolling, it's beyond retarded
in w1 you had brilliant references to some folk stories, legends and the like - here altair and trolling :facepalm:
it's much less "sapkowski-style" than w1
feels more like a bioware take on the books (well, if bioware could ever manage sth like that)

it's a good game, many things are "bettered", but so much was lost :/

MCA
To be honest, after I have played TW1 for the first time, I was fantasising about "improved boobie cards", that is, 3D views of the women with all the details and perhaps a hidden mini-game for TW2 but no, it's "ooh so immature!". Liberal & feminazi agenda at work again.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
a budda said:
oh, and i want boobie cards back :x
seriously, sex now is "100 orens? no thank you"
and seems it's only whores... boooring
It's not only whores.
In my run Geralt has ploughed a grateful elf he saved from a fire, A succubus (with hooves and all that) and Triss of course. I predict more in the future. I still want to fuck the baroness!

Achilles

Arcane
commie said:
Combat re-balance a a priority; should be easier THEN harder and not the other way round.

Not necessarily. Sure, some tougher fights later on would be great, but it's quite satisfying to be able to destroy opponents that used to give you a hard time at first, also known as the "Molecular Control, problem aliens?" paradigm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom