Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma

Mortmal

Arcane
And yet again i spoil the holy rpg forum with a console game as apprently its only on xbox360/ps3 so far by former resident evil 4 developper. Another action rpg, good looking one with complete character customization, you can even choose the degree of masculinity , or feminity of your character, see they cater to a very important codexer's need.
Ah well a trailer is better than a long explanation:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/DD/movie01.html

Now if someone is fluent in japanese and could tell me whats all this text on their site is about....Id like to know how this will compare to dark souls.

curry

Arcane
Havoc said:
Dragons.

Dragons everywhere.

Yes, BUT this game is made by the Japanese AND they call it Action Adventure and not Action RPG (which means this should be in GG and not GRPG).

The game sounds good though

For example, the main character can either grab on to a giant griffon's legs and attack it directly, or climb up to reach the top of its head for a more lethal blow. "In a lot of action games, with big enemies the tendency is just to have you hacking away at the shins. You don't get the full effect of fighting a giant boss," Itsuno, the director of Dragon's Dogma says. "With this game you can climb all over it. If it has a body part, you can attack it." The ability to climb enemies has drawn comparisons to Shadow of the Colossus.

zeitgeist

Magister
Dragon's DogmaTM is an exciting new franchise which redefines the action genre from the team that produced some of Capcom's greatest action games. Set in a huge open world, Dragon's Dogma offers an exhilarating and fulfilling action combat game with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world.
With an epic story and incredible action, Dragon's Dogma is set to be one of Capcom's newest hit franchises.
FEATURES • Highly Stylized Action Combat -- The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits -- Resident Evil® 4 and Devil May Cry® 4.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some RPG developers don't like to call their games an RPG because they think they'll sell more if they don't. If it has a character system it's an RPG. It's hard to tell if it does from that site though. I see classes, which is a good sign, but that's about all.

curry

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Some RPG developers don't like to call their games an RPG because they think they'll sell more if they don't. If it has a character system it's an RPG. It's hard to tell if it does from that site though. I see classes, which is a good sign, but that's about all.
:what:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
They said that they would consider a PC port if there are enough people who want to see it happen.

Nex said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/31/breaking-down-capcoms-dragons-dogma-press-demo/

wow, this actually looks very nice.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
curry said:
Mastermind said:
:what:

What seems to be the problem storyfag? :troll:

.Sigurd

Educated
What!? No PC?
Fuck, after Demon/Dark Souls and a couple of others games I'm tempted to buy a PS3.

Mortmal

Arcane
Diablo1_reborn said:
They said that they would consider a PC port if there are enough people who want to see it happen.

Nex said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/31/breaking-down-capcoms-dragons-dogma-press-demo/

wow, this actually looks very nice.

Wont happen on pc, a dev will see this thread has been moved from the prestigious , and holy, rpg forum to general gaming, he will be heartbroken and resentfull and cancel the pc port.
All of this , jaesun fault! All jaesun fault!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Director(s) Hideaki Itsuno[1]

Dragon's Dogma (Video Game) (post-production)

2008 Devil May Cry 4 (Video Game)

2005 Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening (Video Game)

2003 Devil May Cry 2 (Video Game)

2001 Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (Video Game)

2001 One Piece Mansion (Video Game)

2000 Power Stone 2 (Video Game)

1998 Rival Schools (Video Game)
Well here's hoping it's DMC3 quality and not -2 or -4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom